The Biggest Loser – Jodie and Kellie Moon Did They Put On Weight To Get On Show?

Thanks to an eagle eyed reader (thanks Katrina) who sent me some links it would appear this is not the first time sisters Jodie and Kellie Moon have been involved with The Biggest Loser.

The sisters who admit to being yo-yo dieters, have previously lost a lot of weight on the The Biggest Loser Club with the meal replacement program. Click here to go to their pages. It reveals Kellie on the program went from 110 kgs to 84 kgs. (See her weight loss diary here). Jodie lost a similar bit of weight and got down to 79 kgs.

There is one theory that the girls put back on the weight to get on the family edition. They had previously applied for the The Biggest Loser – Couples season. Kellie did say she went to McDonald’s every day…

This I don’t really buy into, and the Shine denies this.

What I think the real issues is the products The Biggest Loser Club is promoting aka the show’s merchandise does not promote long term  or healthy weight loss.

These products are promoted on the website and during the show, but clearly they don’t work. Sure you can lose the weight, but by the looks of these girls to lose 25 kgs and then put it back on pretty much straight away.

The products are a money making venture, however I think they should show some responsibility, considering they pretend to promote healthy weight loss, both on the show, and on The Biggest Loser Club.

But it would appear these are not the only bits of manipulation occurring on the show. But this is now surprise.

Gordie on the Channel Ten Forum states:

Remember Jodie saying she hasn’t worn a bikini for years & years.

From her page on The Biggest Loser Club.

Before the Challenge, I would have made an excuse not to go the beach. Recently though, we spent two weeks in Cairns where we hit the beach and I even wore a red bikini and it felt great! It was also a goal of mine to wear a size 12 dress by the time The Biggest Loser Finale came round and that’s what I did.

This is not the first time The Biggest Loser has been caught out last year Fremantle Media admitted the weekly weigh ins were not actually weekly weigh ins. (See previous blog post here).

1 Littlepetal { 03.19.11 at 11:50 am }

I did try to mention this on an earlier post but my comments did not appear. I tried 3 times but were not successful. I also have a link of Kellie and picture of her after she lost those kgs. I think it was me putting in the links that affected the submission of the comments.

I used to like the Moons but not now when I found out about their Second Chance. BTW I think I was the one who found the Second Chance scandal. I posted that on another site and it was then discussed on the BL blog.

I also found a picture of Emma with her husband looking really pretty and slim. I am not sure when the picture was taken. I could put in the link but someone have to teach me how to do it.

I also think Jarrod has not been fat for too long.

2 reality raver { 03.19.11 at 1:28 pm }

Little Petal – I think if you try and post more then two links in a comment it thinks you are spamming…

But would love to see the links have a go and if there is a problem when posting 2 at a time tell me and I will fiddle with something on my dashboard.

Great research really appreciate it.

3 Littlepetal { 03.19.11 at 1:44 pm }

Yes, I did post 2 links. Try this one. It is on Kellie losing those Kgs

4 Littlepetal { 03.19.11 at 1:46 pm }

Picture of Emma and her husband. Not sure when this was taken.

5 reality raver { 03.19.11 at 1:52 pm }

Oh Little Petal that is gold.

Kellie must have put the weight back on when she had the baby. Still the Biggest loser club didn’t really teach them how to eat properly..

Christ Emma looks like a hottie.

6 davsimp { 03.19.11 at 11:18 pm }

stuff me, if any maniac deliberately tries to put weight on to get into this show then god help them. The black haired sisters from the black team are boring as batshit and need to go. I know sarah can be annoying but she is the first one to congratulate another team for a win. I like her spirit and she is a good sport.

Quick tangent here…. pissed off coz i could not get that poxy hughey lewis song “I’m so happy to be stuck with you”‘ out of my head when lara and leigh were cavorting over the boot camp obstacles. Call me a sucker, but those two kids look so in loves and have lost so much weight from when they first started. See when Leigh went to lunch with Bob and his mum and Lara – he scrubbed up quite nicely i thought.

7 Culinary Boner { 03.21.11 at 2:38 pm }

The Biggest Loser Club –
clearly its not an oxymoron

8 Katrina { 03.22.11 at 8:11 am }

you might enjoy Jarrod’s FB page as well then, apparently by his mum (according to the TBL forums)

The TBL FB page has been positively feral btw.

9 The Biggest Loser – Shannon and Lara On A Bed Together | reality ravings { 04.20.11 at 9:39 pm }

[…] And what was that bollocks about I would never thought I could lose 25 kgs. She did just that on The Biggest Loser meal replacement program two years ago. (see previous blog post here) […]

10 The Biggest Loser Contestants – How They Really Lose Weight | reality ravings { 05.13.11 at 2:13 pm }

[…] In a previous post I outlined my concerns about The Biggest Loser diet products and how it does not promote healthy, sustainable weight loss, but now it has been revealed how some of the contestants bring in the big weight loss numbers each week. […]

11 Kellie Moon { 10.24.12 at 4:21 pm }

Nice to read these comments from people that hide behind a computer screen!
If you want to know the truth then here it is!
Yes my sister and i were apart of the Second Chance Team a few years prior to being selected from The Biggest Loser as we just missed out! We should of been on the season where the sisters Mel and Holly were chosen! We were then offered to do a second chance challenge with The Biggest Loser Club!
Yes we lost weight (around 20kgs? but didn’t reach goal weights) on the shakes and meal replacements however we had no guidance or training from the trainers on the show and therefore when we finished the 12 weeks, we easily put the weight back on as we were not exercising like you do on the show! We also didn’t change physically or mentally!
I then had another baby and thus gained 50kgs!
Reality Tv shows do have a tendency to over exaggerate things and if you believe that i ate maccas every day then thats your choice!
Yes i agree my diet was not good prior to the show and with a spinal injury i was unable to exercise through out my pregnancy! I also moved from Cairns to Sydney to be with my mother who was diagnosed with Cancer and that took a toll on both my sister and i! Especially when soon after our mums diagnosis, jodie was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and i also had a cervical cancer scare!
Life takes its toll and people gain weight! Such is Life!
I never once put on weight to get on the show! How could someone put on 50kgs to get on a tv show? It’s a bit far fetched don’t you think?
I honestly don’t give a hoot regardless if you thought we were boring as bat shit! I wasn’t there for the tv show as such, i was there to lose the weight and gain my life back!
Tell me, how many mums do you know who would leave their 7 month old and 4 year old at home for 5 months to go off and film a tv show without seeing them that whole time?
There is a lot you don’t realise from behind the scenes, so think again before judging others!
After the show i gained my master trainer, personal training qualifications and i am now helping others get their lives back! I didn’t use this show for celebrity status or what ever you may think! I am a better person, a better mother and a better wife now! I gained the tools i needed from this show to turn my life around otherwise i would of been dead by the time i was 40!
So next time you sit and watch this show with a tub of ice cream on your lap, take a good look at yourself first before judging others! It’s a life line for every contestant on that show!

12 Reality Raver { 10.24.12 at 4:33 pm }

Kellie Moon – Thanks for the clarification, not sure which comments you are taking offence to.

13 brain dead dave { 10.24.12 at 4:45 pm }

Even nicer to read comments from people who hide behind the refridgerator. Wouldn’t trust the bogan Moons as far as I could throw them….and I’d need a forklift to do that.

14 Kellie Moon { 10.24.12 at 5:34 pm }

Not your comments Reality Raver!
Brain Dead Dave- Your name says it all! Yep hiding behind the fridge whilst i train people….ha

15 brain dead dave { 10.24.12 at 5:36 pm }

I’ve never read as many excuses in one blog as yours , Kellie. Typical fatty.

16 Woodrow { 09.16.13 at 11:14 am }

Hi there Dear, are you actually visiting this web site regularly,
if so then you will definitely get fastidious knowledge.

my blog Woodrow