Terry Biviano To Star In WAG Nation But Says She Is No WAG – Please Explain

So when is a WAG not a WAG? Well according to Terry Biviano in today’s social pages in the SMH she claims she is not one.

Well can someone tell the producers of the reality show WAG Nation in which she is starring. WAG Nation is a reality tv show that is currently in production about none other than Wags. Yes that would be wives and girlfriends of sports stars.

Terry Biviano is the fiancee of Roosters rugby league player Anthony Minichello, and has signed on for the show. So I am confused about why she thinks she is not a WAG.

IN the SMH gossip pages she told Lizzy Lovette:

“I am not a WAG.”

“Society attaches so many negative connotations to that label,” she says. “We instantly imagin someone who only cares about their looks … and who hasn’t worked a day in their lives. This is not the truth.”

After initially turning down the series, she finally signed on with a mission in mind: “To put an end to the stereotype and set the record straight.”

Funny I thought she had gone on the show to promote herself and her shoe range.

The show is a 10 part reality series which will follow the lives of the WAG’s. Let us hope the producers have learnt some lessons from Park St and will ensure there is some plot lines and drama.

Previous post on the WAG cast here.

1 Scott { 04.17.11 at 7:11 pm }

Sigh… I remember the good old days when they were just called groupies…

2 Gillian { 04.17.11 at 7:41 pm }

She was also ‘co-writing’ a book about what it is like to be a ‘wag’ – http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/wags-to-dish-dirt-on-footballers/story-e6frfmqr-1111117075893 I’m not sure what ever happened to that. If she claims not to be a wag, she’s certainly milking it for all it’s worth.

She was first known for her talent as a shoemaker so there is no reason for her to be in her boyfriend’s shadow. I’d rather hear more about her business than her footballer boyfriend which doesn’t interest me at all.

I’m not denying that there are a lot of women who have sportsmen as boyfriend who are talented in their own right but some of them do use their boyfriends as a platform to launch or further their own careers. It’s a shame because they really don’t need to do this.

3 Reality Raver { 04.17.11 at 8:21 pm }

Scott – LOL or Footy chicks

Gillian – I think one of the problems this show might have is getting interesting story lines. If it is just following them around shopping it is going to be dull. It is a pity they didn’t cast Charmaine Palavi now she would have been great reality TV. I suspect this lot will be very careful on how they present themselves.

4 Gillian { 04.17.11 at 8:49 pm }

I certainly won’t be watching it!

5 brain dead dave { 04.17.11 at 10:17 pm }

I hope it’s honest and goes into what the WAGS spend most of their time doing…cleaning up their boyfriends turds,vomit and beer spills.

6 Culinary Boner { 04.18.11 at 10:27 am }

She’s not a WAG, she’s a succubus judging by Minichello’s inept performances on the footy field this year.

7 Culinary Boner { 04.19.11 at 3:06 pm }

This show should be canned for a Springer-esque version that I have tentatively titled “Bashed and Abused WAGS”. Someone give Paulini a call to host this. Risking a Downer-esque ‘things that batter’ backlash here, but the voiceover has to surely say “fists will fly”. Don’t you just love overpaid sports-apes and their dumb female companions.