The Biggest Loser – Who Do You Want To Win?

I was discussing this tonight on Twitter, about who people wanted to win on this year’s The Biggest Loser. Interesting for such an entertaining series no one had any real strong views on it. One thing came out of it was no one was backing in a Moon or a Duncan.

So that leaves a Westren or Joe or Damien.  I like Damien and think he is getting a very good edit, but also I think Leigh and Lara have worked their guts out. However they will have to plateau soon. So may their mother might pull it off.

Tonight’s episode was about Leigh beating Joe in the best athlete challenge, and then the next 40 minutes was taken up with the immunity challenge. With Sarah Moon deciding to do the memory game for immunity as she said she thought she was vulnerable to elimination .At one stage I thought she was going to be stretched beyond her capabilities on the task.

However after 20 biscuits she won immunity. As she said 2000 calories for an extra two weeks in the competition, it is a no brainer.

Also why isn’t she losing as much weight as fast as some of the others. Some other underlying disorder?

The other issue that crossed my mind tonight is how has Damien’s wife stayed with him. He admits he could not even put his own shoes and socks on. So you can imagine how much help he was around the house and with the kids.

And lets not get into any physical interaction, if you get my drift. He does seem like a nice bloke however his major obesity issue would test the patience of a saint.

Anyway back to the point of the post. Who do you want to win this season of The Biggest Loser? Both individually and team wise.

1 Soni { 03.24.11 at 11:45 pm }

I would like to see Damien win it but its hard when you are that big. He did really well tonight. Lara and Lee shit me. Yes they work their arses off but at their age so they should.

2 Dakota { 03.25.11 at 12:27 am }

Wow, I have to admit when the show started I was digging for the Moons & Duncans, but now its the Duncans & Westrens. Especially now that SJ & Craig have gone I can stomach them. Meg seems like a really nice girl and the Westrens have really grown. I’d probably like Lara to win but as long as its either Meg, Leigh, Lara or Charlene i’d be happy :)

3 Sue { 03.25.11 at 6:43 am }

“I’d probably like Lara to win but as long as its either Meg, Leigh, Lara or Charlene i’d be happy”

Same for me here.

4 brain dead dave { 03.25.11 at 2:40 pm }

Not a chunky Challenor ,please. They’d rather look good than be good…..and they don’t look good. Damien is all guts and no glory.

Folks that park their fat arse three steps from a beer fridge don’t deserve to win anything…. a trip to Tripoli maybe.Not a dumpy Duncan,thanks.

I hope Larda wins.

5 Culinary Boner { 03.25.11 at 2:46 pm }

“As she said 2000 calories for an extra two weeks in the competition, it is a no brainer.” I’d would’ve been just 1000 calories if she had a brain to use. There was no method in her flipping the ’tiles’ over, unless her gut initiated a brain shutdown so it could scoff a few more cookies.

6 davsimp { 03.25.11 at 7:03 pm }

I will give credit where credit is due. They all look pretty damn good for half way through the competition. When it flashes back to how they were at the beginning they have all certainly come a long way.

I would like to see Damo win. I don’t know if this will happen though, as he is still the size of a shed and has a lot further to go than any of the others there.

Agree RR about Damien being of no help at all around the house. He would have been as useful as a one armed wallpaperer.

7 KatInEurope { 03.26.11 at 12:34 am }

Now, I didn’t like the Duncans as a family, because they were a bit Lord of the Flies, but at least they actually *like* each other.
Much as I’d like to see Sarah turn it around, her brain hasn’t made the switch yet and she’s this year’s Cameron.
Would hate Charlene to win although she has a reasonable chance, or would have if she’d shut up. Meg has a huge chance of taking this – she has the weight left, is marketable in my perception change, also much more likable without her family. Blues don’t have the weight apart from Charlene and for marketing, Lara has pissed off too many viewers looking at the boards and FB. Joe’s got a chance of the big prize, Damien is too big.
So Meg plus either white (if Jarrod can turn it around) or blue for the end.
Poor Commando.
I still think that he should put out an interval timer with him shouting at you for the intervals. Would be brilliant, I’d buy it in a flash.

8 seepi { 03.26.11 at 11:14 am }

They really are a sad and unlikeable lot this year.

I think if a whole family is enormous, maybe that does indicate underlying issues…this lot all seem to have them, except the blue family, who are more normal, but dullish and not that likeable …

The challenors make velied references to being messed up by their family, but never explain. I would be interested to see Ma and Pa Challenor.

I am amazed that Joe has a wife, he seems very very dim, and not very likeable in any other way.

Damien seems affable, I would like to see him win I think.

9 PollyB { 03.26.11 at 12:01 pm }

Sarah or Damien or the white team girl. Cannot stand any of the blue team, especially that loud mouth mother, or those 2 other simpering, whining black team girls.
Yes, to a Commando interval timer.

10 brain dead dave { 03.26.11 at 4:24 pm }

Commando clock radio alarm w/interval timer.

Joe trying to do the car puzzle was hilarious. Like a gorilla with a Rubik’s Cube.

11 Littlepetal { 03.26.11 at 4:43 pm }

Don’t like any of them. Never like the Duncans. Sarah can be the biggest loser but she is lazy and is happy when she lost small amount of weight. She think she is doing well but I think she is like Caitlin from earlier episode and will put the weight back on. Exercising is too hard. She keep saying she can do it in her own time……. When is her own time???? When she can get out of bed to exercise.

Of course the blue team irritate lots of viewers with their high and mighty judgement. Such a pity. Lara is a beautiful girl but not well like.

Left the Challenors. Damien have lots of weight to lose but even if he loses 50% of his original weight (which is an excellent effort !!) he is still not slim.

Would like Joe to win just to annoy everyone including the producers but Meg may take it out as she is competitive and also put in the hard yards.

12 davsimp { 03.27.11 at 11:30 pm }

BDD “Joe trying to do the car puzzle was hilarious. Like a gorilla with a Rubik’s Cube” ROFLMAO, you nailed it buddy.

Now the question is, did Joe act as dumb as an ox to allow Lara to get to spend with her mum? She is after all the only contestant with no immediate family on the show. I reckon Leigh piss-farted around with his puzzle to give her a win as well. Yes Lara, we know you wanted to win, you mentioned it at least, oh, SEVEN TIMES.

I’ve changed my mind about the winner. I am backing the Duncan gal now. I like Sarah, she’s a good sport, but she doesn’t have the staying power. Love Damo, but he’s got too far to go. He has lost the weight that equates to one whole person, but unfortunately, he needs to lose the wight of a a whole family before any difference will really be noticed.

13 davsimp { 03.28.11 at 1:06 am }

okay, I posted the above only half way through the show. I have to watch it online as it is not shown in rural WA. I am well pissed off with Sarah and Joe. Joe is a fuckhead for putting his brother in that situation. And I am fucked off with Sarah coz didnt the black team have an alliance/friendship with the red? Guess that has all gone out the window now that it is every lardar$e for themselves (borrowed Brain Dead Dave’s material there)

Joe you are are a prick, fuck you, you have sent Damo to an early grave. And Sarah you silly bitch, you will be next to go.

14 Chris { 03.28.11 at 3:07 am }

You are all wrong, I think it will be a blue. I know they piss a lot of people off, but they are united as a family and that is what it’s all about. They don’t do the bickering of the other families. They work their arse off and just get on with it.
I hope Lara wins, she deserves it.

15 Darryl { 03.28.11 at 9:27 am }

If a male wins, it will be Lee. Female it will be Meg.
Lara has peaked too soon. Charlene shits me

16 Richard { 03.28.11 at 10:08 am }

I couldn’t understand why Sarah would pick Damien to go home (as she had the casting vote). He “needs to be there” whereas Lara could continue her training at home (unlike Damien). I also thought the Moons had an alliance of sorts with the red team. Well, I guess we know she is not the brightest spark in that family already!

17 PollyB { 03.28.11 at 11:06 am }

Joe was soooo trying to hide a smirk when Damo was voted out. What is it with that family?

18 brain dead dave { 03.28.11 at 11:20 am }

I don’t think Joe was really crying ,either. I didn’t see much in the way of actual tears.

19 brain dead dave { 03.28.11 at 11:52 am }

The Challenors will eat anything,including family members.

20 Liana { 03.28.11 at 1:42 pm }

Where is your post about Sunday nights Biggest Loser.

21 Joanie { 03.30.11 at 10:53 pm }

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who thinks that the people who chose the contestants this year got it wrong. We all love to have our favorites and the ones we don’t like, but it’s very difficult this year to feel empathy for any of them. When you can’t barrack for anyone it’s hard to like the show and I certainly haven’t had the interest this year. I also hate all that ” warrior” crap.

22 Ness { 04.11.11 at 5:43 pm }

probs meg, she works so hard. shame to see damo go tho. leigh and lara are great, and leigh is one of my faves, but lara really needs to go home and im glad she did. sharlene probs doesnt have a chance of winning. id like it to be meg but not joe, it should either be meg, leigh, or slim chance of kellie. ill be really happy if leigh wins and not meg though. the duncans should take out biggest losing family.