Megan Gale Bitchslaps Some Scrags And Now They Are Slapping Back

Normally I get a bit frustrated when journos take stories from tweets of Twitter, but in this case it was nearly story of the day, in reality TV land.

The new Project Runway host Megan Gale took matters into her own hands when she heard two females bitching about her at the next table in a cafe.

The Daily Telegraph reports Megan who is in the current Who Magazine most beautiful list listened to the two girls as they said negative things about her appearance.

Megan tweeted:

“Sitting in a café listening to 2 girls reading out loud article in paper re: Who Mag’s Most Beautiful Issue. They are commenting on me….”

“… They don’t know I can hear them.And they are being a little kind.. But mostly nasty.. What would you do in this situation?? M xx”

“Wow.. They are really dissecting my looks! This is quite remarkable to hear… I’m literally less than a metre away from them..”

Two minutes later Gale decided to take the upper hand and confront her detractors.

“Alright, I’m going to say something… I think I have to no? Stand by tweeps for what happens next!!…”

Five minutes later she tweeted again.

“God I wish I could have filmed that whole entire scene!! Ok so while they were in the midst if (sic) picking me to bits, I lifted my head… which was down, tweeting & obscured by baseball cap, smiled & sweetly said “hi.” One clutched her her heart,closed eyes &said Oh my God!”

“The other, most venomous of the two smile at me &had the audacity to say hi oh my god how are you?!…”

“Still smiling, I said ‘You should be careful what you say guys, you never know who might be listening”…

“The back pedalling was quite interesting but their extremely chatty table became dead silent in a matter of seconds. They just left… Mxx”

Smackdown. Let us hope she brings that same attitude when judging the contestants on Project Runway Australia.

UPDATE:

The two girls Megan Gale was tweeting about have now hit back saying her tweeting about the incident for publicity purposes. (see Daily Tele article). It raises an interesting point – would Megan Gale think her tweets were mainstream newsworthy? And if she did does this mean it is ok to court publicity when you want it, but when it infringes your privacy it is not OK. Previously Megan Gale has found the publicity on her private life intrusive.

What do you guys think? I am conflicted on this one.

1 davsimp { 04.20.11 at 11:38 pm }

Kudos to Megan for handling herself with esteem.

2 Reality Raver { 04.20.11 at 11:47 pm }

It is even better than being in the toilet cubicle scenario.

3 Mia { 04.21.11 at 8:20 am }

Go Megan!
You’d have to be in serious need of an optometrist to find her remotely unattractive.

4 Wurstsemmel { 04.21.11 at 10:21 am }

Handled with class and a sense of humour.

I see the girls are trying to flip it back on Megan this morning.

5 TMC { 04.21.11 at 4:39 pm }

I think the word bogan could be used to describe these slappers.
I agree Wurstsemmel Megan handled it with humour and class. Not her fault the media picked up her tweets.
I bet these chicks are the sort that would go out on a saturday night have a scrag in the street, with hair pulling and kicking and wake up in the morning in bed with a retired football player.

6 Sue { 04.21.11 at 5:11 pm }

I reckon those girls were just sprung bad and trying to make someone else look wrong when it was them in the wrong. FAIL girls. WIN Megan.

7 PollyB { 04.21.11 at 6:52 pm }

Gale is a ‘model’. What is the role of a model? A clothes horse. That is what models are paid for, their physical form. So, therefore, physical appearance will be up for judgement, in this instance because one Megan Gale was a willing participant in a ‘most beautiful people’ promotion that is purely an aid for a publishing company to boost magazine sales. Does she really believe everyone judges her positively, from her perspective? (How long has she been in this business?) Don’t care what these ‘slappers’ were saying, Gale has just generated her own publicity whilst not tolerating the publicity said promotion has created. Celebrities, or losers? Depends what one holds as important in their own life doesn’t it.

8 jord { 04.21.11 at 8:14 pm }

I’m with you Polly B, but I think its ridiculous that it made the front page of the Tele!

9 Jasmin { 04.21.11 at 10:16 pm }

I believe the girls had every right to criticise the article, and air their opinions in what they thought was a private conversation. It was just unfortunate (for both parties) that the object of their rejection happened to be sitting at the next table.

10 Wurstsemmel { 04.22.11 at 11:52 am }

I think it was just a harmless bit of fun but it’s became more than it needed to and Megan has unfortunately added to that by now making it all about taking on women who rubbish other woman, making a stance. Why couldn’t she simply say she was just having a bit of fun with it? I’d do exactly the same.

11 akris { 04.22.11 at 8:33 pm }

Admittedly my friends and I often discuss which ladies we think are attractive and who’s not and there have been times when it’s during brunch.. Megan Gale is one that splits the group. So i am definitely on the side of the other two girls.. these public figures have to realise that they put themselves out there by appearing on magazine covers etc and they’re subject to some kind of judgement… the girls, like my group of friends don’t do it out of malice, it’s just a topic of conversation between friends and it was Megan Gale that made it public. I hope she doesn’t complain about intrusive media anytime soon..

12 creepy { 04.23.11 at 9:11 pm }

that must of felt so good a really pretty woman moment