Boston Rob Wins Survivor Redemption Island

Boston Rob after four attempts has finally won Survivor. It was his Everest. In a sense it was like taking candy from a baby aka his other tribe mates, as he went into the game knowing the physical and emotional stresses that would unfold, and how the game is played.

Having said that how stupid were his tribe not to put a target on his back, like the other team did to Russell. Once Rob got a foothold into the game he just gave a masterclass on how it should be played.

He made sure his tribe did not talk to the other tribe, and it was cult like how he controlled it, as was the Alpha male.

It was interesting that they showed Rob playing his hidden immunity idol but the editing it to insinuate he had told no one about it. However at the reunion show Natalie and Ashleigh said they knew he had it as he had told them.

During the last episode it did look like he was losing the plot a bit, very tired and rambling, but he pulled it together to ensure he did a strong last tribal council. Natalie floundered, and Special Agent Phillip was far to aggressive when criticised.

Boston Rob won all but one vote, and also the fan favourite, pipping out Matt who spent most of his time on Redemption Island.

One of the surprises of the Rob v Russell series was special agent Phillip. He was a lunatic, or was he just pretending to be for strategic purposes? I don’t think so he was cracker jack. But the most disturbing thing was he has bred. He has a 16 year old son!

Unfortunately Jeff Probst has not updated his blog posts to include the last episode.

If you want to listen to an interview with Rob, Phillip or Natalie check out the podcasts on the BBM Website.

Oh and by the way how embarrassing was David’s marriage proposal to that other Survivor Tocantins girl. She was cringing and I bet she really wanted to say no.

1 PollyB { 05.25.11 at 7:02 am }

Even though I don’t like him, he deserved to win over those fools. The last few episodes I thought Phillip was putting on the crazy, but the way he responded in final tribal, no way was he pretending! Don’t understand the point of editing out that others knew Rob had the idol. I mean they didn’t show anyone else trying to find it. These last 3 series are the only ones I’ve watched in entirety, not sure I’ll go back.

2 Darryl { 05.25.11 at 7:54 am }

so disappointed with those three dumb girls not banding together to get rid of Rob at final 3

3 Izobel2 { 05.25.11 at 9:43 am }

Agree with you PollyB. Rob totally deserved to win over everyone else that season. It’s not like he needs the cash though, it’s a pride thing I reckon. I was wondering why no-one ever discussed the missing idol… And agree Darryl, the stick insects had their chance to get rid of Rob, and they didn’t, so sucked in. And yes Phillip wasn’t putting on no crazy, he’s just weird! He totally sucked at the Jury interrogation, as did Natalie and her “hee hee, I’m young, and I’m like a girl, and if I win I’m like the youngest girl ever”… And she kept looking over at Rob every 2 milliseconds…. And RR, again you call David Derek!! Ooooh it was real awkward that he proposed… wonder how long him and Tocantins have been dating, 5 mins probably. Overall I really enjoyed the season. Haven’t seen the very end where they say where they’re going next and with whom. Anyone see that bit?

4 Darryl { 05.25.11 at 10:33 am }

They are doing the next 2 series in Samoa (again). Next one is Redemption Island with 2 returning players as well

5 sourkraut { 05.25.11 at 10:34 am }

MEH
I sincerely hoped Phil would win but his social game was shit. The bimbo was useless so that only left snot blob by default. My detestation of Ashleigh was even greater than my loathing of SBR so I found myself actually barracking for the loud mouthed, arrogant, sleazy, manipulative, lying, greedy, egotistical, clown at the last moonitty contest!
Absolutely LOVED the way Phil told Ashley to get stuffed at the jury .. Classic. He knew he would lose so to get that in on international tv would have been ALMOST as satisfying as winning the dough.
Ho Ho to the other tribe who threw a cotest to get rid of Evil Russell. That sure backfired as they hardly won a contest after that and got picked off one by one.
The end result just confirms all my opinions

6 Wurstsemmel { 05.25.11 at 10:36 am }

Boston Rob deserved the win. I love BR so was very happy to see this….I’m sure Evil Russell is going to get dragged out again though…the marriage proposal was cringe worthy. I can’t see that wedding going ahead.

7 Lyn { 05.25.11 at 10:56 am }

Three cheers for Boston Rob!

8 Izobel2 { 05.25.11 at 10:57 am }

I know Sour, Ashley thought she could just say to Phillip “you have to listen and not speak” and he was not going to have a bar of that!! Very funny indeed! I reckon we’ll see Evil Russell again. It was satisfying seeing him at the finale stating how dumb his tribe were for voting them off and then seeing them die one by one! And Wurstsemmel I don’t see that wedding proposal getting past the drive home!

9 sourkraut { 05.25.11 at 11:00 am }

Dunno why I keep getting sucked in to watch this entosherated excrement. Obviously past my use by date!
7 out of ten of the past winners I have detested with a passion. The ones I like always seem to get the arse early, based on their inability to sleaze.

10 TMC { 05.25.11 at 12:01 pm }

Is it me, or doe some of the contestants look better when playing the game then when all dressed up. Particualrly Natalie

11 Izobel2 { 05.25.11 at 12:16 pm }

TMC I’ll vote for that! I reckon Grant looked better before, but still looked hot last night… I’m hoping they bring a “siblings of Survivor Season”… Colby Donaldson’s brother Reed and Matt’s gorgeous brother from this season!!
PS Thanks Darryl for the update. I’m guessing they didn’t say who the 2 past returning Survivors were? How about many seasons ago there was this annoying old lady that came over on the boat singing “We’re From Survivor Land!!!!” and she apparently had a million other tunes and they had to vote someone off in the first five seconds and they voted her off!! Maybe it’s her returning!! Or maybe Dave from this seaoson with his Tocantins “fiance’!!

12 TMC { 05.25.11 at 12:22 pm }

The marriage proposal I missed, but surprises me, as I would of expected there was a bigger chance of David getting on his knees and giving Boston Rob a knob polishing.

Boston Rob played the perfect game, but he was also in a perfect storm for it to all fall into place

13 Sares { 05.25.11 at 12:25 pm }

haha i burst out laughing when i saw that chicks face when David got on one knee to propose… she had an ‘oh gawd noooooo’ look! :)

14 Darryl { 05.25.11 at 1:07 pm }

Aggie Gray Resort in Samoa has no vacancies between May 16 and September 16 so probably filing soon. Appartently they were going to Tonga but negotiations broke down. No word on returning contestants yet

15 Reality Raver { 05.25.11 at 1:21 pm }

Oh God anyone want to fly to Samoa and stalk Jeff Probst?

Sourkraut – LMAO at your comment about Phillip telling off Ashleigh.

Also guys I am looking around for upcoming Survivor gossip and will have a blog post up soon.

Izobel2 – what was with Grant’s amish outfit.

TMC – I always think the girls look far more attractive natural without the make up plastered over them.

16 sourkraut { 05.25.11 at 1:31 pm }

Raver
Have to disagree about the girls looks (at least in one case).
My darling Blonde Natalie looked ABSOLUTELY SMOKIN HOT at the reunion in the year she outwitted Evil Russell

17 Izobel2 { 05.25.11 at 1:57 pm }

Geez Sour I’ve been waiting for you to slip in a comment about your darling Natalie!!!!

18 Sourkraut { 05.25.11 at 5:15 pm }

Iz 2
You know me….a real gentleman….ever ready to oblige!

19 TMC { 05.25.11 at 5:28 pm }

I’d love to see Sourkrauts livingroom,
I’m imagining a life size cutout of natalie, next to a wall of photographs he has printed off from the interweb. Replica clothes of what she wore on Survivor, which are worn while watching current episodes of Survivor. A dart board with the faces of all those who have illed her. And a cat, called Natalie.

20 PollyB { 05.25.11 at 10:19 pm }

Just watched the reunion show. A nation of shameless god-fearin’ war mongerin’ hypocrites.

21 sourkraut { 05.26.11 at 8:33 am }

TMC
You forgot about the blow up doll as well.
Thanks for the idea of the dart board.. watch out snotblob, duzwhine and perverti.
BTW do you also imagine all the drooling girlies that communicate here with similar things in their rooms for snot blob?

22 TMC { 05.28.11 at 8:06 am }

SnotBlobbers – Would have first a Boston Redsox hat.
They would also have a Dildo, which is red branded by said Redsox, the Red Butt Plug come complimentry with it.
They would only go out with men who have pubic type hair moustaches, that are called Rob, thier favourite artist is Boston and when not watching Survivor thier fav show is Boston Legal