My Kitchen Rules – OPEN POST

Due to a very badly sleeping child I still have not watched the end of My Kitchen Rules. The recap won’t be up before 11.00am.

For those who need to discuss it before then please do.

I also should mention this week’s TV WEEK had this article on Stefania, saying on online forums punters are saying she should get a nose job. WTF. I think her nose is what makes her attractive.

Also she said that some of her family did not talk to her as they did not like her. Now that I found interesting, and did get me slightly curious.

1 PollyB { 03.24.11 at 9:17 am }

Herald Sun online today
“OUSTED loudmouth My Kitchen Rules contestant Melanie Maddock said she wouldn’t have entered the hit cooking show if she had her time again, because it was too much like MasterChef.
The controversial Tassie contestant said she wanted to cook home food she loved with her husband James, but felt pressured by producers to whip up certain recipes and hated the MasterChef-like challenges.”

She is a vile, overbearing, old shrew. James could be described as weak, but, frankly, after last night I think he is saint to put up with that. Happy not to see her again.
Kane and Lee’s food looked great.

2 Wurstsemmel { 03.24.11 at 10:25 am }

What I found funny was the ‘I love cooking from the heart’ comment when, in the kitchen, there was very little love as she called James an idiot and demeaned him with her ‘good boy’ comments.

3 Chunks { 03.24.11 at 10:32 am }

LOL @ ousted loudmouth. She’s right though. It really is just the poor man’s Masterchef. Is Toby Puttock always so nervous? Never noticed it before but he was pretty stiff and quaking a bit last night.

4 Culinary Boner { 03.24.11 at 11:35 am }

“she wouldn’t have entered the hit cooking show if she had her time again, because it was too much like MasterChef” and “felt pressured”. Seriously, Mel would be lucky to win on Come Dine With Me. WTF did she think she was getting into? A chatty, blender-whizzing, kitchen-bench, tete-a-tete, with Kerri-Anne gushing about just how marvellously fucken innovative her pumpkin and bacon muffin recipe was?
On to Stephania’s honker, why do the mag or official TV forums always feature retards obssessed with contestant’s appearance, rather than their piss-poor behaviour or astonishing lack of ability? (I put my hand up for going Callum’s zits, but pulsating pustules and food have to be an acknowledged no-no, for both public health and aesthetics). Agree with you Raver about her nose. Her ‘wogs-outta-work’ accent is also kinda cute.

5 red { 03.24.11 at 12:59 pm }

I was kind of disappointed when Melanie and her ginger appendage got the arse. I wanted to hate on her some more. I’ve been missing Kerry and Holly and wishing they hadn’t been such crap cooks. Now we’ve only got Kelly and Ash left to be annoying. Are they up to the task?

6 Chels { 03.24.11 at 1:43 pm }

OMG I missed last night’s ep. I neeeddddddddddd to know what happened, from the ads it looked like a doozy! Can anyone give a quick recap?

7 Reality Raver { 03.24.11 at 2:19 pm }
8 brain dead dave { 03.24.11 at 2:57 pm }

Mel said something about their kitchen being “full of love”. The world doesn’t need another Julie Goodwin wannabe.For mine it was an emotional abuse workshop. James should just bury her in the back yard and get on with life.

“Vile ,overbearing old shrew” is perfect Polly B. Mel is all these things and more…. as Boner pointed out.

Using a confectionery bar to literally “finish” their dessert. Bogans.

9 Chels { 03.24.11 at 2:59 pm }

Thanks RR!

10 sourkraut { 03.24.11 at 3:16 pm }

Isn’t it amazing how the people running tv (and the movies) can so easily paint a person as a villainous cad by just selecting bad snippets here and there and just cobbling them together for the morons and bogans to have someone to hate!

11 brain dead dave { 03.24.11 at 3:32 pm }

You mean how the people running TV cobbled together Chris B’s bankruptcies,Sourkraut?

12 Jasmin { 03.24.11 at 3:49 pm }

Thanks for posting the link, RR.

Red – I think Ash is the male version of Mel – always with snippy and snide comments about everyone else’s food. So in that regard, they will probably be annoying. Having said that, their food is often more of a challenge and they usually try to go beyond just delivering the brief.
Kelly is okay but seems to have a stunned expression most of the time.

13 Littlepetal { 03.24.11 at 5:45 pm }

Funny to hear one of the judges comparing Kane and Lee Chicken rice to the one he ate in Beijing and Pete Evans saying something that it must be good if it is better than the where the dish come from.

I think the Chicken Rice is good (authentic recipe) but this version of the Hainanese Chicken Rice is more a Singapore/Malaysian version. Thus comparing that to the one in Beijing is flawed. Judge doesn’t know what he is talking about !!!!

14 dmc { 03.24.11 at 6:28 pm }

I walked in on my wife watching the show, just to see Manu yelling: ‘We want you to f$%k us!’.

Took me a second to realise he meant focus.

15 davsimp { 03.24.11 at 7:13 pm }

Poor James. From the moment he was parading around with that filthy great fish head to the tune of Mel barking: “Don’t put it near the mushrooms, don’t put it here, don’t put it there, I SAID NOT TO PUT IT NEAR THE MUSHROOMS” the poor bastard never stood a chance.
His crumbled Peppermint Crisp bar went down like a cup of cold sick as well. He could have at least disposed of the wrapper thoughtfully instead of leaving it lying around for the super-snooping eyes of Manu, whose facial expression and tone upon questioning said wrapper, should have given him the heads up that he needed. To quote Karen Martini: “DESSERT FAIL”

16 seepi { 03.24.11 at 9:19 pm }

Actually Mel is onto something – she probably is a fantastic home cook. If I went to someone’s house and they made choc desert with aerobar sprinkled on it I wouldn’t complain.

I admit she had a very annoying little girly voice, but James seemed to lap it up. They seemed happy to me.

Kane and Lee’s main looked boring to me – I’ve never tried it tho I remember it was Po’s dish that lost her the final for being too basic.

17 poisonus { 03.24.11 at 11:07 pm }

I was like “WTF” when iron chef italian said that it was better than the one he had at beijing! The hainanese chicken rice Kane & Lee cooked is actually quite authentic!

I am wondering if Kelly’s stunned mullet look is a result of botox.

18 PollyB { 03.25.11 at 11:49 am }

I think Stefania is very pretty and couldn’t imagine her with a different nose.

19 sourkraut { 03.25.11 at 1:19 pm }

touched a nerve did iI BDD

20 brain dead dave { 03.25.11 at 2:18 pm }

Oh, I feel more cut up than one of Chri$ B’s “entire beasts”!

21 Angie { 03.27.11 at 9:30 am }

I am so relieved sourmel has gone – was there ever a more patronising person? James is just a douche to put up with it. I never noticed Stefania’s nose but we have a look at the next episode. I do find her and Bette Midler (Daniella) entertaining. I thought Kane and Lee’s dish looked great and from what the judges said – wish I could have tried it. Kane is growing on me every episode. Ash for Kelly & Ash – someone please slap Kelly with a cold fish or something to see if she is capable of changing expression. Never thought much of Ash – looks like he is ready to blow – looks like psycho to me. Makes you wonder what the contestants really think. Looking forward to see how they fare in the “outback” – should be some interesting dishes this week!

22 JM { 03.27.11 at 8:22 pm }

Kelly’s serial killer stare freaks me out. What is that about???