Masterchef Australia – Alex In The Top 24 As Paul Lombardi Pulls Out

Just when we thought Alex had been eliminated from the competition it looks like he is having a lazarus like return.

It appears Western Australian fighter pilot Paul Lombardi has withdrawn from the Masterchef Australia top 24 and has been replaced by Alex he of the earlobes and raw meatballs fame.

How do I know about this? A sharp eyed reader notice he was on the official masterchef website top 24  photos, and a quick look revealed Paul Lombardi was no longer there.  Click on the link here to check it out – http://community.ten.com.au/community/masterchef/f/156/t/25762.aspx

I will contact Channel Ten to see if I can find out the reason, and ask why hottie Dan was not brought back in…

UPDATE: Channel Ten said watch it and find out, however I suspect as he was in the defence force this maybe the issue.

1 brain dead dave { 05.09.11 at 2:00 pm }

He’s like a turd that can’t be flushed….

2 Miss Piggy (MelbaToast) { 05.09.11 at 2:14 pm }

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

3 Anonymous { 05.09.11 at 2:19 pm }

I was surprised he got the flick last night after the amount of air time and back story he’d been given – I was sure he be in the top 24. This explains it.

4 Reality Raver { 05.09.11 at 2:22 pm }

LOL that is hilarious.

5 Culinary Boner { 05.09.11 at 2:23 pm }

…he’s intractable waste, bdd, the sort that will only be got rid of when the Sun eventually expands, explodes and takes out Earth.

6 EH { 05.09.11 at 2:31 pm }

I was so sure Alex was going to be in top 24 given the amount of screen time he had! I was surprised with last night result but not surprised to learn that he is back in. My question is do MC really need to pull in Alex & Sun to making this season watchable?

7 Sares { 05.09.11 at 2:54 pm }

Oh Alex is a walking disaster area… Darn every time i see him i think of the raw meatballs…. eeeeww

8 Reality Raver { 05.09.11 at 2:57 pm }

Do you think this is why they put him back in because he is so controversial?

9 brain dead dave { 05.09.11 at 3:04 pm }

Can’t be for his cooking.

10 davsimp { 05.09.11 at 3:39 pm }

oh FFS!! Say it isn’t so!!

11 muppy { 05.09.11 at 3:42 pm }

Haha, probably increased the ratings with all his drama! What will he do next???? And how many lives is that he’s used up….

12 Injera { 05.09.11 at 3:43 pm }

When I read your tweet about this I had exactly the same response as Miss Piggy (MelbaToast) – NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It’s contestants like Alex that really activate my irritation with Masterchef. I feel as though I’ve seen him screw a lot of things up, but have been told that he can cook.

Annoying.

13 Mandi { 05.09.11 at 3:49 pm }

After all the airtime he’s had I’d have to say that I’m not all that surprised. But couldn’t they have bought Nick back instead???

14 davsimp { 05.09.11 at 3:53 pm }

Ok, so fighter pilot guy drops out. Why not just make it the top 23 then? Are they bringing the Lobernator back because the producers think it’s funny because he all these lives? Last season when one of the mum’s dropped out because she was missing her kids no one was brought back in to replace her. This sucks big ones.

15 Dakota { 05.09.11 at 4:04 pm }

Still no Nick :( DAMN ALEX! lol.

16 Wurstsemmel { 05.09.11 at 4:09 pm }

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Say it ain’t so.

If the defence force thing was an issue, why would he have even entered?

17 Culinary Boner { 05.09.11 at 4:13 pm }

Maybe the Top Gun pilot guy after being exposed to the hammeisters, Matt, George and Gary, in the flesh decided that he needed to escape to the real world, for a real job. Who could blame him?

18 KhunDel { 05.09.11 at 4:26 pm }

When the Policewomen pulled out last year they didn’t replace her ! Seems to be a theme now MC to get someone to pull very early in the series.

19 jord { 05.09.11 at 4:34 pm }

YAY, i’m glad Alex is back!

20 littlepetal { 05.09.11 at 4:38 pm }

Paul Lombardi is still listed as in the Top 24 but no bio. No wonder Alex got so much air time. Now I have one more contestant to annoy me!!!

21 Anthony { 05.09.11 at 8:30 pm }

It’s a TV show! It’s the sort of shit that producers love!! But guys, give Alex a break. He’s bad, but no where near Kate from last year!

22 AnonyMousse { 05.09.11 at 8:40 pm }

It wouldn’t surprise me if some General somewhere in his chain of command found out that he was going to be on Masterchef after he got to the top 24, thought about how any douchey moments (that we’d all display over 6 months of filming, unless we’re Marion or Saint Nice Guy of Nice) would be seen by 1.5+ million Australians, and decided that any bad moments for the pilot would reflect badly on the service as a whole. Queue ‘redeployment’ orders post-haste.

23 Masterchef – the dish that changed your life | reality ravings { 05.09.11 at 9:13 pm }

[…] Injera TweetAs RR noted in her post earlier today, the top 24 – having not had time to even set properly – underwent a change prior to […]

24 AT { 05.09.11 at 10:37 pm }

oh gawd nooooo!!!! why not anyone else in the top 50?

25 Michael { 05.09.11 at 10:47 pm }

AnonyMousse,

He would have had permission long before he applied to go on the show, let alone audition. This is the type of PR the defence force would love. What is probably more likely is that either he decided that the reward of winning the show wasn’t worth giving up what he already had (less pay, less fun) or he was genuinely required back at work with his niche skillset that is worth tens of millions of dollars in training (one held by only a few dozen in the country).

26 Greg { 05.10.11 at 1:10 am }

This is soooo wrong! I (and many others) knew something was up with this guy and I missed the start of Monday nights episode to just catch the end and he was there. I was like WTF!? On Sunday night I said to my Dad, I bet he gets back in some how and he did. The show is rigged, what a joke. I am sure everyone could see this from the beginning. How sad to the other people with a lot more cooking talent to have been knocked out. You watch now, he will probably turn in to a superstar and have Michelin stars at the end of the show.

27 kevin { 05.10.11 at 1:33 am }

Well I watched it and Channel ten said nothing. There was no mention in the program that I could see. Or did I just miss somethng?

28 JaniceG { 05.10.11 at 7:04 am }

Really cheesed off Alex is back and his performance last night did not justify his being chosen as a sub over some others who showed more cooking skills before the final elimination. However, I don’t object in principle to them putting in a sub to get the total to an even 24 before the real competitive series begins.

@Kevin: First few minutes of the show were Matt Moran visiting Alex at his house in Perth to tell him the news, pass on the apron, and give him a pep talk.

29 sourkraut { 05.10.11 at 7:59 am }

Ha Ha far king ha. Another Joolya promise by Masterfarce. Havent even gone past the first month and they are handing out second chances already. Wot a joke.
Wonder on wot basis this latter day Pierre was selected for a return

30 Missotto { 05.10.11 at 9:23 am }

I thought we’d actually got the best 24 and Alex could go back to turning his ears into calamari rings; but sadly no. I blame Matt Moran and his ego, plus the producers’ warped idea of what appeals – despite two seasons demonstrating that no, actually we like seeing the best cooks. I don’t think the 3 “real” judges are over-impressed with Alex, so hopefully he’ll be out soon, he has just avoided being the worst of the worst now, isn’t it 4 times?

31 Szar { 08.12.11 at 10:49 pm }

We are getting this in india only now, and just saw the “Alex returns” episode. Logged in here to find out why and how he got back.
Thanks for the answers..
my wife made a pun.
This guy has faced 4 alexminations!

should name him the Alexminator

32 Reality Raver { 08.13.11 at 4:02 pm }

Szar – you wife sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy the series.

33 Aida { 08.23.11 at 4:06 am }

Hey why dnt u guys give Alex a break??!! I tink he’s nice and to top it all a fighter