My Kitchen Rules – Bill and Alex Gone, The Semi’s Are Unfair

Considering the judges kept on saying the standard was so high with only good teams left, the team who won tonight really just made less mistakes then Bill and Alex.

However, I thought there were some pretty basic mistakes made by both teams.

1. The boys put huge chunks of beetroot into the oven and thought they would cook in 40 minutes. Obviously it was still rock hard;

2. Nick and Ann-Maree not seasoning the tuna;

3. The boys cooking a pork shoulder in the time they had, also cooking celeriac and potato together;

4. Ann- Marie not stirring the rissotto;

5. The boys adding too much sugar to the souffle; and

6. Ann-Marie and Nick thinking a blow torch would cook the egg whites.

7, Tobie gave a 6, Karen Martini gave them a 7, and Guy Grossi gave a 6. Manu and Pete gave them a 6.

The boys tanked, all the judges gave them a four. I thought  Tobie Puttock teared up as he was giving the boys the score. Seriously harden up.  Pete Evans was so scathing of the pork dish that he said he would not have served it. It nearly looked as bad as the raw lamb Kel and Ash dished up.

The boys were eliminated.

I thought the set up for the semi final’s was really unfair. There is going to be  two separate ones, and who went head to head was decided by the pull of the knife. Of course Kane and Lee were stoked when they found out they were head to head with Ann-Marie and Nick. Whereas Stefania and Daniela will go against Bella and Sammi.

I thought there would have been challenges where one was eliminated Monday and another Tuesday, so I am a bit disappointed. What dod y

1 Littlepetal { 04.06.11 at 9:59 pm }

Happy that my white apron theory didn’t work tonight. I think the final will be Kane and Lee against Daniella and Stefania.

2 scott { 04.06.11 at 10:11 pm }

aww their gonr

3 seepi { 04.06.11 at 10:13 pm }

I think Ann-Marie learned to cook risotto from George C, who told us all to shake the pan around, not stir, as it makes the rice stick together. – Me I like nice sticky risotto.

4 Reality Raver { 04.06.11 at 10:21 pm }

Little Petal – I am a bit disappointed the white apron theory didn’t pan out. I think it will be Bella and Sammi against Kane and Lee.

Scott – It is a bit disappointing.

Seepi – Well MKR is a bit like Masterchef…

5 Kaylen { 04.06.11 at 10:43 pm }

Bill is awesome and all (mainly to look at, tbh), but after their performance tonight, even I wanted them gone. :(

I was so sad! Disappointed, too.

Poor Bill. Don’t worry; come here and I’ll look after you. ^_^!

Re: semi-finals. Agreed that the way you mentioned would be… a better way. But. *shrugs* eh. Kane & Lee, Sammy & Bella I think will be in the finals.

Shame, ’cause I like the two Italians. 😛

6 smauge { 04.07.11 at 7:36 am }

I haven’t watch it yet but after reading this I don’t think I can. Watching the boys get 4 all round will be too hard.
I might watch the wrap up just to see them in the pilot uniforms again. That was hotter than Manu’s accent.

7 sourkraut { 04.07.11 at 8:41 am }

Agree the semi final draw was unfair. The two teams I dislike most (NSW bimbos and WA bumbos) will thus have at least one finalist. I still think over the length of the competition on averaging obvious bottch-ups vs spectacular failures the WA gurls should have been gone long ago. As to the beetroot soup mushy packeted frozen peas mob the less said about the obvious bias towards them the better!
At least I was Wrrr…g (cant say the word) about the rigging of stud and dud for the final. I guess the jedges just could not justify them after a long line of farque ups wherein they should have gone much earlier.
Happy to see the SA couple go through and hope their marriage was not ruined by this shit show.
The ones i feel really sorry for are the other Vic couple who actually seemed to have a vague modicum of cooking ability and should have been in the final on overall performances.
Pity the format does not allow the last 4 to be determined on the total scores throughout the whole comp… but cant have that,,, then the best cooks might actually win
I hope the winner comes from SA or VIC

8 sourkraut { 04.07.11 at 8:57 am }

Raver
re the seasoning of the tuna you and the jedges are wrong (got it that time) IMNSHO. Having been taught that salt is BAAAAAAAdd for us I was taught to let people add salt to their meals by themselves at the table TO THEIR OWN TASTE.
Anyway, if the flavour of something needs to be disguised by salt its hardly worth eating. I would have picked on the raw nature of 90% of the tuna they plated though!

9 AngelSN86 { 04.07.11 at 9:44 am }

TBH, if you think back through the whole series, pretty much every team in the finals has had major botch-ups at some stage. The calibre of cooking overall doesn’t seem to be as high as the year before (not that I can remember who won last year, lol). Probably partly because we’re seeing more of it so there’s more chance for stuff-ups. But Kane and Lee should’ve been gone last week or actually they should’ve gone as soon as they failed miserably in the home restaurant rounds. Anne-Marie and Nick really should’ve gone this week. They were just lucky that the boys stuffed up more than they did. Their score wouldn’t save them most weeks.

10 PollyB { 04.07.11 at 10:44 am }

I couldn’t help but notice Manu looked devo when he was saying good-bye to Bill. They would have been fun and I’m disappointed to see the boys gone, but they were woeful last night.
For me, hopefully Nick & Ann-Maree get knocked out, and I’ve never been able to take to Sammi, I think, the dark-haired one. That leaves Vic & WA for me.
As for Ash & Kelly – they should have been in the first cook-off against Kane and Lee due to raw lamb, but that would have guaranteed a Vic being the first to leave, and a whole other competition. Obviously not what the producers wanted.

11 Chels { 04.07.11 at 11:36 am }

By the by, I ate at Shadi & Veronica’s cafe, Ave Cucina for breakfast recently and it really was great. I can’t imagine any of the teams from this year actually opening up a cafe or having any fantastic cooking ability

12 Reality Raver { 04.07.11 at 12:12 pm }

Kaylen – you should like Alex more as he is the one that is actually single.

Smauge – I see pilot uniforms making a big comeback.

Sourkraut – I have to disagree I think the best cooks left are the NSW girls. This is where we disagree I love my tuna raw.

AngelSN – certainly wasn’t a win for cooking last night

PollyB – oh uyes I noticed all the judges looking a bit crestfallen

Chels – that is good new that Shadi and Veronica’s cafe is yummy.

13 PollyB { 04.07.11 at 12:21 pm }

Live blog with Manu now! Herald Sun.

14 Culinary Boner { 04.07.11 at 12:41 pm }

Last night’s food looked like total shite. I pity the guest judges having to put any of that near their mouths. They all looked like they needed either a cuddle or counselling after having to endure that.

15 sourkraut { 04.07.11 at 1:11 pm }

About the only botch (and this and only this led to their crucifixion) made by the other Vic couple was the raw lamb, but what do you expect when all the modern foodie clowns rave on about how wonderful raw meat is! (see masterfarce for example). (NOTE even cannibals boil meat in a pot (according to the great god hollywood)) On the whole the Vic couples dishes looked far more attractive than much of the muck served up by WA who should have been gone much earlier. (Agreed to by many earlier commentators on this site)

16 Wurstsemmel { 04.07.11 at 3:06 pm }

No way could the boys stay after what they served up. Such a disappointment, I wanted Anne-Marie gone. Hope he had a good set of ear plugs because I cNan imagine that there was a never ending tirade of ‘BABE, I told you to season the tuna, BABE’. She might have said it’s alright in front of the judges but I’m betting there was hell to pay later on.

None of it looked particularly appetizing.

He may have the Jamie seal of approval but I can’t stand Toby Buttock. Or that bond woman whoever she was?

I’m loving Guy Grossi though not in the Manu sense.

17 Littlepetal { 04.07.11 at 3:53 pm }

Who is the bond woman???

I read in another post that the producers realised we have picked up the theory with the white aprons that they used ‘chrome key’ to change the colour of the aprons. I am not too sure here.

I think they really want the boys to win but they didn’t do themselves any favours by cooking badly tonight and it would has been too obvious to let them win.

18 Reality Raver { 04.07.11 at 3:56 pm }

Wursts – agree Guy is definitely one of the wittier ones at the table. Underwhelmed as well by Tobie’s TV presence.

Polly B – did you ask any questions? Were you the one to ask him out
on a date? LOL

Sourkraut – i think a lot of people are surprised that the WA team are still there.

Culinary Boner – the boys main was an embarrassment

19 Wurstsemmel { 04.07.11 at 4:28 pm }

Little petal….the errors of autocorrection….should have read blonde woman… Who was she?

20 davsimp { 04.07.11 at 6:21 pm }

To be honest, the boys were lucky to stay in as long as they did. They peaked too early and I think it was all downhill for them since the wannabe John Travolta gig.

My predictions are:
Sammy and Bella will beat the Italian Mummas,
Kane and Leigh will beat babe and babette,
Sammy and Bella will beat Kane and Leigh in the finals.

21 davsimp { 04.07.11 at 6:25 pm }

Littlepetal, too true. If the boys had have won then the rigged judging would have stood out like a dogs bollocks.

VERY interesting post about ‘chrome key’ , and perfectly timed too after the barrage of suspicions mentioned to Manu and on the #MKR twitter site.

22 ann { 04.07.11 at 6:57 pm }

Bill i love you so sad to see you both go.. you were both the most entertaining to watch so far.. Hope Sammy and Bella win…

23 Sarah { 04.07.11 at 7:05 pm }

Bill is a sexy beast!!! i will miss them :(

24 Sourkraut { 04.07.11 at 7:41 pm }

Pretty obvious from the above why stud and dud were deliberately kept in so long despite their 95% kitchen ineptitude
LMAO

25 Littlepetal { 04.07.11 at 11:28 pm }

Blonde woman is Liz Egan. She is the chef of Italian restaurant called Becco in Melbourne (1 hat restaurant)

26 Wurstsemmel { 04.08.11 at 9:02 am }

Ah, thanks, Littlepetal.

27 PollyB { 04.08.11 at 10:04 am }

RR let me assure you, a disillusioned bogan I am not! LOL. Manu is a hottie but throwing oneself at a ‘celeb’? Mmm, best left to the aforementioned morons.

28 Reality Raver { 04.08.11 at 10:17 am }

Polly B – I was being tongue in cheek, I can tell you are one quality chick by your insightful comments on this blog. I just find it interesting that they would think Manu will go yes I will date you – at least send a pic…

29 PollyB { 04.08.11 at 4:01 pm }

Oh, RR, I know, I know. Gosh, apologies for sounding too serious. I’m known for being as subtle as a brick, don’t mean to be so abrupt. All good. :-)

30 smauge { 04.09.11 at 2:57 pm }

Calm down you two or I’ll throw you into a cave full of Altiyan fans.

31 PollyB { 04.09.11 at 7:58 pm }

Smauge, please have mercy, anything, but not that! This site is full of witty, intelligent posters, we(!) have been invaded by those… whatever they are. Incomprehensible.

32 Reality Raver { 04.09.11 at 8:58 pm }

PollyB and Smauge – Yes save me Jesus – or should I say Save Me Altiyan

33 smauge { 04.09.11 at 9:32 pm }

Altiyan, Jesus – same same..

34 Sourkraut { 04.11.11 at 1:14 pm }

WTF is an altiyan? A Jesus he/she/it is not!