Reality Ravings – First Vlog Talking Reality TV

This is the first Reality Ravings Vlog, which discusses the week in reality TV and other gossip. I hope to make it a weekly part of the blog.

Also please email me any questions you would like answered to realityravings@hotmail.com

The questions should be reality TV related and if I don’t know the answers will endeavour to find them out for you. However also happy to give relationship advice. LOL.

This week topics includes Masterchef Australia, Dancing With The Stars, Colin Fassnidge, Manu Feildel, The Amazing Race Australia, Real Housewives, Lara Bingle, Brynne Edelsten, and Project Runway Australia.

UPDATE: For some reason after multiple attempts only 5 minutes of the 9 minute vlog downloaded onto YouTube. The reason is probably my end, so it cuts out at Dancing With The Stars. Regarding The Amazing Race I say it is not a bad strategy for Tyler and Sam to start up a romance at least it is a way of an alliance sticking.

1 TMC { 05.23.11 at 5:53 pm }

Nice work, Hope it didn’t hurt too much.
The audio doesn’t seem to sync for me, its like watching Monkey Magic

2 SED { 05.23.11 at 5:58 pm }

Very interesting to listen to realityravings. Unfortunately as Im not a masterchef fan I havent been following hte blog as much but this was great to listen to. I totally knew lara would be in the bottom two so soon, not too many males males even really like her.

3 Injera { 05.23.11 at 6:17 pm }

Great to see and hear you, RR – laughed out loud a few times! I liked your dating analogy for early weeks of Masterchef. I think it also applies to the contestants – maybe some of them haven’t got the commitment bug and it will take a while to winnow the maybes out. Don’t think I’ll bother tuning into DWTS. Sounds painful. As TMC pointed out, the audio/video is not in synch.

4 Shelsta78 { 05.23.11 at 10:56 pm }

The video has been removed – mine says – will check again soon to see you!

5 Mia { 05.24.11 at 10:26 am }

Great vlog, RR.

I have a theory re Lara being in the DWTS bottom 2.
It’s not technically a ‘bottom 2’, is it? I mean, obviously the contestant to be eliminated is there, but the other contestant isn’t necessarily standing there because they have the second lowest number of votes – allegedly all the ‘safe’ contestants are read out in random order. So, I reckon they deliberately had Lara there to ‘scare’ and fans (yes, I know… Lara fans???) to panic and start voting for her, because the producers obviously want to keep her there as a drawcard. Otherwise, as you said, RR, without viewer votes, no matter how well she dances, she’ll be a goner.

6 Reality Raver { 05.24.11 at 11:26 pm }

TMC – Yeah I don’t know what that was about. I will try again with a different mode next week. I am a IT luddite.

SED – Thanks for watching. What shows do you watch so I know to cover them.

Injera – thanks

Shelsta 78 – up again now

Mia – I am trying to find out from Channel 7 if this is the case.

7 littlepetal { 05.24.11 at 11:38 pm }

I agree with you Mia. I don’t think Lara has the second lowest votes. Just a trick.

8 SED { 05.25.11 at 11:54 am }

Mia – every season previously has been ‘bottom 2’ but Im not sure about this season.
RR – mostly every reality major show on FTV (to different degrees) but masterchef hahaha.