The Biggest Loser – It Is Like The Episodes Are On Slow-Mo

I have been a bit lackadaisical with my Biggest Loser viewing and blogging the last few weeks, but now we are down to the last five contestants it is difficult for them to fill the hour episode.

It is all back flashes and the usual spouting about how far they have come on their journey.

I was almost catatonic after the Sydney to Hobart episode.

I am presuming the final must be in two weeks, well I hope for poor Leigh’s sake it is as he will be anorexic by then. He is currently 80 kgs.

Joe must be the front runner to win this series, unless Sarah Moon can dump some large numbers in the next few weeks, but somehow I doubt it.

Meg was eliminated today and to be honest I just did not care, this made me realise I have not emotionally connected with any of the contestants this year.

With Meg going does that mean Tiffany is not sighted until the finale – now that may not be a negative thing.

Who do you want to win this year on The Biggest Loser?

1 brain dead dave { 04.17.11 at 10:04 pm }

Four whales will be coming back next week. One from each team.This show’s old habits die hard.

I had the mute on for last Friday night and didn’t realise that Sharlene had literally hit the deck on the Sydney /Hobart fiasco.
Lucky she didn’t have any front teeth to knock out. She deserved it after that “This is Sharlene and this is my life” outburst of screeching. Like a real cheap remake of “Titanic”.

Shannan continues to white ant Leigh about his manliness after he shirked the abseil. Shannan’s motto is now closer to

“Blue For Life- I’ll $hag Your Wife”

2 Darryl { 04.18.11 at 7:31 am }

It’s all being setup for Leigh to win and Bob (previous winner) to marry Leigh and Lara since he’s a marraige celebrant

3 Chris { 04.18.11 at 10:04 am }

I just don’t want Joe to win. I think he was a bit stupid voting Meg, as that left two of the Moons, so if he came up against one of them he will be gone….. Either that or he is so confident he is not going to be below the yellow line

4 reality raver { 04.18.11 at 11:13 am }

BDD – clearly I have not been paying attention. I didn’t realise there was going to be a re-entry.

Darryl – Oh God I can see it now.

Chris – I think the latter – the moons have not been dropping a lot of weight.

5 davsimp { 04.18.11 at 11:40 am }

I must say, I am getting into this series, however it is the only Biggest Loser I have ever watched. Would be interested to hear from other viewers how they think it compares to previous series.

I was sorry to see Meg go, she has really upped the ante lately. Having two remaining moons will be dangerous for other contestants facing elimination now. See wanker joe passing the blame onto Sarah for Damo being eliminated when if it wasn’t for wanker joe Damo wouldn’t have been up there. However, having said that, there is no way in hell that Damo could have competed in the last couple of challenges. I doubt he would have fitted into a kayak let alone not sink the thing if he did squeeze his heavy-duty frame into it. God, imagine it capsizing with him in it, he would have drowned for sure, how could he have possibly got out if it had overturned? As for the image of him abseiling down that wall – holy crap, his arse would have busted every window on his way down. Speaking of his arse, imagine that being planted on a bicycle seat. Not only would the tyres need constant repumping but there would be a few seats having to be surgically removed as well.

Reckon wanker joe is in with a good chance of taking the title. I will say one thing about him, he is in the right head space. He gives his all in every training session and to go from last place to first in that latest challenge was very admirable.

I have a soft spot for Leigh, but how much more weight can he possibly lose? If the weight loss percentage is the determining factor for being placed under the yellow line, then he will be the one under it from now I would say. The others still have plenty of weight to lose, he doesn’t.

BDD, are some eliminated contestants really coming back? That sucks big ones! When you are out you are out I reckon. Mind you I was glad Damo was given another chance early on in the piece, but that didn’t last too long. However, at this late stage of the competition I don’t think they should bring the ones who were given the arse back into it. If they do, any money Jarred will be returning and wanker joe better watch his back big time.

6 Richard { 04.18.11 at 4:47 pm }

I too found the Sydney to Hobart episode boring as batsh*t.
As for Leigh and the abseiling, I just knew Shannon would tell him to “man up” once he found out.

7 Chris { 04.18.11 at 5:13 pm }

I would imagine if you’re scared of heights, it has nothing to do with Manning Up, you just wouldn’t be able to do it.
I thought Shannon went to far..

8 brain dead dave { 04.18.11 at 5:47 pm }

Four contestants will come back according to the promo I saw davsimp and we know what rolled gold they are. This has happened before and usually the contestants still at Camp BL arc up against the returnees coming back…I’d say from a massively distorted sense of entitlement. They often vow to dig deep to shed those last few bits of lard.

In the past contestants have been to Hawaii, this year it was a shitty trip interstate. Suck it up ,fatties.

I’d like to see Jarhead return too, though from what I saw of him in a catch up,he was putting weight back “on the outside”(land of a thousand excuses). He could never walk the talk.

Wanker Joe winning will be like Evil Russell winning Survivor. I hope there’s more knowledge challenges or even a puzzle to put him out of contention.

9 davsimp { 04.18.11 at 6:44 pm }

Just watched the preview online – what a big fat hairy crock of horse shit!! The remaining four are going to be livid!

I wonder if they will bring back the fatties who are struggling, ie, greg, damo, or will they bring back the ones who have stuck to a healthy eating plan and slogged their guts out, ie, Lara, Nathaniel. Nat was looking quite slim in his recent clip.

If bringing back eliminated contestants is no surprise to regular viewers then it will be no surprise to the contestants either. Which is why I think Jodie filled her fridge with shite so Commando could “accidentally” catch her out and say “oh Jode, look at your fridge, you are not in the right head space you had best return to camp biggest fraudster” This sucks!!

I dont know who I want to see come back. Maybe Damo or Greg the Wookie coz his noises were funny. I think Sharlene should get another go – it wasnt her fault she went arse up on the deck and was laid out and missed the next challenge. For the white team, I will be hoping for Meg. The others were too unlikeable. Although Jarhead and wanker joe could make for some fun viewing.

10 davsimp { 04.18.11 at 6:46 pm }

They will need more temptations for the uncontrollable, and like BDD said, more knowledge tests to weed out the morons. Still laughing at the gorilla and the rubiks cube.

11 Reality Raver { 04.18.11 at 8:00 pm }

Davisimp – LMAO, for someone who has only watched one episode you could probably produce the show next year.

Richard – I suspect they were only sailing the yacht when the cameras were on them.

12 Chris { 04.18.11 at 9:14 pm }

LMAO?????
I’m a dumb blonde, what can I say…

13 littlepetal { 04.19.11 at 9:28 am }

The four eliminated contestants with the highest weight loss percentage battle it out to secure their place back in the competition. Thus I think Nath, Emma, Lara and maybe Rebecca will be those trying to get back in.

14 C.J 2001 { 12.10.11 at 7:19 pm }

omg BDD your first comment had me in stitches…
Thank god I’m not the only one that hates Leigh’s mum!!!!

😀

15 C.J 2001 { 12.10.11 at 7:25 pm }

Oh and BDD that episode you were talking about in that first comment, is that the episode where Leigh’s mum was like to Commando “Kiss me” and all that bullshit? There is a chance that Leigh’s dad saw that.. or maybe not I dunno. But it’d be so awkward if he did.
I have 2 conclusions:
1. Leigh’s dad didn’t know the cheating was going on, or
2. He knew but was so desprate for a wife he didn’t care.

Could be either… But either way it is wrong to cheat. I’m 10 and even I know that.. 😛

16 brain dead dave { 12.11.11 at 3:47 pm }

You’ve got a great future as a blogger,C.J. Thanks.

Don’t join the Hell’s Angels and be good to your Mum.

17 C.J 2001 { 12.22.11 at 8:36 pm }

Wow thanks BDD!! I’m finally good at somthing for once :)

Also, with a bit of reserch, I have figured out why Leigh’s mum cheated on Leigh’s dad. I have found on a website that apparrently Leigh’s dad told Leigh’s mum to “Shut up” & he swore at her to. I mean, who wouldn’t want to leave an abusive ralationship like that. But cheeting isnt the way to do it!
Link: http://www.mythor.net/thebiggestloser/2011/02/18/tbl-6×12-this-weeks-challenge-build-a-sandcastle-o/
You may need to scroll down a bit, but it’s there. (:

18 Tarissa 95 { 12.27.11 at 8:08 pm }

Wow CJ your like really into this! Wish I was that smart lol

& I agree Leigh’s parents really shouldn’t be a couple if they treat each other like shit.

19 C.J 2001 { 12.27.11 at 8:19 pm }

Actually it was all by accident… Haha
My sister told me a rumor that Leigh’s mum is pregnant, so I googled it and that link was in the serch results (:
Oh & by the way, it turns out Leigh’s mum isn’t pregnant after all… As far as we know o.O

20 Skuxx 148 { 12.30.11 at 12:38 pm }

This whole story of Leigh’s parents and that kinda reminds me of the movie ‘Sleeping With The Enemy’. Like, he swears at her, then he’ll say he’s sorry… But how many times is that going to happen?!?!??

He deserves to be cheated on if he’s going to treat women like that.

21 Tarissa 95 { 01.01.12 at 10:33 am }

You couldn’t have said it any better Skuxx, I thought of that movie too lol
& she deserves to be sworn at if she’s going to cheat.

22 Skuxx 148 { 01.01.12 at 10:36 am }

No Tarissa, she probably wouldn’t have cheated if he treated her with respect in the first place. :)

23 Tarissa 95 { 01.01.12 at 10:40 am }

Oh right.. I thought she cheated first then he swore at her.
haha thanks (: