Why Is Hayden Quinn Being Pimped As Masterchef’s Sex Symbol?

I am seriously not getting the Hayden Quinn being the pin-up boy of this year’s Masterchef Australia series. He gets a huge amount of camera time compared to the other contestants, except perhaps for Alex.

And today’s article in the Sunday Telegraph calling him a sex symbol just confirmed to me the publicity department is pimping him hard as the series hottie.

Quite frankly I am not feeling the love.

Ok I admit he may have a semi-six pack (always a positive thing), however when he speaks he does not sound very intelligent or articulate, and he is not THAT attractive.

The article says:

MASTERCHEF sex symbol Hayden Quinn is being tipped as the next contestant from the juggernaut series to cut it in the culinary industry.

The likeable 23-year-old lifeguard from Sydney’s northern beaches has displayed talents beyond his amateur classification – trumping top chef Alessandro Pavoni’s key apprentice from Mosman restaurant Ormeggio, in the program’s first immunity challenge.

Of his future, Quinn, who is already a firm favourite, said he was keen to turn his MasterChef experience into future television work, combining his passion for cooking with travel.

“For me, I love travel and culture and people, and what permeates through all that is food,” Quinn told The Sunday Telegraph. “If I could replicate what I’ve seen and experienced overseas and introduce people to those things through a small restaurant or a book, that would be cool.

“Or maybe if it could become a television show that combined travel, culture, the ocean and surfing, that would be incredible.”

Such aspirations may not be too far fetched, according to one television executive.

“He has the looks and poise, definitely some skills, women seem to like him … you could certainly expect to see more of him,” the executive said.

Regarding his concept for his cooking show, someone needs to inform it has already been done. It was called Surfing The Menu starring Ben O’Donoghue and Curtis Stone.

What do you think? Is he this series best looking guy?

1 littlepetal { 05.29.11 at 11:56 am }

I hope you love his voice too.

2 Angela { 05.29.11 at 4:51 pm }

Personally, I don’t find Hayden attractive all it – I think its his height and “littleness” & the speedos really put me off. Having said that, he does cook well. I think it will end up close between him & Kumar.

3 smauge { 05.29.11 at 5:10 pm }

Seriously Kayla, how old are you?
I think he can cook and he’s a serious contender for the title (but I hope he loses out to Jay!)

4 AnonyMousse { 05.29.11 at 8:12 pm }

Woah, walked into this thread and the last third made me feel like I was at a Jonas Brothers concert (someone already used Bieber). Better get out before I get estrogen poisoning.

5 Kayla { 05.30.11 at 4:56 pm }

I agree with Siena.

6 Roscoe { 06.01.11 at 9:40 am }

Jeez, RR, I don’t think you’ve been watching very carefully. You think Hayden gets undue exposure? Put a stop watch on the boring Sun who not only gets too much camera time but is over-favoured by the tribunal. She should have been well and truly gone by now. At least Hayden has some charm and common sense which influences his efforts, no matter how common his speech.

7 Kayla { 06.02.11 at 10:33 pm }

Smauge . I’m pretty sure that I proved you wrong . And you’ve got nothing to say about it!

And I definitely agree with Roscoe. Sun should have definitely been gone by now . She’s really upherself

8 PollyB { 06.02.11 at 11:00 pm }

I don’t think anyone is saying Hayden should be gone vis-a-vis justifying others still being around. The point is why we have to see and listen to him so much.
If you are friend or family of a contestant just say so. No biggie.

9 Karen { 06.17.11 at 6:17 pm }

Hayden is totally HOT, but most of all he is a sweetheart and definitely a good cook. Oh btw I thinks Alex’s smile is awesome, but he obviously lacked cooking skills…

10 Jim { 06.23.11 at 5:17 pm }

Hayden is gorgeous! Definitely the hottest guy in Masterchef so far, although last year’s Devin and Phillip also rang my bell.

11 Warwick { 06.27.11 at 9:05 pm }

Hayden is not getting anywhere near the treatment Poh got in the first series. If ever Masterchef can be accused of setting someone up to be the winner, it was Poh. The sycophantic coverage they devoted to her – for no other reason, apparently, than that she had learned how to cook Malaysian from her mother – made my stomach turn. Hayden is a much more original cook than Poh and it is remarkable how well he’s doing considering he doesn’t have the ‘ethnic credibility’ factor working for him.

12 Hugo { 06.30.11 at 4:07 pm }

He did surprised me first I heard him talking, I was actually expecting some more male voics. LOL. But considering his age, it’s fine, he’s just a kid.

13 Peace { 07.06.11 at 11:05 pm }

Ok. Shhh everyone that doesn’t think Hayden is hot – maybe he’s just not your taste/type! That doesn’t mean you need to bag him out! Just accept the fact that to a lot of people, Hayden is one of the most charming, gorgeous, amazing, hottest guys on earth!! :)

14 random { 07.09.11 at 3:15 pm }

Haydons pretty cute and all but I don’t know whether he’s my favourite contestant or anything . I sort of like him but seriously have you heard how stupid and sheepish his voice is

15 kelly { 07.13.11 at 4:33 pm }

I grew up with him, he is the nicest guy you will ever meet. Stop hating, get off the computer and get a life. ps. he ain’t dumb

16 Gabii { 07.14.11 at 10:30 am }

Hayden is an absolute BABE and a total gent to boot….hes everything positive about aussie men…GO HAYDEN!

17 Kayla { 07.14.11 at 4:44 pm }

Kelly, IM SO JEALOUS ! I actually live for Hayden now. if I could meet him just once, I would never ask for anything else. seriously, I am his biggest fan, no matter what anyone else says. I had a dream that we met :) hes just the sweetest, hottest, and amazing person I’ve ever seen ! I could write for hours about him. <333333333333333 and I really don't know why all you haters have to say all this negative stuff. Y O U R J U S T J E A L O U S ! I love you Hayden ! <3 xx my life would be complete if I met you. Even just for a minute ! <3

And cut the crap about all the Justin bieber and stuff. Just because we aren't afraid of acknowledging his amazing-ness !

18 Culinary Boner { 07.14.11 at 4:58 pm }

Tip to Hayden:- Check this post out, mate.
Very few sane blokes get the chance you are being given.
Start a fucking cult now (chicks only membership, of course)!!!!

If a mono-brow Morlock like Altiyan Childs can get chicks (and their mums) throwing themselves at him, based on the Beiberesque posts here, you’ll be up to your armpits in wall-to-wall pussy in no time.

Oh, just check their birth certificates first.

19 LOL { 07.15.11 at 5:56 am }

hAYDEN LOOKS LIKE A MAMA’S BOY. I MEAN REALLY….

20 sedfjajwo { 07.18.11 at 2:20 pm }

Hayden is actually really smart even though he may seem stupid. He got a science degree in mariine biology with a distinction average.

21 nikki { 07.19.11 at 6:33 pm }

Hayden is hot hot hot and certainly very marketable.

22 Kayla { 07.19.11 at 7:26 pm }

^agreed

23 tom { 07.21.11 at 8:49 pm }

someone sounds a little jealous!

24 Jane { 07.21.11 at 8:53 pm }

He might not be the brightest (though he did study marine biology) but he doesn’t have a mean bone in his body, he doesn’t brag, he’s not loud and he is not smitten with himself like a few contestants I’ve seen. Now that he is gone, I won’t be watching Masterchef anymore. And yes, he is damn hot and to top it off he is blond with blue eyes.
P.S He’s a brillant cook and what woman wouldn’t want a young sexy guy who can cook?

25 Kayla { 07.21.11 at 9:41 pm }

agree with that ^
and actually Tom. I might be meeting him soon, my friend knows him !

and I cried when he left. actually. cried.

and no doubt he’s hot. And sexy. And sweet. And amazing. And did I already say hot ?

26 Nada { 07.21.11 at 9:46 pm }

I am quite sad that he got eliminated

27 Plummy { 07.21.11 at 11:03 pm }

Honestly he is so hot , I cried when he left and he is an amazing cook so stop being mean god I want to fly to Sydney just to see him p.s anyone found his website?

28 Jane { 07.22.11 at 4:37 am }

I have looked a long time for his website but I couldn’t find it… :-(
I’m guessing it might be up later, probably not quite ready yet. Fingers crossed it will be up soon.

29 Debbie { 07.22.11 at 8:12 am }

Sure his hair’s a bit surfer-dude, but he did work on the beach. His body is smoking! He really surprised me in this series with the beautiful dishes he kept producing. I’m okay with him going (though oh my god when will we see the back of Dani?), mainly because I think Michael has the goods to win, but I’ll miss Hayden and I like the idea we might see him in some other show in the future. I think he could appeal to the same kind of demographic as Jules, who has moved so far on from his Big Brother days.

30 Pia { 07.23.11 at 3:29 am }

At first I thought that Hayden was just a piece of fluff that was going to be kicked off in the first couple of rounds, but he proved me wrong. As the show went on he kept impressing me, not only with his food, but also with his positive, friendly personality.

I certainly wish him all the best, and why not give him his own show, if a lot of people like him:-)

31 Emily { 07.23.11 at 4:11 pm }

Hayden was my favorite contestant out of all the series 
I really wanted him to win
I was sad when he left a few days ago 
But apparently he’s getting his own cooking show so that’ll be interesting 
Btw Kelly I’m sooooooo jealous you lucky thing 
Also btw LaurenM stop hating on Hayden and get a life

32 Melissa { 07.24.11 at 10:45 am }

I think Hayden’s all right – Matthew Caldicott from last season is a hunk though 😉

33 lolita { 03.30.12 at 12:39 pm }

I come overseas and i think I he is cute, hot..smoking hot!:D And who cares if he would do the same kind of cooking show than Ben O’Donoghue and Curtis Stone have done. I dont. At least he can cook and looks good and seems to be nice guy.

34 Anonymous { 04.13.12 at 5:55 pm }