The Biggest Loser – Will Strategy See A Girl Win This Year?

After three weeks of not seeing The Biggest Loser here are a few thoughts on the show:

• Has Trainer Tiffany had some sort of collision with a spray tan bottle, she looks orange. Also again tonight she jumped on Jarrod and wrapped her legs around him. Note she does not do that to the girls. It think she should consider he is a 22 year old guy, I hope we don’t see any pixialated shots on camera.
  • All the teams appear to be playing strategically, and the Moon’s are reaping from this. Clearly everyone doesn’t think they have a snowballs chance in hell in winning, as no one from that team has been eliminated.
  • I think with everyone desperate to get rid of the strong players it will leave a lot of the females and one of them could take the title. I don’t have a problem with that as it is tougher for the women to win this game due to slower metabolism and not able compete as well as the guys in the physical challenges.
  • However I hope the female that doesn’t win is Sarah Moon, I know she has had a tough life story, but she appears to have some sort of victim mentality, which means she perceives people are always seeing her in a negative light. This is getting tedious.
  • Apologies for the crap pop psychology above, like that used by  Shannon and Michelle Bridges on the show, hopefully there are trained professional off camera sorting these contestants out.
  • I wouldn’t mind seeing Lara Westren win. But I don’t think she has a hope as they are only half way through and she must be only 10 kilos off her goal weight.
  • What is the point of Commando making the Moon girls sleep on a yoga mat? So they can get a crap night sleep so they can’t train properly? Ridiculous.
  • Also I thought the diet he put the girls on was pretty severe, which is fine for a weight loss competition, but he seemed to imply this is what they should be eating this daily for the rest of their lives.
  • I was wrong about The Westren’s I thought they would be duds, but they have proved me wrong. They are powering along.
  • Damien is still a contender, and it is incredible how big he still is, and he has lost at least 50 kgs.
  • I have to say I think this is one of my favourite Biggest Loser season’s ever.

Who do you think is going to win at this stage of the competition?

1 Darryl { 03.18.11 at 9:15 am }

I have only been watching occasionally. Lara seems the female powerhouse but her boyfriend is piss weak. Anything tough like mud challenge or sawing, it’s Lara and not lazy boofhead BF. I was hoping both twins were staying for a while because they were obviously getting close after years of conflict

2 seepi { 03.18.11 at 9:50 am }

Yes – pity the other twin left.

I feel really sorry for sarah moon. of course she has issues. If her life went bad at age 8, then she would have massive arrested development and still be 8 years old in certain areas – like anger mngt and interpresonal skills maybe…

I think the commando is trying to impress on them that this is not a little holiday they are on. The dark haired pair from that family anoy me the most – thy are just cruising along not trying very hard. why bother being there?

And the challenors are a strange lot. One week the young one is telling Damien to leave him alone, last night he is saying he would like him as a father. wierd.

I find most of them are just not very likeable this series. the relationships are keeping it interesting I guess.

3 Dolph Ziggler { 03.18.11 at 11:01 am }

Tiff’s clearly needin’ a bout of matress wrestlin’ with the Dolphmeister. I’m oiled, ready and all yours babe. Oh. And I’m orange too…

4 Richard { 03.18.11 at 11:45 am }

I had to laugh when Commando took away the Moon’s makeup – the 2 dark haired ones were horrified! I agree they think it is some sort of holiday they are on.

5 Littlepetal { 03.18.11 at 2:55 pm }

Not sure why I couldn’t post here

6 Littlepetal { 03.18.11 at 3:07 pm }

How to I put links on my comment?

7 Emily Jones { 03.21.11 at 12:28 am }

It’s a good season and its awesome being able to watch it streamed on the net anytime.
I agree that Lara is probably the toughest person there, but i dont think she can win on the numbers. Lisa won last year after losing 46.1% of her body weight. If Lara did this she would have to get to almost 56kg… a bit much to expect. Remember how small Tiffany got for the finale in season 4? She was only 59.5. (Only!?)
If she somehow got back in, I think Emma could do it.
Leigh might be a dark horse. He has Lara pushing him and that family is on fire. So currently my money is a another blue team first and second, like in season 4, but instead of Bob and Tiffany, it will be Leigh and Lara. And he will propose to her onstage at the finale. Lol! (I totally think that will happen:)