Marty Simpson From Australian Idol Has An Album Coming Out

I must be having a very slow news day if I am reporting on Australian Idol alumni from four years ago….

However Marty Simpson is releasing an album called Exit. For those who have forgotten him, he was the guy with the eyebrows like Aggro.

He recorded a lot of it in the US.

The Daily Telegraph reported on this, however I think it was because model it girl of the moment Bambi Northwood-Blythe was is in the video.

I did a search on YouTube for him and found this original song from 2008, and have to say it is not bad at all.

Also here is one of his performances from Australian Idol.

1 Wurstsemmel { 04.26.11 at 10:29 am }

A spooky moment…when I saw the photo, I thought he looked a bit like a cleaner version of Altiyan!

2 davsimp { 04.26.11 at 11:03 am }

Wurstsemmel, I am glad it wasn’t only me.

3 brain dead dave { 04.26.11 at 1:43 pm }

I thought he was one of the better Idol acts and enjoyed his casual attitude. It’s not surprising that he’s still got a pulse but it’d be a cold day in hell before I ‘d buy a copy of “Exit”

He and Altiyan could get an awesome duet happening:

Eyebrowze Inc.

4 brain dead dave { 04.26.11 at 2:05 pm }

It’s a bit of a $hit sandwich for him because there’s already an established artist in the music domain called Martin Simpson. Someone in A&R should get on the front foot and change his name to Marty Simpleton.

5 Reality Raver { 04.26.11 at 3:37 pm }

BDD – lol re:Eyebrowze Inc, I think Marty has been more open about use of substances that are illegal than Altiyan…

Wursts and DAvisimp – seeing similarity now – yikes

6 davsimp { 04.26.11 at 3:58 pm }

It’s like one of those before and after makeover shows.

7 Culinary Boner { 04.28.11 at 10:53 am }

The Brow Bros would make a great odd couple duet – one soooooooo laid back he’s taken 4 years to finally put out an album guaranteed to sink ’cause eh-was-that-Idol-show-anyway? and the other a ‘freakin twitchy cave dweller more intent on practical studies in louse ecology than music bizz reality. All hail the Tweeze Twins