Aaron Harvie In A Pizza Hut Advertisement

Remember too cool for school Aaron Harvie from last year’s Masterchef Australia? He who knocked out Maid Marion, and like his fusion italian/mexican food.

Well my eyebrows raised slightly when I heard he was an El Paso ambassador, but I was completely shocked when I found out he was spruiking for Pizza Hut. His coolness factor just went to less than zero.

Check it out below.

Thanks @cracked_canoe and @davisimp for tweeting me about it.

1 davsimp { 03.22.11 at 1:48 am }

In the words of SamDeBrito: ” Can’t believe that MasterChef cunt in the beanie is spruiking Pizza Hut”

2 Jasmin { 03.22.11 at 9:10 am }

RR – Coolness factor less than zero? That’s pretty cold :)
I saw this ad and was amused. Pizza Hut are obviously trying to show how gourmet their pizzas are… but I think it just makes Aaron look like a sell out.

3 Darryl { 03.22.11 at 9:27 am }

This has been on Brissy TV for about two weeks. Cracks me up every time

4 Injera { 03.22.11 at 9:28 am }

Oh, davsimp, I never thought I’d laugh at a Sam DeBrito quote, but that is GOLD.

Those pizzas look foul, but in a different way to the normal PH pizza – in fact, they look uncooked. Clearly Aaron has given up on the idea of a career in food. You have to have made a reputation before you can sell it out…

5 Zoey @ Good Goog { 03.22.11 at 9:30 am }

This trend of advertising by pizza hut is annoying and insulting. Do they actually expect us to believe that pasta (or some stodge that passes for pasta) or gourmet pizza (apparently if you put rocket on anything it makes it gourmet) could actually pass for the real deal?

And Adam? *insert long sigh* Well if what he was going for was giant douche, then mission accomplished!

6 Reality Raver { 03.22.11 at 10:40 am }

Jasmin – So no one has been moved to actually buy one of the pizzas…

In a sense I don’t have a problem with people selling out, but his persona was one of indie anti-corporate, good food, inner city hipster.

Davisimp – did Sam De Brito actually say that. Hilarious.

Darryl – I wonder if he felt filming it.

Injera – yes I don’t think that mexican food program will come to fruition now.

Zoey@goodGoog – He was always a bit of a douche wasn’t he.

7 Culinary Boner { 03.22.11 at 11:21 am }

Are Pizza Hut trying to launch a faux hipster line?
Guacomole pizza with corn chip crust, anyone?

8 dmc { 03.22.11 at 1:45 pm }

Did Aaron really have any cooking cred at all?

9 brain dead dave { 03.22.11 at 1:45 pm }

This ads been soiling my viewing experience in Adelaide for two weeks now. What a desperate cockroach he is.

10 MelbaToast { 03.22.11 at 2:31 pm }

I guess he’s got to pay the bills somehow, though I was surprised that he is on this add.

11 Pollywaffle { 03.22.11 at 2:56 pm }

Aaron must have gotten mistaken for the creative on that shoot,instead of the pizza wanker so many times it would have pissed him off bigtime.
But I do note that the competition for the Master Sellout awards has been hotting up of late.

Curtis was out of the box early with his $10 meal specials which totallysold us and added to his creds as a gourmet chef.

Not to be outdone old surfing buddy Ben O’Donohue headed him off at the pass with a very unconvincing spruik for a vegetarian sausage range backed up by a muesli bar ad where he looked us in the eye and told us that he can’t do without these little instant snacks, of course he’s never anywhere near any decent food ha!

Margaret Fulton has got me a little worried though with her recent plunge into honest food hard sell but I dont think shes quite going to Zinger burger territory as yet but theres always time ( er maybe not). Im just waiting for Nigella to start licking the Ms off M&Ms and the blurring of the lines will be complete.

12 skye { 03.22.11 at 10:02 pm }

I never thought Aaron whathisface had either cool or cred to lose. He seemed like the oldest lost kid in town, way overdue for some growing up, and worthy of zero respect on any front whatsoever – so I guess wise of him to make any cash he can.

13 brain dead dave { 03.23.11 at 12:04 am }

I Like the way Margaret Fulton screws up her face and says “no extras from the pantry”…kick in the nuts for Curtis …then she infers that his $10 specials wouldn’t feed an anorexic sparrow.

Nigella specializes in uncovered meat. Her seasoned rack is to die for . Bon aperTIT!

14 Culinary Boner { 03.23.11 at 2:28 pm }

BDD, good observation. I’d say Nigella’s rack is well seasoned, and would leave one gasping for air.

15 Paul { 03.24.11 at 9:36 am }

Person gets offered good dollars for little work.
Person accepts.

Stop the presses

16 Reality Raver { 03.24.11 at 2:28 pm }

Paul – He doesn’t appear to be twittering about it.

BDD – Oh yes that is gold by Margaret Fulton there…