Masterchef Australia – Heston Blummenthal Elimination Episode
How many times do you think they shot the opening introduction to ensure that Heston Blummenthal got that rock star welcome in this elimination episode of Masterchef Australia? I am surprised they didn’t ask someone to faint.
Though Shannon was fanning herself and getting very flushed, but hell so would have 50% of the women in Australia.
Just a few quick comments on the episode which was interesting to watch but not a lot of drama as such:
- I like Kate but she did make one of the dumbest comments of the night. “You can’t help feel a bit worried about what the outcome will be today” said Kate. Um someone will be eliminated as it is an elimination challenge….
- The dish was burger, fries and milkshake, and they all looked delicious. They needed to make bun, patty, ketchup and cheese. The milkshake had to be a flavour of their own choosing. The challenge was for 3 hours and 15 minutes;
- Rachael started with her bun mix rather than her meat mix as Heston advised. She was confused and said she thought the meat needed to be cold before mincing it. After a tickle up by Heston she decided to try and do the bread mix and meat at the same time. This was just the first of many brain implosions from her this episode;
- Rachael then put all the meat together when she should have kept the chuck separate. They got her more meat. Much teeth gnashing from Cleo at home about that one I am sure;
- When Michael put his beef in the fridge there looked like another meat package in there. Was this Heston’s or someone elses?
- I thought it was disrespectful that George asked Heston for his glasses and it wasn’t funny is psuedo clown impersonation;
- Rachael continued to implode over cooling her cheese, over reducing the tomato ketchup;
- She kept it together until the end she knew she was done and broke down in tears;
- I was actually quite touched by Michael’s response when he was talking about the lime milkshake, yes I know it is always handy to have a sob story, particularly when you are on the ropes, but his story was appropriate as it related to the drink, and his dish was the best of the day;
- I noted they have to give the milkshake to George last as he double dips;
- Craig used two buns instead of just halving one bun, now that would have been embarrassing;
- However as Rachael admitted herself she knew she was a goner.