The Biggest Loser – Damien Unleashes On Brother Joe

Unfortunately I missed The Biggest Loser episode on Sunday night, but by the sounds of it the producers could not have written a better script them selves when Joe wielded the knife on his brother Damien.

After winning a challenge he got an extra kilo loss for when he weighed in, and also an extra one kilo to give away. Instead of giving it to Damien but no he gave it to Rebecca Moon and Damien landed below the yellow line and was eliminated again.

Clearly Christmas in the Challenor household will be tense after that little manoeuvre, unless he wins and splits the cash.

In the TV WEEK Damien hit backs at his brother Joe.

The article states:

Is it hard to get a second chance and still not make it to the end?

Definitely, yeah. It has been a little disappointing – unfortunately the show has brought out the worst in my brother Joe.

How do you feel about Joe now?

He’s still my brother, but as what happens after teh show, I don’t know. I think it’ll take a while for things to get back to normal between us.

Will you be able to forgive him?

I wil be able to forgive, but as far as spending time with him and things like that, I’m not sure whether that’ll happen immediately. Unfortunately, the person who he’s become, or is becoming, I don’t necessarily like.  He’s lost sight of what family is about and of what the whole show is about. He looked beyond what family means and took care of another team. When push comes to shove, I didn’t expect him to do that. It was a shock.

Do you regret taking Joe’s side over nephew Nathaniel’s now?

Yes, I do. In hindsight, I would have made another choice. I thought that I knew what I was getting with Joe, but clearly I didn’t.

What I think was so poor about it was that Damien is one the contestants that really needed to be there. Sure he lost over 65 kgs, but he needs to lose at least another 50. Poor form Joe, and if he wins he will be the most unpopular winner ever.

1 brain dead dave { 03.30.11 at 2:27 pm }

Joe dudded him, it was like shooting whales in a barrell…

2 Liana { 03.30.11 at 2:29 pm }

Hi am disappointed that its taken 3 days for you to write about this Damien/Joe situation as you say you are Australia’s Leading Reality Tv Blog. Just saying….

3 PollyB { 03.30.11 at 2:49 pm }

Oh Liana. I’m thankful we have RR at all. And the contributors here. Well, most contributors.

4 davsimp { 03.30.11 at 2:53 pm }

Joe is a wanker. He started off as a wanker, continued through as a wanker, and will now end as a wanker. He will now be referred to as Wanker Joe. He even voted for his own family to leave when they had to do the “what family do you want to see eliminated?” vote.

Damo is the biggest threat in there and Wanker Joe knows it. However, Damo is an arsehole as well. He forced Nathaniel to go up for elimination along with his brother Wanker Joe, so he doesn’t get much sympathy from me. If Wanker Joe is ever up for elimination he will be gone quicker than a rat up a drain pipe and he knows it.

The moons will be pissing off soon as well. How they have stayed this long is beyond me. Friggin useless the lot of them. Poor Commando, even he can’t manage to turn shit into gold.

5 Izobel2 { 03.30.11 at 3:21 pm }

Couldn’t agree with you more davesimp!!! Well written!
Agree with you too Polly B!
And as for you Liana… you had to wait 3 whole days. You poor thing. Take a look at all the other posts RR has put up. It’s not as if she’s been sippin latte’s somewhere! You could’ve at least written something about the show on this post seeing as you had to wait so long! As I’ve said before, I read this site every day without fail, I’m pretty sure I’m at the addict stage… And I’m certainly not complaining if RR doesn’t put a post up on a particular episode. On a different note, I don’t want Sarah Moon to win. Or Joe. Other than that I’m not really too fussed.

6 davsimp { 03.30.11 at 3:35 pm }

I am thinking Sarah Moon and Wanker Joe have an alliance going on. Why else would she vote Damo out when the red team have bailed Jodie out of the shit so many times before? Reckon Joe confided in her that he wanted Damo out so she is playing along. Watch out Sarah, you will be the next one to be stabbed in the back by Wanker Joe. I hope Michelle gives it to him on tonight’s episode. He has successfully eliminated his whole family, and never once stuck his hairy paw up to go in for elimination himself.

7 Wurstsemmel { 03.30.11 at 3:43 pm }

Lianna, I love the …..’just saying’….that’s so passive-aggressive….I haven’t noticed RR wearing her underpants over her outfit on The Morning Show yet so I’m pretty sure she does not in fact have a Superwoman outfit hidden away anywhere. With the current schedule of reality tv shows, she certainly needs one.

As far as I’m concerned RR is the leading reality tv blog around.

And why?

Because RR paid me huge amounts to say so. Simple as that.

8 slippycaff { 03.30.11 at 4:04 pm }

It’s Damien’s fault for not losing enough weight. Simple as that.

9 Littlepetal { 03.30.11 at 4:08 pm }

Remember Joe has given Damien a 2nd chance by bringing him back. He could have brought back Greg.

Damien has to take some responsibility with his small weight lost. He is a big person and he has never lost less than 5.6kg per week. Could the weight lost been fudged?? Call me cynical.

10 brain dead dave { 03.30.11 at 4:42 pm }

Biggest problem for the crazy Challenors is getting rid of the enormous chips on their shoulders.
They could have their own spin-off series called The Biggest Ar$ehole.

11 smauge { 03.30.11 at 7:03 pm }

I’ve been sticking up for Joe for a while now. He’s made it too hard now. I give up.
As for him being eliminated, I put the blame on Sarah. Her sister was saved by Joe, she should have voted for Lara to return the favour.
Most unpopular winner yet? Surely you forget Chris, who won and about three people cheered. (his family presumebly)

12 Izobel2 { 03.30.11 at 7:23 pm }

Yeah Smauge I remember when Chris won, after being trained secretly by the Commando, and everyone trying to boot him out but not succeeding. I remember about 3 people cheering too!! I noticed how they never brought him back in the All Stars Biggest Losers whatever it was called when Lisa & Sam etc came back.

13 brain dead dave { 03.30.11 at 7:43 pm }

From my memory Chris put a lot of lard back on after the show . Next I saw him on a snake oil weight loss infommercial. I reckon he’d be too fat to be a “legend”. Only Elvis could do that.

14 Emily Jones { 03.30.11 at 9:14 pm }

It’s hilarious really… all of Joe’s mental decisions really make the show a lot better! I’m sure it is completely inadvertent, he is clearly just a douche. But when he freakishly voted for his own family in the “which family do you want gone” vote, it worked out to be exciting contest of everyone against the reds, then Damien came back which was good at the time cos I wanted to see more of the fattest of the gorgeous fatties. THIS time, crazy ol’ Joe didnt give the kilo weight advantage to his brother … if he HAD it would have been Bec against Lara and Lara would have gone which would have been TERRIBLE!!! I love Lara and I want her to WIN. But because of his ridiculous decision which Michelle was rightfully mega pissed about, it was Damien vs Lara and of course they voted out Damien, the biggest of the lot, and Lara got to stay! Hooray!

15 Reality Raver { 03.30.11 at 10:36 pm }

Apologies Liana – I agree but I have unwell, the embarrassing thing was it was self inflicted. I have only been getting my mojo back today. Also I work part-time as this blog produces very little income so unfortunately sometimes the mundanities of modern life gets in the way of my blogging.

Thanks guys for the kind words of support. Farmer Wants A Wife Fans will note I have not touched this series as it has been My Kitchen Rules, and The Biggest Loser on Wed nights.

On tonight’s episode Joe was having some pretending to have some post douche act guilt. Personally I wasn’t buying it.

16 Ness { 04.11.11 at 6:05 pm }

i used to think joe was just a guy on the zhow that seemed to hover in the background but however do reasonally well in challenges/contests, but hes now the biggest arsehole ive ever met. last nite when he gave 1kg advantage to kellie he pushed meg under yellow line. if he had even kept it to himself it would have been kellie facing lara up in elimination and that wouldve been ok cos they are both ready to go home while meg still has to lose. thank god it was lara going home or i wouldve gotten mega f-ing pissed. its just another example of joe trying way too hard to get the moons to like him when they obviously dont. when he said bec was his best friend on the show last week he probs just wanted viewers to think that he too has friends and isnt a loner. hes such a fake, i think its unfair how he always gets immunity

17 Ness { 04.11.11 at 6:09 pm }

and SENDING DAMIEN HOME. if hayley gave him a choice to leave the show immediately and give damien his spot or let rebecca win and he is ensured a spot in the final 4 himself he would take option 2. he has no family sense and would rather waste his time sucking up to the poor moons than really bond with his family. thank god sarah moon hasnt fallen for it yet, shes the only one.

18 smauge { 04.12.11 at 8:51 am }

I have two points to make
1. Not everyone has a family that thinks blood is thicker than water (I don’t).
2. I think something important is getting left on the cutting room floor. So many times I’ve noticed people from other teams having a good relaitionship with Joe but it’s all subtle and in the background. Editors ar definately putting him up as the villain. I know they didn’t make him give Bec the kilo over Damien, but I do understand the logic of why he did it.
I’m sure most of you come from families that stick with each other and siblings are better than best friends and stuff, but I don’t have one of those families. My family is like the Challenors. Maybe that’s why I can see things from Joe’s point of view.
As for Chris. Did you see him on the special last night? The replayed that win last night. I take my original statement back. I think it was only two people who cheered him. Still a wanker.

19 Lisa Clarkson { 04.16.11 at 1:38 pm }

A couple of thoughts.

* I agree with slippycaff, the primary person responsible for Damien going home is Damien. No one else “put him in that position” as he said.

* Everyone is assuming that just because someone is family that you have to favor them above everyone else. Have the Challenors shown you ANYTHING that shows that they have that kind of familial bond? They were giggling when Greg left and Damien was just as cold as Joe when they nominated Nathaniel for the chopping block. They are clearly not a close family, and all of them jump to victimhood, paranoia, and blame when things get tough.

* As for the blues and whites, I have never seen (in any US or AUS Biggest Loser) teams be on the winning side of the elimination vote and be as self-righteous as frequently as they are. They win the vote and then continue to mouth off about how the other teams are morally wrong. Keep it shut.

20 ben { 09.29.11 at 8:36 pm }

Can you guys stop picking on the Challenors,

Yes, I was angry about joe giving his 1kg advatange to bec over damo, but i really love damo & he’s my favourite contestant, so don’t call him an arsehole.

joe might be nasty & mean at times, but he’s still a good person. And i have actually spoken to damo before on facebook & he is a really lovely man, so don’t pay him out :(