My Kitchen Rules – Can Kane and Lee Do A Stephen Bradbury And Win?

Oh God I know we like seeing romance blossom on screen, conversely I was feeling very uncomfortable watching Ann-Marie and Nick’s relationship break down tonight. The use of the word babe between them is starting to sound like machine gun fire.

Even Manu Feildel was giving them relationship advice in the judging segment “You must work as a team too, you have to work as one,”.

Tonight there were two challenges the first one was to cook with prawns but in an international way. So no Aussie prawns on the BBQ tonight.

Bella and Sammi did Spanish prawn stuffed tomatoes. Pete said the use of the small prawns was interesting. Which of course made them completely paranoid. However when he gave feedback at judgement time both he and Manu loved the dish.

Bill and Alex – made Vietnamese Hot and Sour Seafood Soup. I thought hot and sour was more a Chinese concept, however I could be wrong.  Pete said it was ambitious to make in 30 minutes, and the criticism about the dish was the lack of depth of flavour in it.

Ann-Marie and Nick made Riesling poached prawns with a Thai Salad. I would have liked to have known what the prawns tasted like as I have never heard of poaching them in wine before.

The judges hammered them for the prawns and the salad saying coriander and mint does not make a thai dish. Ouch.

Daneila and Stefania – made prawn in a curry cashew nut sauce – Pete thought it worked. Manu thought the raita was not great, but over all well done.

Kane and Lee made morrocan prawns and they were cooked perfectly. Can Kane and Lee do a Stephen Bradbury and actually win this season? However I don’t see Sammi and Bella falling face first into the ice at this stage of the competition.

It was no surprise when Ann- Marie and Nick were fast tracked to the elimination cook-off.

The next challenge for the four remaining teams was to take the cuisine they had done previously and make a dish that reflected it. They had one hour.

There was not a lot of drama in this part of the show apart from a potential custard curdling incident with Sammi and Bella.

Bill and Alex made stuffed squid with mango salad – The judges thought the mango and coconut did not go with the dish, but they were happy with the squid.

Sammi and Bella did a spanish style custard dessert. It split the judges, Manu loved it, but Pete thought the alcohol over powers the dish. I think Manu has been on the wagon while filming has been going on so maybe he was just grateful for the alcohol hit.

Stefania and Daniela made Indian style rice pudding. Manu said he was gobsmacked, and “it has all the flavours that India can have.” Stefania wanted to give Manu a hug but thought it would be inappropriate. God lovey just go for it.

Kane and Lee – made Morrocan coffee and dates, with sesame biscuits. Pete thought it was risky, but loved the unique flavour of the coffee. “As a trio on the plate it rocks,” said Manu. They were safe.

Bill and Alex will battling it out to get into next week’s finals. Also it will be interesting to test Little Petal’s theory that the team who wear the white aprons get sent home. Continuing on from that theory if it is true, does it mean the producers put the team they want to go home in the white aprons, so the judges know who to eliminate.

Nick and Ann-Marie will be wearing them so it looks like their heads are on the chopping block.

1 Chris { 04.05.11 at 10:43 pm }

Kane and Lee…. How the heck does Lee know exactly what spices to put in Morrocan Coffee?? Indian I think speaks for itself, but Vietnamese, unless you are Asian I would get it mixed up with Chinese… Spanish, well like Manu said I’m gobsmacked, that without a recipe book to put it all together, they achieve what they do, or is there a book under their benches??? Surely they are not all THAT smart!!!!!!

2 Littlepetal { 04.05.11 at 11:20 pm }

Look like Nick and Ann-Marie are gonski. I really hope they will prove me wrong and I am happy to be wrong!!!!

3 PollyB { 04.06.11 at 8:20 am }

‘Doing a Stephen Bradbury’. Prescisely! Jeez, Stefa and Bette have grown on me, and really surprised.
No wonder Nick and Ann-Maree’s marriage is rocky. She has morphed into Mel’s devil spawn. Yikes! Looking forward to tonight.

4 Clover { 04.06.11 at 8:27 am }

Who the hell is Bette?!

5 Jasmin { 04.06.11 at 8:56 am }

PollyB – The Italian girls have grown on me too, and their dishes last night were innovative and looked great.
Kane and Lee are proving to have a lot up their sleeve, as do Sammi and Bella. It seems that all of those teams work well together and make time to experiment. If AnnMaree and Nick keep bickering I think that will be their downfall.
So long as Bill and Ted go home tonight, I’ll be happy.

6 Wurstsemmel { 04.06.11 at 9:13 am }

Clover, Bette (as in Midler) is the nickname of Daniella.

I am so hoping that Anne-Marie and Nick go tonight. She”s starting to make Mel look like Mother Theresa.

7 sourkraut { 04.06.11 at 9:21 am }

Gave up watching at the half way mark I caint stands it no more i tells ya.
When I saw the WA girls get the curry sauce out of the jar (after the stock debacle yesterday) I just could not bring myself to watch as I knew they would dodge another bullet. HO HUM

8 Carls { 04.06.11 at 9:26 am }

I’m thinking it’ll be Ann Marie and Nick goneski tonight and even if they make it to the finals, I doubt they will win. Weren’t they quoted earlier for saying how much the show nearly broke up their relationship, I’m thinking an extra $100k if they’d won would have helped smooth things over.
Also saw Lee the other night at the Carlton Club in Melbourne serving behind the bar, how long ago was this filmed if they are out and about now?

9 Clover { 04.06.11 at 9:29 am }

Thanks, Wurst!

That micro-managing ‘Babe’ woman has to go. I’m surprised he didn’t clock her over the head with his cucumber grater last night.

10 Littlepetal { 04.06.11 at 10:00 am }

Carl

I think they finished filming ages ago like end of last year or in Jan this year.

11 seepi { 04.06.11 at 10:05 am }

I think it would annoy me too that nick is so relaxed when thy are trying to work within a 30 minute time frame. anyone would get stressed.

12 AngelSN86 { 04.06.11 at 10:56 am }

The only people left that I would be happy with seeing win are Sammy and Bella, and maybe the boys. Anne-Marie and Nick are getting worse in each test, snipping at each other and they don’t communicate. Danielle and Stefania are irritating as hell and Kane and Lee should’ve been gone last week.

13 reality raver { 04.06.11 at 12:14 pm }

Imagine how Kel and Ash are feeling.

14 Link Time – Gwyneth Talks About Her New Cookbook | Luxury { 04.06.11 at 4:42 pm }

[…] Can Kane and Lee actually win My Kitchen Rules? – Reality Ravings […]