The Block Starts Monday 20 June – A Few Twists Already
The Block is the first of the renovation design show to kick off this year, and they appear to have made some changes to the format.
The first it will be in Melbourne for the first time, and they will be renovating houses.
The more interesting twist is there will be eight couples to start with, and four will be eliminated to leave four to enter “The Block”.
The contestants are:
• Newlyweds Chris and Carrie (both 27) from Sydney, NSW
• Childhood sweethearts Tania (39) and Rod (38) from Warragul, VIC
• Lovebirds Jenna (23) and Josh (24) from Melbourne, VIC
• Husband and wife Chrissy (30) and Toby (32) from the Sunshine Coast, QLD
• Tradie and his lady Aaron (27) and Shannon (31) from Perth, WA
• City girl Polly (24) and country boy Waz (27) from Sydney, NSW
• Sisters Katrina (33) and Amie (31) from Wagga Wagga and Albury, NSW
• Twins Laura and Emily (25) from Melbourne, VIC
Scott Cam is the host host, with real estate guru John McGrath and Belle Magazine Editor-in-Chief Neale Whitaker back to judge. However this year they will be joined by Shelley Craft, who will be a challenge master, she will put the couples through their paces in a series of renovation-based cash and prize-winning challenges.
I will be doing recaps of the show so come and join the discussion here.
The Block starts on Channel 9 on Monday 20 June at 7.00pm.