Dancing With The Stars – What Was The Point Of Olivia Newton John?

Holy Batman, what was the snuff movie move, red ribbon and all, at the end of Manu Feildel’s Argentinian Tango? No wonder he had to go last on what was a very long show. There was so much filler tonight, with Jennifer Hudson performing twice, and James Blunt also singing.

And really what was the point of Olivia Newton-John special commentary? Seriously who cares what she thought, the producers certainly didn’t as she wasn’t put on as a special guest judge.

But back to Manu’s tango. Of the three episodes he has twice been last, this must be to get the people to sit through the whole episode. I had to laugh when they filmed him in the restaurant kitchen as it looked like Manu has not been in one for awhile. He looked a bit uncomfortable with a knife and potato, in fact he nearly sliced his finger.

But his tango was very intense and quite technical and he scored the highest of the night with a 29.

I noted the judges were not as tense with each other this week. Josh Horner must have been told to keep it brief and he did most of the time.

I really like Jan Stephenson but she danced her samba like she was on valium. Her hips were on slow mo.

“Routine didn’t take off for me tonight” said Josh.

Todd thought she needed a bit more hip action. She scored a total of 18.

Mark Occhilupo had to waltz and I must say his bun did suit the dance. He again was doing his nervous mouth action. However he does have some rhythm.

Helen thought “Overall you are keeping your head above water.”

Josh said ” A bit like dance by numbers but I just want you to colour it in a bit more.”

He got a total of 16.

Dan Ewing had to dance the Samba with Luda who rumour now has it that her and Manu are hooking up. And no wonder Manu is interested, as Luda sizzled that samba. Though I did think at one stage she was going to stab him in the crutch with a stiletto. They scored a 21.

Hayley Bracken tried to sex up the Argentinian Tango unsuccessfully. I still don’t think it is fair that she is in the show as she has a past dance background. Todd said he missed the raw intensity. They scored 23.

I have to say I was totally wrong about Nick Bracks, he is a good dancer. Expect to see him contracted to Home and Away soon. He scored 20.

Lucky for Samantha Armytage her tasseled dress made her look like she was swinging her hips more than they actually were. The routine was a bit rough, and after she did the splits she kind of lost it a bit.

Damien Leith’s samba was awkward, and looked quite undignified.

Todd said “Put that aside and move forward.” They scored 20. I don’t know how.

Lara Bingle danced a very nice Argentinian Tango, and she managed to bring the sexy to it. Considering she had a busted ankle it was a great job. They got a good score of 24.

Brynne Edelsten danced the waltz and after looking stiff at the start she really did it quite well. I thought Helen’s verbose comments were code for “don’t dress like a slut” which I of course disagree, as I think Brynne’s wardrobe just makes her.

The bottom two were Lara Bingle and Jan Stephenson. Jan was eliminated, and she was a little bit petulant, saying  it is pretty sad that Australia had not supported her. But she has spent the last few decades living in the US? Anyone under 40 would not know who she was. Also has she been paying her taxes in the US or Australia in the time she has lived out of the country? Could be a bit of pot calling kettle black there.

1 Shelsta78 { 05.23.11 at 7:54 am }

I only saw Manu last night – he’s still just a comedy show for me – but I’m still sure he’ll be final two – probably with Brynne.

RR – agree re: ONJ + I just don’t get all the special guests – there is NO way that show should be 2 hours long

2 Kaylen { 05.23.11 at 8:07 am }

Olivia was there because the person who was supporting her charity was due to be kicked off. They probably thought it’d be sweet if Olivia could console Jan.

Ohhhhh. 😉

Missed Josh’s honest and biting comments!

3 Culinary Boner { 05.23.11 at 10:23 am }

“What Was The Point Of Olivia Newton John?”
Raver is that an essay question from a philosphy course like – http://www.rmit.edu.au/courses/035191?

4 davsimp { 05.23.11 at 10:49 am }

Only saw two dances before I had to flick over to Masterchef. That golfer looked like she had a carrot in her arse. Now obviously I have to go and watch Manu’s snuff dance online, goddamnit RR I said I wasn’t going to watch this shite!!

5 littlepetal { 05.23.11 at 11:49 am }

Not sure why Jan was so devastated to be voted off. She should knew this is a popularity contest and is not about dancing. She is not known here (I don’t know who she was) and she can’t really dance. Of course she is better than Occy but Occy is better known here and underdogs do get sympathy votes.

6 seepi { 05.23.11 at 1:12 pm }

Josh is affecting the other judges – they are all becoming incomprehansible.

I think Helen was trying to tell Brynn to take on a character, wear a ‘costume’ and have fun with it, instead of counting the steps and looking petrified.

Josh makes no sense – at least his comments were shorter tonight, but it was wierd little snippets that didn’t make a point.

7 sourkraut { 05.23.11 at 1:35 pm }

What was EVER the point of ollie neutron bomb?

8 Reality Raver { 05.23.11 at 1:44 pm }

Shelsta78 – you think Brynne will go top 2 – I hope so.

Kaylen – he had been told to keep it short.

Culinary Boner – LOL

Davisimp – not that I have seen a snuff flick, but the final move… It is interesting that in the first hour of DWTS only 2 routines were seen.

Little Petal – Considering she was bottom 2 the week before as well and her dancing ain’t that fabulous. I did quite like her. Lara who dances quite well needs to try and gain some fans this week.

Seepi – LOL at your comment of Josh infiltrating the other judges. I noticed his comments got longer towards the end of the show.

Sourkraut – that is harsh – she was in Grease.

9 Sourkraut { 05.23.11 at 6:06 pm }

Raver
From an MCP point of view that was the chickingest chick flick ever
Uuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkk!

10 Fiona { 05.23.11 at 9:03 pm }

I am ever so slightly warming to Josh (I checked out his youtube video on the weekend so now I know a little bit more about him and his credentials). I think he tried very hard not to overtalk, and I suspect he had a voice in his ear or a floor manager giving him the sign when to stop because he would suddenly end his chatting with a big exclamation, mainly positive.

In contrast Todd was pretty quiet, all his airtime was stolen, I think his thunder is too. I did love his comment about Helen’s puppies.

11 scruffnkelsmum { 05.23.11 at 9:33 pm }

I too thought Jan’s comment a little odd, given she is not very well known here and hasn’t actually lived here for yonks, however I felt sorry for her when they showed her crying (she is probably post menopausal!!) I thought Sonia looked stunning, much better than last week- loving her softer hair colour.

and apart from having no part to really play in the proceedings- how weird and puffed up and shiny and plastic does ONJ’s face look??? Don’t get me wrong I like her, but she needs to stop the cosmetic work NOW!!!!!

12 davsimp { 05.24.11 at 12:05 am }

Still reckon Manu has got this in the bag.

13 James { 05.24.11 at 12:10 am }

Livvy was there to debut her hot new remix of “Magic”!