Bella and Sammy Win My Kitchen Rules

In not surprising news Bella and Sammy won the second season of My Kitchen Rules. They have been the stand out team throughout, and Kane and Lee just did not have the finesse to challenge them.

It was a bit like the Masterchef Australia final last year you just knew Adam Liaw would win.

The Daily Telegraph has a run down of the win, and their five course meal sounds delicious. Hopefully I will catch up on the episode today.

Sammy says she wants to be a food stylist, I am not sure what Bella’s plans are. However you could ask them yourself as they will be live blogging on the Daily Telegraph at Midday.

UPDATE: The finale hit a ratings peak of 2.02 million.

1 Jasmin { 04.14.11 at 11:43 am }

RR Hope the MC launch was good! :) The girls did a great job.
At Taste Festival Bella working for Barilla.

2 seepi { 04.14.11 at 1:12 pm }

Kane also said that his motivation in going on the show was to get Lee out of retail and into working with food, so I hope she does that.

Seeing the families was quite fascinating too.

3 seepi { 04.14.11 at 1:16 pm }

Oh – and the other contestants were overwhelmingly positive about all the food. ‘All the flavours are there’ seems to be the phrase du jour.

ButMel did manage to slag off the girls’ risotto as nothing more than sloppy rice on a bowl.

4 sourkraut { 04.14.11 at 2:13 pm }

Missed most of the final, thanks be to crap.
Absolutely agree with the comments made by Rob and Torn on the “MKR Open Post”
At least I wont have to put up with that condescending superior smurk any more.
Finally, I have prepared ceviche (a Mexican dish) many times, and it certainly requires more than 30 minutes of marinading in lime juice otherwise the inside stays raw, but I guess to the modern foodie that is still toe curlingly orgasmic, but lets not get a little detail like that to change the end result.
BAH!
Mel was probably right about the bloody overused risotto FFS.
ADVICE TO FUTURE COMPETITORS!
Make sure you get your mates and anyone else you can find to write glowing reports about wotever you do, Farque ups or not to every web site covering the show, but especially the official one, and also twotter, sorry twitter for twits. LOGIC. Its not a cooking contesty, its a popularity contest

5 Culinary Boner { 04.14.11 at 3:44 pm }

Thankfully the most deserving team won. I liked the fact the girls are hard on themselves in terms of choosing dishes of considerable difficulty and applying the necessary attention to details. That said, Kane and Lee finally cranked it up too. Pity the show dragged on though. It was only really made watchable by fast forwarding some of the dull, superfluous ‘dramatic’ bits. Someone needs to tell the producers not to fear IQ and other recording options. If I’d been watching it live, I would have turned it off.

6 Clover { 04.14.11 at 4:54 pm }

I adored Kane and Lee and really wanted them to win, but I suppose it is fair(ish) the Boring Sisters won. Almost as glad to get the moaning mugs of Uptight Sister and Zombie Sister off my screen as I was to get the Babe-o-matic pair off.

Looking forward to MasterCrap!

7 PollyB { 04.14.11 at 6:02 pm }

I think it was on Pete’s blog I read the final was filmed over 2 days.
Agree, CB, re watchable due to ffwd. I IQ just about everything I watch and ffwd the superfluous drivel.

8 sourkraut { 04.15.11 at 1:20 pm }

Someone mentioned somewhere that the reason whatzername broke down was because they changed their menu 5 minutes b4 the cook-off started. IF this is true YTF would they do that????????????? No logic at all. They would have been gearing up to do their original choice of menu. Makes a cynic wonder what happened. I can only conclude (even more strongly than B4) that the whole shows outcome was as dodgily contrived as in Mastercrap

9 Sourkraut { 04.16.11 at 2:21 pm }

Raver
no explanation for my comment above. I’m disappointed! I thought you loved a conspiracy theory, or is this one just too obvious?

10 Reality Raver { 04.16.11 at 2:40 pm }

Sourkraut – I just ate raw fish BTW it is very nice. Agree with you totally both shows are somewhat contrived. I think with MKR the filming is just about completed before it is screened.

11 Sourkraut { 04.17.11 at 2:15 pm }

Raver
My sympathies re the raw fish!
I’d still love to know why they changed their intended menu at the last moment. Any chance of your investigative talents finding out the OFFICIAL reason?