Survivor – Redemption Island

“Phillip is the most unaware person I know,” said Boston Rob. Phillip was not happy with Rob because he saw him in the previous episode hide an immunity idol clue.

Phillip  is not playing the social game very well. He is just not coping with not being the alpha male. He wants the respect Boston Rob gets, but he does nothing to gain it. So said he should the respect because he is the oldest tribe member.

Rob is starting to feel threatened as he thinks Phillip will flip at the merge, and you just know Phillip is looking to make a big move. If he is actually capable of it is another story. Also he doesn’t seem real bright or strong he was the weak link in the immunity challenge.

Zapatera lost the first immunity challenge and it was a toss up between whether to flick Sarita for being weak in challenges, or David because of personality issues. In the end Sarita was eliminated.

Matt won Redemption Island again and he was jetted back into the game as the merge had occurred.  Boston Rob knows he has a huge target on his back form many people.

I loved the way he got the merged tribe to name it Morolena as they thought it was a spanish word movement of water, but it was a made up word.

Once the tribe merged things got interesting. Matt was the swinging vote, with Mike trying to get him and Andrea across by promising to take them to top four. In the end Rob’s alliance wanted to vote Matt out, but the other alliance thought they were gunning for Mike so Ralph gave him the idol, and Matt was blindsided and was bounced back to Redemption Island.

I thought the Redemption Island thing was a one off re-entry into the game, but like the immunity idols it looks like it is a continuing thing throughout the game. I am not sure what I think about that. I also thought it was confident of Rob not to play the idol. However he knows when he does play it he will lose the trust of his alliance as they don’t know he has it.

Jeff Probst’s blog for episode seven and eight are here. We have also caught up with the US, so from next week it will be single episodes only.

1 Darryl { 04.13.11 at 1:51 pm }

Big fan of Survivor and Redemption Island is a good feature. Poor Matt, god isn’t going to save him here. Idea for new season. FBI Phillip vs Coach. Now that would be classic

Can see Rob getting blindsided at about top 6. He will get too cocky and not play his idol

2 akris { 04.13.11 at 5:57 pm }

Most frustrating thing about this season so far is Ometepe just relying on Rob to make all their decisions.. they’re all under his thumb.. even Phillip is now. Although I wanted Matt to stay, he just didn’t think very smart.. and I’m kinda glad Andrea blind sided him too.. She’s probably the only smart chick in Ometepe.. only because she realised that Matt was going to be her undoing.

Haven’t gotten into survivor too much the last few seasons.. but been very interested in this one.

3 Cherkin { 04.13.11 at 9:08 pm }

I’ve been enjoying this season as well.
I really hope Matt goes soon. I can’t stand his constant blathering on about God.
Philip is very entertaining, but hasn’t quite reached Coach’s legend status yet.

4 PollyB { 04.13.11 at 10:03 pm }

akris – yes very frustrating. Wouldn’t you want to get Rob off asap? He has played so many times, these dopes know what he is like, and still they don’t get it. His time can’t come soon enough for me, the arrogance is nauseating.

5 akris { 04.13.11 at 11:43 pm }

@PollyB: If only Zapatera had outnumbered them, then they would’ve kicked out ROb first for sure.. although then Rob wouldn’t have voted out Matt.. I don’t see how they would ever end up blindsiding him unfortunately… Ometepe is a bunch of brainless pretties.. with the exception of Phil.. he’s just.. random.. Noone so far has really talked strategy because they haven’t really done any of it other than follow Rob. Ugh! so frustrating!

6 sourkraut { 04.15.11 at 1:29 pm }

Merged tribe should have been called “mororlessa”… Spanish for MEDIOCRE!
Raver, you talk of the respect Snotblob gets HA, by backstabbing everyone in the sleaziest way possible. Yep That’s really admirable and a good lesson for GenY.
PollyB and Akris, Thank you Thank you Thank you. I thought I was the only person in the world who didn’t orgasmically adore snotblob

7 akris { 04.15.11 at 1:31 pm }

Unfortunately i think snotblob (where did u even come up with that?) is going to rule for this season unless someone from the ometepe tribe smartens up!

8 Reality Raver { 04.15.11 at 1:42 pm }

Sourkraut – it is Survivor you have to backstab at some point unless you are your darling blond Natalie who just aligned with someone who was prepared to do it for her….

Akris – I don’t I think the tribe will be turning on him sooner rather than later, my prediction is he will be gone in the next 2-3 eps unfortunately. I hope they keep Phillip around as he is great tv. In fact if Phillip hangs in there for the next 4 episodes he will go to the top 3 as that is the person I would want sitting beside me at the final council

9 Reality Raver { 04.15.11 at 1:56 pm }

Cherkin – I am getting sick of Matt’s dominance on Redemption Island I would like to see it changing over a bit. Boston Rob is stuffed he gets propelled back in.

Darryl – Oh yes Coach v special agent Phillip – they need to start casting that now.
Polly B – Agree I would be targeting Rob. However he does help win challenges but now it is down to individual immunity I think his time is over.

10 PollyB { 04.15.11 at 2:50 pm }

Yes, it heartens me to hear snotblob (Luv it) is not universally adored!
I’ve only watched this and the last 2 survivors in full I think, but saw that proposal and snotblob made my skin crawl. E-eeew. I could never survive on Survivor, couldn’t play the ‘social game’, ie I’m a straight shooter and would be shooted straight outta there. They cast more followers than leaders, should be more alpha’s to mix things up.
I hope he goes soon. However, when he brings out the idol will he manipulate them to crawl back into their shells again? I reckon, yes!
One more thing, while I’m on one, his accent. Aaaaargh, dumb-fark wise guy wannabe.

11 Sourkraut { 04.16.11 at 2:26 pm }

Raver
woudlnt you love to see my darling blonde Natalie hitched to snotblobs coattail? and then beat him in the final Mwah hah ha
Actually that would remove what little faith i have left in humanity.

12 Howard { 04.20.11 at 4:43 pm }

Don’t get too excited Channel 9 have pulled the show without warning. Watch or download the episodes by other means.