Adam Liaw’s Cookbook Is Out

In perfect timing for the start of the new series of Masterchef Australia, last year’s winner of the show, Adam Liaw’s cookbook has been launched.

As he pitched it in the show it is called Two Asian Kitchens, the book is easy Asian recipes to be cooked at home. It is published by Random House with a recommended retail price of $49.95, however it has been spotted in Big W for $29.95.

Season one winner Julie Goodwin had one of the highest selling cookbooks of 2010, and Random House will be hoping for a similar result with this one.

This year on Masterchef they should have a challenge where the contestant’s have to pick a recipe out of either Julie Goodwin’s or Adam’s book and cook it. Now that would be interesting to see which recipes would win. Also would be a wonderful piece of cross promotion.

The Australian food critic John Lethlean reviewed the book and gave it the thumbs up. Ironically John distances himself from the Masterchef Australia juggernaut, but he did appear to be quite happy to appear on the reality TV show Conviction Kitchen. Seriously don’t these restaurant critics realise that to improve their wage negotiations these days they have to show they HAVE been on a reality TV show. I think the only one holding the line is Terry Durack. But then we are yet to see the latest Masterchef season…..

Also Adam will be at Shearer’s Bookstore on Thursday 5 April at 7.15pm. Shearers is in 99 Norton St, Leichhardt and here is an interview with him on Booktopia.

Has anyone bought the book yet? What is it like?

Also here he talks about the book.

1 Marion Grasby Has Own TV Show and Sauce Range. Was She The Real Winner? | reality ravings { 04.03.11 at 9:59 am }

[...] Adam Liaw is not the only one on the Masterchef Australia series to have received a book deal. Viewer’s favourite Marion Grasby  has a book coming out on 1 July with Pan MacMillan. It will about Thai cooking of course. [...]

2 Littlepetal { 04.03.11 at 8:57 pm }

I think I will buy his cookbook but not at $49.95. Will have a look tomorrow

3 davsimp { 04.04.11 at 10:10 pm }

Congrats to Adam for getting his cookbook out there, but at $50.00 I wont be buying it. Give it a few months and it will come down in price. Julie Goodwin’s book was in Target for $10.95 the other day. Going to get me a copy of the My Kitchen Rules cookbook at the newsagency for $12.95, seems like a good deal to me.

4 Littlepetal { 04.06.11 at 5:08 pm }

Haven’t bought the book yet. Waiting for the price to come down but bought 3 other cookbooks instead !!!! Getting ready for MasterChef.

Bought Kitchen by Nigella Lawson, Street Food by David Thompson and Momofuku by David Chang. All 3 for less than $80.

5 Reality Raver { 04.06.11 at 9:15 pm }

Little Petal – you got a bargain.

6 Beck { 04.14.11 at 3:11 pm }

Bought it last week at Big W for under $28 – bargain! I really liked the look of it and the recipe for Dan Dan Beef Rice Bowl got my attention immediately as I love dan dan noodles and make them regularly. I made this and Adam’s recipe was just great. Cannot express how deeply awesome his chilli, garlic & onion oil is either, incredibly versatile and the smell is just to die for. Looking forward to making his tare for yakitori chicken on the weekend…

7 littlepetal { 04.19.11 at 9:20 pm }

Bought the book today from KMart-$27!!! What a bargain. Saw some interesting recipes inside like a cake using black vinegar !!! The cake looked nice in the book but not sure whether it will taste nice. Will try one day.

8 Tess { 04.30.11 at 5:23 pm }

So lucky to be at Costco when Adam was there at his book launch. Got the book for $27.89, got him to sign the book & had a photo with him. How cool is that! Such a lovely & talented guy…good luck, Hope he opens his Sydney restaurant soon!

9 rosane in Brazil { 03.11.12 at 2:41 am }

Hey Adam.
Congratulations for in victory in Masterchef Australia.
I love your way of cook.
Please. I needto do scottish egg recipe.