Is Manu Feildel Sponsored By Lindt Chocolate?

Manu Feildel is either sponsored by Lindt chocolate or wanting to be if his live chat on the Daily Telegraph site is anything to go by.

The My Kitchen Rules judge, knows squarely where his fan demographic is, and he played up to the lascivious women that were peppering him with questions.

But he did cover one theme a couple of times and this was chocolate.

When asked if you were a food what would you be and why by Katie, he said “chocolate so I can melt it all over your body” half of the housewives reading online went off and jumped in a cold shower at this point.

However when he mentioned the chocolate and body painting thing again I was thinking is he looking for sponsorship from Lindt, and then bingo further down he states his favourite chocolate is Lindt.

Which confirmed my theory he was either is sponsored, wants to be sponsored by them, or is shagging their marketing manager. All I can say is if you are using the Lindt chilli chocolate it might be an idea to keep it above the hips….

In other news in his chat he did say he will win Dancing With The Stars. This blog will be barracking for him along with the delicious Brynne Edelsten.

Go read the whole transcript where he delicately deflects his amorous and hopeful fans.

1 Culinary Boner { 04.07.11 at 4:17 pm }

“He also said the worse dish he ate this season was Nick and Ann-Marie’s chocolate risotto balls.”

I can hear Cartman clearing his throat now for a gag about Chef’s big black salty balls.

2 Wurstsemmel { 04.07.11 at 4:25 pm }

Blimey. All those women propositioning him….and the odd gay comment too. I saw that on a previous online chat with him.

Without the visuals, he comes across plain arrogant but I’m guessing his comments are largely tongue in cheek.

3 Wurstsemmel { 04.07.11 at 4:31 pm }

PS I think you may be right about the Lindt, RR, he certainly was plugging the book non-stop.

4 Reality Raver { 04.07.11 at 5:17 pm }

Wursts – why else would you put yourself through that online sexual harassment if you were not plugging something.

5 davsimp { 04.07.11 at 5:27 pm }

PMSL @ online sexual harassment. Manu was loving it! One of his questions was whether he thought the ratings would drop now that studly Bill had left the show and he replied, “No because I am still here!”
I thought Manu’s answers were a crack up!! He used this barrage of questions to give his new book quite a few plugs as well, ie,
when asked how to make a good hollandaise sauce, his reply was: “Buy my book it’s in there!”

6 Jasmin { 04.07.11 at 5:41 pm }

I just bought his book as a gift for a friend who has a huge Manu crush. It looks great. I didn’t get a chance to see if he specifies Lindt chocolate to use in the desserts though…

7 Mia { 04.07.11 at 6:04 pm }

Awww, BUGGER! I missed the live chat! *pouts*

I love Manu’s sense of humour (well, there’s nothing not to love about him, is there?)

8 Sourkraut { 04.07.11 at 7:29 pm }

Boner
you beat me to that one by 3.5 hours! Do you think his book might have contained a recipe for cheesey poofs?
As to plugging and lascivious females…… the mind boggles.
One word …Lithium!

9 Culinary Boner { 04.08.11 at 1:27 pm }

Sourkraut, I’d forgotten about Cheesey Poofs.
The way Manu would pronounce these I’ll pay a contestant on the next series to prepare these. Mind you, I’m only prepared to stump up 20 bucks. Just like a “Fwee Bwian” set-up, we’ll have Manu looking down the menu to comment “Pete, I ‘ave never ‘ad a Cheeesey Poof, ‘ave you?”
I won’t comment too much on the women getting their loins in a lather over Manu ‘cept to note that if blokes behaved the same way on an online forum the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Tribunal would be called in and the newspapers next day would have to endure an Eva Cox article about it.

10 Injera { 04.10.11 at 6:11 pm }

“All I can say is if you are using the Lindt chilli chocolate it might be an idea to keep it above the hips….”

Gold! ROFLWSST (Bill Bailey’s proposed acronym from the Graham Norton Show)