The Morning Show – Epic Reality TV Moments

Here is the story I did on The Morning Show on 7 today, it was discussing reality TV’s epic moments. The story was based on Times 32 Memorable TV moments, I was surprised the Sarah Murdoch announcing the wrong winner on last year’s Australia’s Next Top Model did not make the list.

1 Wurstsemmel { 04.12.11 at 8:53 pm }

Not seeing the video :(

2 Helen (grabyourfork) { 04.12.11 at 8:54 pm }

Nicely done. I can’t imagine anything freakier than live tv!

3 brain dead dave { 04.13.11 at 1:19 am }

Saw this this morning.Well done,RR.

I really think the turkey slap should have featured.

4 Injera { 04.13.11 at 7:25 am }

Great job, RR! Glad to see Tyty bringing it in one of the clips. My only reservation about the Susan Boyle clip is that it nearly makes me forget what a prat Piers is…

5 Reality Raver { 04.13.11 at 8:42 am }

Thanks guys.

BDD – I am going to do a blog post on epic moments in Australian reality TV. BUt it is in my blog post article queue at the moment.
But then you may just see the article in next weekends papers now….

6 Culinary Boner { 04.14.11 at 2:23 pm }

Hey Raver. Now that I’ve finished flirting with PollyB and my cult concept appears to going pear shaped, thought I better gratuitously share the attention around (riskin’ a slap down, of course). Nice job and looking good in this interview. Agree with BDD that the Turkey Slap (and the Dancin’ Dooner) deserved mentions. In fact any RT moment that got politicians going should’ve been covered. I loved The Osbournes but, presuming I heard to right, I disagree that about this not being as staged managed as more contemporary stuff. Sharon Osbourne’s a renowned puppet master and – while the producers may not have been as interventionist as they are nowadays – she would have subtly ‘manufactured’ a lot of what was going on. In fact, were it not for Ozzie’s befuddled (but wise) brain and comments the show would have sunk. For a guy previously carried by the music talents of the great Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, it was good to see him find a niche in which he was the star – coming out with inspired verbal and visual bullshit. The sort of stuff MTV has never been able to replicate, no matter how much alcohol they make available on set. Here’s one of my favorite Ozzie quotes in which a nails the solution to their dog behaviour problem: “You don’t need to hire a dog therapist, you just need to wake up at 7 am and open the fucking door!”