The Amazing Race – Joey and Richard Are Indeed Hard Core

Well Joey and Richard with all their mantras and saying obviously don’t have the one “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.

Joey was unbelievable tonight. She was pouting because the WA models, and Kelly would not help her and when in a final desperate attempt at the back of the pack she got lucky when Mel helped her out with the caveat of waiting a few minutes, and not to overtake them. She decided to ignore it. Her two minutes was the time it took to rip the next clue open.

Considering they are only  into the second leg and they have managed to piss off most of the teams they may struggle in the race from here on in.

The other ironic thing of this “focus, achieve, believe” pair is they think they are more intelligent then they really are. They have struggled at most of the challenges. Richard who would consider himself an alpha male, struggled to drain oil from a car! Joey ended up pushing him out of the way to complete it.

The thing they need to realise to have a motivation code 105 is not normal, “Come on babe 105 push it”. Apparently it is the number of squats Joey has done.

However I do want them to stick around in the Race for awhile as they are such good TV.

Also Betty Friedman would be turning in her grave if she heard 21 year- old Anastasia say “I want to give my opinion and then let the man make the decision, I think it works well in relationships”.

Christ Chris is a major tool with his attitude to Anastasia and I suspect most women. The way he speaks to her – run Anastasia run.

Some of his classic lines tonight were:

” Not to talk because you are an idiot” ,

“90% of the stress is you and 10% is this airport”,

“You are evil”.

Hopefully her parents will have a word on the QT with her after they see this series. They should just refuse to pay for the big Greek wedding.

Conversely Mo and Mos are just delightful, and I was so glad they got through this leg even though they were carrying the 30 minute penalty.

They are hilarious they said ” I think the other teams think because we are fat we can’t run, and because we are muslims will have a hard time getting on planes. But I like to look at it as a positive”.

The teams had to travel from Lombok to Ho Chi Minh city where there were to go to Ho Chi Minh square and find a lady in a traditional Vietnamese hat who has a fan with their teams name on it.

Sam and Renae were the first out of the pitstop, and they went straight to a travel agent to book flights the whole way, ensuring they were in the first bunch to arrive in Vietnam.

I like them but they did crack me up when they said this with straight faces, “Modelling is a definite advantage, as everytime you are in the limelight you have to shine”. Having said that they are a strong team.

The Farmers thought you could get a bus to Ho Chi Minh city, and Richard the entrepreneur sounded like he was going to Ho Chi Minge city. In his dreams.

As Dave from the married bikers teams, was in the chaos of Denpasar airport from made an interesting point ” this not having any control over your life sucks big time”. I had never looked at the race with that perspective before. You are trapped in some sort of racing vortex.

The teams all flew in at different time, however due to poor weather all were on the same flight to Hue.

They then went to local garage for their next clue and boy there was a bit of rough behaviour around the clue box.

They had to pick an ex army jeep change the wheels and an oil change.

Jeff and Luke were the first to finish but then went with the wrong detour.

The choice between the detours were:

Carry fowl – to carry chickens to a market stall – heavy work, but fairly straight forward; or

Caribou which had to steer a caribou through a marked path until you find a flag. Unfortunately for a lot of teams their caribou were uncontrollable. Actually for all teams they were uncontrollable.

The teams that picked fowl detour finished quicker.

I did laugh when Mel said she didn’t know what a caribou was and was surprised it was an animal when she rocked up to the detour.

After finishing the detour first Nathan and Tyler arrived at the Roadblock at Khai Dinh Tomb.

The Roadblock was “Whose in line for a King’s ransom?” it was about finding coins and then putting them in order from first king to last. And that is where  it got tricky most teams had to go back to the other temple to get the order. Mo or Mos whoever did the roadblock (no I am not saying middle eastern men all look the same) were methodical and managed to get the order first go.

Anastasia was struggling but did not go back, and was in fact the first out of there. I think luck was involved.

Chris was proud of the fact that she might be crying up there because she was too scared to come down to tell him she could not do it. Seriously what a dick. At least with Joey and Richard they treat each other with respect.

Joey was struggling and was peeved Kelly wouldn’t help her, maybe Kelly just has good judgement of character. Kelly called them hard core.

Even though Chris and Anastasia left for the pit stop first they could not find it and were the third team to arrive, after the male models and the farmers.

Nathan and Tyler won two tickets to the grand final MCG, and a behind the scenes tour of the sports museum plus luxury accommodation and flights up to $5000. Ok it is not a trip to Costa Rica but then we are a much smaller market.

Mos and MO were fourth to the pitstop but incurred a 30 minute penalty, but they ended up being team number seven. These guys are going to be converting girls to islam.

As written above Richard and Joey are truly foul. Joey would still be back at the roadblock if Mel had not helped her out. They had no shame in overtaking them. In fact her conscience was clear in her mind by the end of the cab ride.

However it did not matter as siblings Ryot and Liberty were the last team to arrive and conversely the first team to be eliminated from The Amazing Race.

1 AnonyMousse { 05.23.11 at 11:37 pm }

I swear, if Joey and Richard win it all I will devote the next 40 years of my life to inventing a time machine and travelling back in time to tackle them before they reach the final finish line – only then would justice be served and the world made right. Still, they’ve essentially marked themselves as untrustworthy to all other competitors, so good luck to them on asking for another teamup. And double good luck if there’s a U-turn anywhere along the competition.

Perhaps Chris beat me to making that time machine, though, because his attitude towards women (and Anastasia’s too, actually) seem to have come straight out of the 1950s. (The biker’s comments of him being White Trash were harsh, but looking closer to the mark with each episode). Hopefully one of the female teams will be responsible for beating him to second-last place on an elimination round. Double points if it’s the Big W girls.

Speaking of which, I want some of what those Big W girls are on – the way they’re constantly giggling they must have access to the good stuff.

Anastasia must have had some method to her coin order – you only had a 1 in 5040 chance of picking it randomly (there’s more than one person on this blog that can pull out a calculator!).

(I think a lot more viewers would be excited over the idea of winning that Finals reward than seeing a team win their 4th trip to some tropical location, like we see in the American version).

2 Naomi { 05.24.11 at 12:56 am }

It was such a good episode.. I alternatively laughed and yelled at the television. I am really enjoying it the show and thoroughly entertained. Ditto to all the comments already said about the clueless greek couple and the psycho backstabbing motivational couple… Bring on next week! 😉

3 Shazza { 05.24.11 at 1:26 am }

Joey and Richard suck balls i hate them with a passion maybe their new mantra should be lie cheat & steal …. Kel is indeed a great judge of character that is why i am her best friend ! All the WA teams are doing great and are Hilarious ! also Mo & Mos make me laugh well done guys don’t care who wins as long as you all F up Joey & richard 😀

4 TMC { 05.24.11 at 7:03 am }

Ho Chi Minge city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty?

5 PollyB { 05.24.11 at 7:07 am }

This was a great episode. I cracked up all the way through. It is also good to see the open disdain for Joey & Richard. They are sooooo ugly. Not to mention Anastasia & her deadshit. They belong in the US version. Are there really 4 proud parents of these 2 somewhere on this planet? Unbelievable.

6 littlepetal { 05.24.11 at 7:18 am }

LOL when the farmers wanted to take the bus to Ho Chi Minh city. Really, really can’t stand Joey and Richard. They were not friendly to the other contestants. When Richard was waiting for Joey at the coin challenge, he didn’t cheer when other teams got it right. He was just standing there with an angry look.

R and J would have been eliminated if Mel didn’t help Joey. Need to take a deep breath watching the married entrepreneurs…..om….om…. om…..

Like the biker and his wife. Smart woman to see through Joey

7 Richard { 05.24.11 at 7:58 am }

I agree that Chris & Anastasia belong in the US version. Why do women put up with that sort of shit from their men? Is it a cultural thing with some ethnicities? Speaking of which, I am loving Mo & Mos – they are so funny!

8 sourkraut { 05.24.11 at 7:59 am }

Raver
For the second time… forget this crap… watch “an idiot abroad” instead. Last nights ep in India was utterly fascinating. real India not some bullshit tarted up tourist crap.
I saw something that made my eyes water!!! one of the Indian yogi guys did sometyhing utterly unbelievable with his male member which unfortunately will be burned indelibly in my memory for ever.
Check it out. you will be amazed by the power of yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 sourkraut { 05.24.11 at 8:04 am }

did not see the ep but your ref to caribou reminded me of some golden verse learned whilst playing “rugger” at uni. It went something like ” A bison or two , or the odd caribou….” with apologies to Eskimo Nell. No doubt Boner will remember the rest of the lines for me?

10 AnonyMousse { 05.24.11 at 8:18 am }

Forgot to add that the most important piece of drama of the show wasn’t resolved… did Mo/Mos get their two-colour pen back???

11 Culinary Boner { 05.24.11 at 9:32 am }

”Come on babe 105 push it”

Raver, I thought this was standard midwife talk instead one contraction 105.
Just imagine this pair turning childbirth into an extreme sport and an AnthonyRobbins-Nietzschean self improvement flagellation exercise, primarily for her of course, but he’d feel her pain. Post-event he’d probably get a tatt to celebrate his achievement and she’d get her clit pierced.

12 EH { 05.24.11 at 9:34 am }

This show is absolutely ace! The casting is brilliant. Mo and Mos are so likeable. We screamed with joy when they made it. Their lines are priceless. On top of the lines RR has hilighted, it was hilarious when Mos (or Mo?) whinged about Joey stealing his pen in the jeep.

I have never loved my Mondays so much!

13 Shelsta78 { 05.24.11 at 10:07 am }

My favourite things:
1)’he can lift heavy things but I doubt he can spell things’ RE: Chris
2)Big W Ladies help cards – classic
3) Mo & Mos with the Jeep & the lucky 2 pen
4) Joey getting pissy at Kelly

Grant seemed much more comfortable this week.

I am loving this show but will second the call for watching ‘An Idiot Abroad’ I’ve watched the series and have been left crying with laughter quite often. I can also recommend the Audio books that Ricky, Steve and Karl did just before the series started.

14 Kaylen { 05.24.11 at 10:20 am }

You know, I like Chris. I like looking at him – I mean, yummy. 😉

But hot damn, the moment he opens his mouth you just want to hit him. Or kick him in the groin. I’m not particular about which! 😛

Seriously, though; the attitudes of some of the contestants is worrying.

I am still loving the show, though. M&M and the Big W gals are the best!

15 bee { 05.24.11 at 10:36 am }

Seriously Kaylen? With his very small head and perchant for wearing bike pants :)? I thought he was having a major case of roid rage tonight.

I can’t decide if I dislike him or “focus, achieve, believe” or whatever more

16 saffronlie { 05.24.11 at 10:54 am }

Chris is just awful. Am waiting for him to hit Anastasia on camera. Wouldn’t be surprised if he did, although I guess it would be more surprising if they aired it. Anyway. Love Dave and Kelly, Dave has such a great matter-of-fact attitude. The Big W girls are awesome. I’m still laughing at the slogan shirts that Richard and Joey must have had made special. I love that they have no idea how ridiculous they seem.

17 Kacy { 05.24.11 at 11:05 am }

I can not stand Joey. She is so Try-hard & lame.
As for Chris he’d last 5 minutes with most women in Australia.
He actually is madly in love…..with himself.
She is an accessory. A pretty little thing to give shit too.
Back to that horrendous Joey.
Could she possibly end up as Australia’s most hated women.
She has a BAD attitude & not in the right way.
I think she is probably insanely insecure & the hatefulness & bitchness just spews forth from within.
How ’bout when she speaks to the Indonesians like a Moron.
CAN NOT STAND HER.
However Mo & Mos are adorable & the WA Model Girls humourous.
The bikers are good fun too, as are the BIG W ladies, all they do is laugh. Great veiwing,, but will literally kick the TV if that horrible Joey wins. DOG.

18 Chunks { 05.24.11 at 11:40 am }

I’m sure it’s just editing that’s making Joey, Richard and Chris look like total douchebags… really.

19 WJW { 05.24.11 at 12:05 pm }

Where does one start with Joey and Richard. Entrepreneurs? God forbid, who would do any business with these people after we all get to witness their self perceived prowess on reality TV. I loved how Joey could not solve the puzzle, probably because she did not understand what the word, “reign” meant, begged for assistance and then screwed over the lovely lady who helped her. They are always at the end of the field. Richards ability matches his receding hairline – in decline. I apprehend that reality TV will do these flawed people no good. Absolutely horrible.

20 Anonymous { 05.24.11 at 1:42 pm }

Agree Joey is an awful mole!!! … However, the WA Models shit me. Do they ever shut up about how hot they are? One of them has a face like a dropped pie. Anastasia needs to be slapped with the “I let my man have the final say” she deserves a partner like Chris. URGH!! Great show though. Totally hooked. GO THE COWBOYS!!

21 The Beancounter { 05.24.11 at 2:54 pm }

I love reading your posts… Just a minor thing. Last night’s challenge actually involved a “carabao” (a kind of water buffalo common in SE Asia). A caribou, on the hand, is a kind of reindeer found in colder parts of the golbe.

22 Shazza { 05.24.11 at 3:02 pm }

ANNONYMOUSSE , i have it on good authority from my best friend and Amazing Race contestant Kel that YES Mo & MOS did eventually get their lucky 2 pen back :)

23 littlepetal { 05.24.11 at 3:08 pm }

Shazza-Can you tell Kel that I love her for not helping Joey and I hope they are in the comp longer than Joey and Richard.

24 Phoebe { 05.25.11 at 11:03 pm }

You know what, in all fairness to Joey and Richard, it is a competition. A race. This is not a best-friend contest. The ultimate goal is to win. Many of you might not agree with this because of the conscience issue but hey, it’s good TV. You wouldn’t watch it if it’s pure racing and no drama… And at least Joey and Richard respect each other and that works in a relationship instead of Chris who has no respect at all for women. And Anastacia is a disgrace to all women kind.

25 Shazza { 05.26.11 at 12:00 am }

little petal ~ consider it done :) Phoebe good tv would be seeing Joey get a smack in the head you can race without being a mole ! Chris is a pig Anastasia is a bimbo if she is dumb enough to stay with him they deserve each other ! can’t wait for next Mondays adventures Joey and ritchie are GOING DOWN !!!

26 christ { 06.06.11 at 9:48 pm }

focus, believe, fail. lol, they lost!

27 littlepetal { 06.06.11 at 10:03 pm }

My best night of Amazing Race to see the baldies got eliminated. Didn’t expect it to happen but like Phoebe said this is a competition and because they are soo..not nice that they got the U-Turn. Even Mos and Mos said they never help them.

Will sleep well tonight

28 PollyB { 06.06.11 at 10:10 pm }

So glad Mos & Mo got through tonight. They have to get real now though. Things should start to heat up now.