Andrew From Masterchef May Not Be Happy With TV Week

A sharp eyed reader contacted me to point out an anomaly in last week’s TV Week. There was an article about some of the Masterchef Australia’s contestant’s love lives and there was a blurb about Billy Law, the NSW foodblogger and Craig Young, the Qld musician.

In the story it said how Craig had to face the massive hurdle of leaving his wife after realising he was gay.

Craig has been with his current partner for six years.

However the picture with the story had a photo of Andrew the now eliminated contestant from Port Lincoln. I hope Andrew thinks there is not anything wrong with that.

1 Jess { 06.13.11 at 8:39 pm }

Aw, haha. Poor Andrew.
That reminds me of a Belgian (I think?) magazine that once ran a piece on Kim Jong-il’s son a few years ago. This being before the kid’s recent ascent to fame, there weren’t many photos of him around. The article ended touting a South Korean, bubblegum pop, boy band member as the heir to the North Korean presidency.

Gay Malaysians do seem to be overrepresented on the show, though…
I mean, Malaysian contestants are overrepresented in themselves, but what are the chances of getting all the gay ones? ; )

2 Alex { 06.13.11 at 8:51 pm }

He should be happy that he was mistaken for someone who can cook…

3 Reality Raver { 06.13.11 at 8:52 pm }

Alex – Hilarious.

Jess – who is the other gay malaysian cooks?

4 littlepetal { 06.13.11 at 10:27 pm }

RR – How can you forget Alvin for Series 2? Malaysians men don’t cook only the gays one do !!!! Only joking but I can say that as I am/was a Malaysian but I am not gay, so can’t cook !!!!

5 littlepetal { 06.13.11 at 10:28 pm }

I just remember, isn’t Peter a gay too. 3 gays in one show

6 Pollywaffle { 06.13.11 at 11:01 pm }

Andrew’s sure glad Australia saw he was welcomed home by pussy

7 brain dead dave { 06.13.11 at 11:07 pm }

Craig did seem to have some problems with his mincing tonight.

8 davsimp { 06.13.11 at 11:08 pm }

ROFLMAO x 1000. That’s hilarious!! I was always getting Andrew and Craig mixed up anyway.

9 littlepetal { 06.13.11 at 11:11 pm }

So can Craig goes back to his wife now as his identity been taken by Andrew?

10 Chunks { 06.13.11 at 11:18 pm }

Still hoping to hear Hayden is gay and doing a centrefold in DNA magazine.

11 AnonyMousse { 06.13.11 at 11:31 pm }

I don’t care who or what my cook’s sexually attracted to, as long as they actually can cook. Unless, you know, you’re attracted to crustaceans or something – in that case I wouldn’t be ordering seafood from your restaurant.

12 EH { 06.13.11 at 11:41 pm }

@ littlepetal: There is at least one straight Malaysian guy who can cook – Adam. Last year winner. lol!!

13 EH { 06.13.11 at 11:52 pm }

Another mix up!! This time housewife Rachel is a professional lifeguard. Totally ROFL!!!!

14 CG { 06.14.11 at 9:33 am }

EH: Are we sure Adam (from last year) is straight. Is his Japanese girlfriend still on the scene. And he seems to spend an awful lot of time with Callum :-). I couldn’t care less if he is straight, gay or bi but detest when PR types try to disguise someone’s sexual identity because they think it will be good for business. Many, many examples of this.

15 TMC { 06.14.11 at 9:48 am }

I must say the Gaysian community are starting to represnt on many a reality Show

16 donae { 06.14.11 at 10:59 am }

Has anyone told Sun, last night from the the balcony she used the words
‘babe’ and ‘sweetie’ when advising Craig and gave him a big big hug when he got back. All those flames have confused everybody.