Chris and Julia – Season 1 Lovebirds Looking Dour

With the news that Season Three of Masterchef Australia may have produced  a love match (See previous blog post – Alex and Chelsea Create A Masterchef Fireball) I was wondering how Season One lovebirds, Julia Jenkins, and Chris Badenoch was going.

If you were a body language expert which I am not – it would look like things are a bit frosty. Chris has a dour look on his face and his arms are crossed, whilst Julia walks beside him.

What is she carrying? The tube could be filled with plans to expand their successful business Josie Bones?

Josie Bones the beer bar is filled most nights, with Chris at front of house with the beer (of course), and Julia is slugging it out in the kitchen.

Let us hope the hard work is not causing fractures in their relationship.

1 brain dead dave { 05.19.11 at 1:35 pm }

I thought Robert Trimboli was dead.

2 sourkraut { 05.19.11 at 2:11 pm }

He was probably remembering the frump in the black glad bag dress who did not like brown food!

3 Culinary Boner { 05.19.11 at 2:20 pm }

lol bdd
Chris Badenuff does seem to have got the Aussie Bob look down to tee and even more authentic than Underbelly did. It’s a wonder some coppers haven’t been spotted approaching him in the street seeking a ‘cut’.
Raver, on the night I was at Josie Bones a few weeks ago, there was no sign of Chris and Julia seemed to be doing the hard yakka in the kitchen. As I posted previously though the food and beer (especially the beer) were really good. Maybe Chris’s job is tasting? I plan to go back when next in melbourne. On the relationship speculation front, they just look like a normal couple after 18-months together to me.

4 smauge { 05.19.11 at 2:43 pm }

Since when has Chris NOT looked dour?

5 seepi { 05.19.11 at 3:39 pm }

I reckon she has done something to annoy him. The side of his face close to her looks really cross, while the side of his face she can’t see just looks cold.

Her face next to him looks like a big smirk.

6 Nat { 05.19.11 at 6:12 pm }

He looks like a little mini person next to her.

7 TMC { 05.19.11 at 6:34 pm }

Irection that they spotted the Photographer

8 Mez { 05.19.11 at 7:27 pm }

This photo looks like a set-up. I can’t imagine that anyone would be interested in taking their photo after all these years. This screams of an attempted media beat up for publicity for their cafe.
If this is the case, it is typical of this couple. Next will be their sell out magazine story of ‘how they are still in love’ and ‘how the media wont leave them alone’.
Yawn

9 Sooty { 05.19.11 at 10:44 pm }

Gee, that all-offal diet is making these two look healthy! Chris looks like Grandpa from the Munsters – or a cannibal plotting his next meal.

10 Nat { 05.20.11 at 1:46 am }

Maz- we thought this photo looked like a setup as well. No one walks down the street with their arms crossed. It makes it quite hard to walk. Maybe thats why he looks so cranky. He has to concentrate so hard to walk with his arms crossed.
We love a good conspiracy theory!

11 wella { 05.23.11 at 11:10 am }

really RR
giving these two any oxygen in the media may have them thinking that we’re still interested in them.

I agree with everyone above, a set up pic and who says their place is successful? They’ll beat up anything to get a bit of airtime
NEXT!

12 sayer { 05.23.11 at 12:45 pm }

yeah, is it successful? the way these two are dressed it wouldn’t suggest it, they both look overweight and bogan-meets-wanna-be.
Both overweight, not happening for me and he still looks dirty

13 intheknow { 06.13.11 at 8:22 pm }

two fat bogans sitting in a tree
B-O-O-Z-I-N-G