Matt Moran Loses His Rag – Unfortunately Not At Alex

Confirmed that Masterchef Australia judge Matt Moran is actually my perfect match as he swears as much as I do.

Matt Moran in this YouTube clip above loses his temper at a food stylist because he felt he was wasting food. Some people think this could be a viral marketing campaign. Talk about flipping out.

I hope he flips out like this at Alex on this season of Masterchef Australia when he serves up risotto for the fifth time.

UPDATE: Confirmed it is a viral marketing campaign for OZ Harvest.

1 Injera { 05.10.11 at 12:52 pm }

He won’t lose it at Alex. After all, he was the one who brought him back in. Oh, Matt, you make me sad, then happy. Let’s stick with happy-making!

2 JG { 05.10.11 at 12:59 pm }

We can only hope…

3 Kaylen { 05.10.11 at 1:07 pm }

I’m sorry, but I don’t agree with this. Sure, it was a waste of food, but the poor guy was only doing what he was told by the director. If Matt wanted to yell at someone, do so at the person that deserves it.

If this is a viral campaign, it’s an extremely bad one. If not, then my respect for Matt Moran has fallen.

Food should not be wasted. But neither should one unload and yell at the person who is simply doing their job.

As I said: do so at the person who is in charge. Dude. There are better ways to handle things, and that just puts Matt in a bad light.

How would you feel if you were doing the job told to you by your boss, and some precious “TV Chef” suddenly starts swearing and yelling at you?

It’s not a good image. If it was a viral campaign, that just makes it that much more worse.

Bullying is not something that should be celebrated.

4 davsimp { 05.10.11 at 1:11 pm }

Kaylen, that is an excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly. Talk about misdirected anger. He could have handled it a lot better. However, the cynic in me is calling publicity stunt.

5 sourkraut { 05.10.11 at 1:24 pm }

Matt Moron showing his true character? Has he been getting coaching from the Kruger mole?

6 sourkraut { 05.10.11 at 1:41 pm }

Raver
Get with it you slacker,…. just joking!
Have you fallen out of luuurrrvv with Snotblob Rob?

7 smauge { 05.10.11 at 1:44 pm }

I don’t think he would have gotten so pissed off if 2 other people hadn’t come to stick up for the lacky throwing it away. Totally agree with not throwing the food out and it’s great to see a top chef not be wasteful. I hope they all think twice before throwing another plate of food out.

8 Reality Raver { 05.10.11 at 2:07 pm }

Sourkraut – I thought mole was spelt moll?? Hey I love the Matt Moron reference.

Kaylen – Maybe the camera just kept rolling, funny timing for it to hit YouTube.

9 sourkraut { 05.10.11 at 2:28 pm }

Raver
You know me by now. I plead pig ignorance
Smauge
LMAO
Didn’t you see last year’s episodes where huge amounts of food were wasted. I’ll never forget Geo’s little lettuce episode, and that was probably the least of the show’s food wasting atrocities?

10 littlepetal { 05.10.11 at 3:17 pm }

I read it is a fake tantrum to promote Oz Harvest

11 littlepetal { 05.10.11 at 3:27 pm }

Channel 7 is going to have this on their 6pm news!!! I think this is only going to give MC more publicity.

12 JG { 05.10.11 at 3:36 pm }

The Age has more info on the stunt: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/aria-on-an-f-string–why-matt-moran-really-boiled-over-20110510-1egme.html

Personally, I think there were better ways to go about this. The video will still be available online long after people forget that it’s a put-on, which won’t help Matt Moran’s image any.

13 davsimp { 05.10.11 at 3:39 pm }

And here is the man himself with the FULL version.

14 littlepetal { 05.10.11 at 3:47 pm }

I dont’ use the F word and I hear it all the time. I don’t think it is damaging to Matt as people are just use to the F word.

davsimp-he he he, Channel 7 fall for it and going to give Matt free publicity.

15 JG { 05.10.11 at 3:49 pm }

@littlepetal I wasn’t thinking about the language as much as the perception that he lost it and just started screaming at a hapless underling

16 EH { 05.10.11 at 3:56 pm }

Not impressed. Viral campaign or not, it doesnt look good on Matt. Yelling with F word doesn’t solve the problem, more so when it’s directed to someone who was simply doing their job.

17 smauge { 05.10.11 at 4:16 pm }

They were all doing there job, including Matt 😉
I’ve been against viral things like this ever since the Witchery Men debacle (I would STILL never buy from them!) but this is a worthy cause done by a man I admire.
And yes Sourkraut I do remember all the waste last year. The Matt Preston smashing the pasta dish being the worst. Don’t like it on Masterchef either. I hope the plates that DON’T get smashed go to Oz Harvest, especially now one of the judges is hawking it on the internet.

18 Is There Going To Be An Australian Top Chef Or Hell’s Kitchen?? | reality ravings { 05.11.11 at 8:12 am }

[…] the piece of viral marketing he did for OZ Harvest here was really an audition for the show. The network wanted to ensure his Gordon Ramsay impersonation […]