Matt Moran Portrait Winners Packers Prize In The Archibald

The Packing Room prize winner ... Vincent Fantauzzo's portrait of his friend, celebrity chef Matt Moran.

It is not often that art and reality TV collide, unless it is a series hosted by Sarah-Jessica Parker, however today Masterchef Australia judge Matt Moran’s portrait won the Packing Room Prize in the Archibald.

The portrait was painted by Vincent Fantauzzo.

I will leave it to you guys to crack the meat and pork jokes.

Source: News.com.au

1 Culinary Boner { 04.08.11 at 2:13 pm }

Avert your eyes!!
Matt’s about to administer a boning no one would like.

2 Wurstsemmel { 04.08.11 at 2:17 pm }

Can’t see the image, RR, but checked the link.

That’s awful. He looksmore like Donald Pleasance and the whole thing is creepy. Look like a bad poster for some slasher movie.

3 Culinary Boner { 04.08.11 at 4:23 pm }

Wurstsemmel, he’s always looked like Donald Pleasance to me anyway.

Such a sadly under-rated actor. Who can forget his weasle-eyed performance in Fantastic Voyage (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060397/).

Hell, he would have stolen the show were it not for that scene were the white corpuscles attack the voluptuous form of Rachel Welch (wearing the tightest fitting white plastic jumpsuit available to science in 1966). How many matinees did I sit through in which wished I too could be shrunk down to the size of an ameoba so I could help the valiant male members of the crew wrench them suckers off Rachel. *Sigh*

Matt the Slasher…I’m pretty sure that’s what the sheep at his family property used to call him.

4 Wurstsemmel { 04.08.11 at 5:10 pm }

Well, see, CB, they chose the wrong body. If they’d chosen Matt Preston, you’d have been in with a chance, shrinkage or not shrinkage.

5 Culinary Boner { 04.08.11 at 6:10 pm }

I like the concept Wurstsemmel. I can also see the crew embarking on a new mission.
Channel 10’s lead surgeon (really just an actor): “Seems years of foie gras, pork belly and truffles have taken their toll. This needs special measures to remove the blockage. Crew, are you all prepared to be shrunk to the size of football so we can travel up the lower intestine in this submarine and conduct delicate laser surgery to get things moving again?…Crew? Hey, will you all stop throwing up and answer me?”

6 Wurstsemmel { 04.08.11 at 6:47 pm }

Good thinking but one catch. Rachel’s assets may no longer be what they were or even, indeed, where they were.