Masterchef Australia Season 3 To Premier On 1 May

Good new for Masterchef Australia fans, the third season will be premiering on Sunday the 1st of May. I think we can presume it will be on at 7.30pm on Channel Ten.

It will be going up against the Logies, so it will be interesting to see the ratings.

Now what do we know about Season 3.

1. Donna Hay will have an expanded role as a mentor,

2. Expect to see a lot more of Matt Moran on the show,

3. This year the overseas trip is to Malaysia,

4. There is a food blogger on the show,

5. George Calombaris will mangle english,

6. Matt Preston will ham it up,

7. Gary and George will be much softer on the pretty girls, and

8. 90% of the contestants are hoping to get their own cooking show from their reality TV appearance.

Please feel free to add in what you think will happen this year on the show.

The Masterchef Australia website is also being rehauled.

The blurb says:

– Inspiring recipes to enliven your kitchen, with greater information on food.
– Expert cooking tips to help development your culinary know-how.
– Exclusive online-only videos and photo galleries.
– Promotions and competitions.
– Engagement with fans through both the website and social media.

Additionally, all your favourite sections will be back, bigger, better and more mouth-watering than ever before. Full episodes on Catch-Up TV, web-exclusive interviews, recipes from past seasons and of course the MasterChef Community Forums, where you can engage in dinner conversation with your fellow fanatical foodies.

1 Izobel2 { 03.31.11 at 10:33 pm }

Oh great thanks for the dates RR! Once again I’ll be watching the show quick as I can just so I can read your poster’s comments!
I’m hoping that Season 3 will still have Kate with her mortar & pestle and freaky dance and cheesy grin in the opening credits, just for old times sake!

2 Reality Raver { 03.31.11 at 10:37 pm }

Izobel2 I wonder who this year’s Kate will be

3 JaniceG { 03.31.11 at 10:45 pm }

You left out an obvious one: will Margaret Fulton be on? I hope they don’t use her, myself: if I were Gary or George, I wouldn’t forgive her comments very easily.

4 Reality Raver { 03.31.11 at 11:34 pm }

JaniceG – I suspect those comments were made because she wasn’t on the show….

5 Littlepetal { 04.01.11 at 7:57 am }

Looking forward to Season 3. I remember watching the beginning of Season 2 and my niece laugh when Callum prepared a horribly looking dessert !!!! Couldn’t believe he ended up being in the top 2.

Must do a Biggest Loser for a month and sharpen my cooking skills to try the recipes……… yum, yum.

6 Wurstsemmel { 04.01.11 at 9:06 am }

I think viewing will be down from previous series.

7 Miss Piggy { 04.01.11 at 9:23 am }

Yay…cannot WAIT! You’re MC2 blogs were the highlight of my worklife last year. Bring it on. Wonder who the food blogger is. Do you know?

8 Ellie { 04.01.11 at 9:47 am }

Doubt Margaret Fulton will be on this seSon since she is now the face of Woolworths, not Coles.

9 Culinary Boner { 04.01.11 at 10:43 am }

George? Gary? Pretty girls? Soft???
I don’t ‘effing think so!
Masterchef’s version of the Kray Brothers, George & Gary Wood, are guaranteed to be as hard as teak whilst ‘avin a word in the shell-like of some sassy lassie whose just burnt her custard.

10 Christine's Recipes { 04.01.11 at 11:48 am }

Saw your tweet via Ellie. Can’t wait for the the MasterChef Season 3. Guess who the food blogger on the show would be. Would I know him/her?

11 librarygirl { 04.01.11 at 1:32 pm }

ONLY 90% want their own cooking show?
Maybe the other 10% want their own column in The Age/Womens’s weekly/No idea etc.
What ever happened to those who wanted to run a restaurant?
Hats off to Chris and Julia from season 1 who have actually opened one.

12 sourkraut { 04.01.11 at 1:36 pm }

A useless no talent bum will win on the basis of either politics,personality or prejudice

13 PollyB { 04.01.11 at 3:39 pm }

Read recently Jimmy and Adam are about to open their restaurants.
Not so looking forward to this season. Forever thankful for the IQ especially in regard to this show.
Sourkraut, I agree, it is not a competition where the best cook wins.

14 Pollywaffle { 04.01.11 at 6:04 pm }

Surely it’s time for a contestant with tourettes or a nut allergy to boost the ratings?

15 brain dead dave { 04.01.11 at 6:54 pm }

There’s always the book…this arvo saw Adam Liaw’s “Two Asian Kitchens” in the Post Office. $49.99

Has anyone seen Marion’s sauce yet? I’ve looked for it.

I hope Irmgaard has auditioned again this year.

16 Morgan { 04.02.11 at 9:35 am }

So hyped for this Season. May can’t come fast enough!

As for new changes/ideas for this Season I can’t think of many, they pretty much fixed all what was wrong with Season 1 (like having the contestants decide who got sent home which resulted in some pretty BS eliminations, ie. Josh). Perhaps the dishes could be anonymously tasted to avoid the judges having favouritsm with certain contestants, and perhaps better editing like the contestants getting all a bit of screen time each episode, not just focusing on the fan favourites (Marion, Alvin, Callum) and the not so favourites (Jonathan, Joanne, Aaron).

And I hope Irmgaard does come back this Season as well. Did anyone else find it strange how she was featured so heavily on the sneak peeks and the trailers of S2 yet she was sent home the first day?

17 Pollywaffle { 04.10.11 at 5:06 pm }

What should happen season 3:

1. Limit of 5 kg butter per contestant for whole series
2. Matt Preston confined to a total black wardrobe
3. Siren to go off when the phrase ‘passion for food ‘ is uttered
4. Benny Hill music to accompany the final 10 sec countdown
5. Contestants with fugly baby shots banned
6. George to wear lead boots to cut the bouncing
7. Take the word chef out of the title
8. Less lawyers more bogans

18 Reality Raver { 04.13.11 at 5:32 pm }

Pollywaffle – sorry for my delay in responding I have been down in the trenches fighting Altiyan Child’s fans. I laughed my arse off I think they need to take some of these suggestions on board stat.

19 Marion Grasby Has Made Her Own TV Show | reality ravings { 04.13.11 at 5:38 pm }

[…] here is what we currently know about the show on this post done previously, scroll down the comments there are some hilarious ones like […]

20 Pollywaffle { 04.13.11 at 11:29 pm }

RR like the crossover – why you’ ve created a new dessert …. Altiyan Mess

21 Maz { 04.14.11 at 9:00 am }

Very funny Pollywaffle!

Adding my unwitty two cents worth of what should happen:
Automatic elimination if you cry and/or sob how cooking makes you feel alive.
Most important question-who is laying down the rules for this year’s MC3 drinking game?