Mat Beyer – Missing In Action?

The Masterchef man of the moment Mat Beyer appears to have gone off the radar.

Everyone is trying to find him to get his side of the story in this whole fiasco.

However he has not turned up at work, or is at his home, nor at this parents.

Where is this man of mystery? Hopefully we will get to see him soon.

1 Culinary Boner { 06.16.11 at 5:12 pm }

I know we have all been taking the piss on his situation and greasy hair etc… but hopefully he’s okay and just gone off air for privacy, or to play the hide the sausage with a girlfriend or such like.

2 Culinary Boner { 06.16.11 at 5:13 pm }

better still for him financially, perhaps he’s holed up with Max Markson?

3 ExEssex { 06.16.11 at 5:53 pm }

Poor bugger. He fucked up, but it wasn’t the end of the world. At least he will be remembered! Maybe he could become a stunt double for Chris B (season 1) Has anyone ever seen these two in the same room at the same time???

4 auds { 06.16.11 at 8:01 pm }

LOL….. He has probably taken off for a few days to avoid the media. Then he will come out and sell his story to New Idea for $100,000.

Who says hes not a winner?

5 TMC { 06.16.11 at 8:14 pm }

I heard he was in a cave with Altiyan Childs

6 Emma { 06.16.11 at 8:49 pm }

I hope he’s ok! We all stuff things up but rarely with media interference, I feel bad for him.

7 Izobel2 { 06.16.11 at 10:55 pm }

Very funny TMC!!!!!!

8 skye { 06.16.11 at 11:08 pm }

Redemption Island?

9 EH { 06.17.11 at 8:55 am }

My bet is that CH 10 has kept him in a safe house so he can’t talk to any media until the episode is aired. Keep the suspense and keep us watching.

10 TMC { 06.17.11 at 9:29 am }

I see his Blog twitter account is by application only, any one got any access to see if there was any movment in it recently?

11 Emma { 06.17.11 at 10:53 am }

What EH said .. now that I think about it I think it could be intentional … Masterchef don’t want any bad publicity or distractions at this point so maybe he’s been paid to go away somewhere for a while.

12 davsimp { 06.17.11 at 11:48 am }

IF he was really MISSING, surely there would be a missing persons report on him or something. We don’t even know if his parents are concerned, just that they haven’t heard from him. Big deal, like auds said “he has probably taken off for a few days to avoid the media. Then he will come out and sell his story to New Idea for $100,000”.

How did this “story” get leaked anyway, and why at that particular time? Too much speculation going on. For all we really know he could still be in the house sans smartphone. Pissed off we have to wait a month to find out what is really going on though.

13 Reality Raver { 06.17.11 at 11:53 am }

I doubt he will be able to sell his story for money as at this stage, as he is still under his Masterchef contract. Where I think one of the clauses you can only do publicity with Channel ten or Fremantles approval. I could be wrong, but I know in the past when I have tried to get interview with contestants they have been unable to agree without Channel ten sign off.

14 littlepetal { 06.17.11 at 12:11 pm }

Before the story broke, someone mentioned that he has been seen at least once a week at a supermarket for the past 3 weeks. Channel Ten must have asked him to lay low. Of course he will be compensated for the inconvenience.

15 davsimp { 06.17.11 at 12:26 pm }

Yeh RR, I didn’t mean straight away, but IF we see his SUDDEN exit on the show in a few weeks then he will be free to tell his side of the story I guess. My questions are, how did the story get leaked? And why at that particular time?

Also, IF he got booted for using his phone, why was he seen out and about at Melbourne food and wine show and working at that restaurant in Melbourne etc? Surely they would have tried to keep him and the story under wraps until the episode was shown. Something suss going on and I am far from a conspiracy theorist.

16 littlepetal { 06.19.11 at 10:44 am }

In the papers today:

MASTERCHEF’S Mat Beyer has been locked in a motel by the show’s producers in a bid to gag him about being kicked off the hit show for using a smartphone.

The 24-year-old was booted off MasterChef nearly three weeks ago after being caught with a smartphone on set.

But his father, Michael Beyer, told The Sunday Telegraph his son was no cheat, and had been unable to clear his name because the producers, FremantleMedia Australia, had silenced him.

“He has been told not to say anything so they must have something in the wings or want to boost their ratings in some way,” Mr Beyer said

“They’ve got him holed up in a motel room somewhere – and I can only talk to him when he rings.”

The phone was discovered following a challenge in which contestants’ cookbooks were taken away. Producers feared he had been using the phone to secretly access recipes.

But Mr Beyer blamed a Channel 10 ratings grab for his son being unfairly cast as a villain following his shock exit from the series.

“I can tell you now he did not cheat and he was not using his phone to access recipes or anything like that,” Mr Beyer insisted.

“He just made an error of judgment in taking a phone into the kitchen.”

Mr Beyer said a search of Mat’s mobile phone logs by the producers had already proven that his son was not using the phone to cheat.

And he said a contract that banned his son from speaking to members of the media was preventing Mat from publicly clearing his name.

Beyer will continue to appear on the show for the next three weeks before an eliminated contestant will replace him. It is the second time the show has been embroiled in a mobile-phone controversy.

In 2009, a former girlfriend of Fitzroy contestant Chris Badenoch claimed the Melbourne contestant had used his mobile phone to cheat on the show.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/mat-locked-in-motel-after-masterchef-axing-for-using-smartphone/story-e6frfmyi-1226077844921#ixzz1Pg79AXKO