The Block Starts Monday 20 June – A Few Twists Already

The Block is the first of the renovation design show to kick off this year, and they appear to have made some changes to the format.

The first it will be in Melbourne for the first time, and they will be renovating houses.

The more interesting twist is there will be eight couples to start with, and four will be eliminated to leave four to enter “The Block”.

The contestants are:

They are:

• Newlyweds Chris and Carrie (both 27) from Sydney, NSW

• Childhood sweethearts Tania (39) and Rod (38) from Warragul, VIC

• Lovebirds Jenna (23) and Josh (24) from Melbourne, VIC

• Husband and wife Chrissy (30) and Toby (32) from the Sunshine Coast, QLD

• Tradie and his lady Aaron (27) and Shannon (31) from Perth, WA

• City girl Polly (24) and country boy Waz (27) from Sydney, NSW

• Sisters Katrina (33) and Amie (31) from Wagga Wagga and Albury, NSW

• Twins Laura and Emily (25) from Melbourne, VIC

Scott Cam is the host host, with real estate guru John McGrath and Belle Magazine Editor-in-Chief Neale Whitaker back to judge. However this year they will be joined by Shelley Craft, who will be a challenge master,  she will put the couples through their paces in a series of renovation-based cash and prize-winning challenges.

I will be doing recaps of the show so come and join the discussion here.

The Block starts on Channel 9 on Monday 20 June at 7.00pm.

1 Miss Piggy (MelbaToast) { 06.17.11 at 11:47 am }

Oh noes, is this going to class with masterchef, or just go for 30 minutes each time. My foxtel IQ is going to explode if I add anything more to its lineup.

2 Wurstsemmel { 06.17.11 at 5:05 pm }

Scott Cam was bad enough.. but then Shelley Craft?

Nope, I can’t take it.

3 bella vita { 06.17.11 at 7:22 pm }

Nine obviously had nowhere else for Shelley Craft and probably trying to get some monies worth for her contract.

She is bland, boring, terribly over-rated….fits in well with Scott Bland…I mean Cam

My guess is that Scott had a 2 year contract and rather than axe him completely they are trying to save the hosting with Shelley. Big mistake. Is there anyone in tv land who actually think she’s talented? Didnt she start on Agro?

4 PollyB { 06.17.11 at 8:06 pm }

Miss Piggy, my IQ is gonna burst too!
Wurstsemmel & bella vita – Agree wholeheartedly about Scott Bland and Shelley Craft. I cannot stand her. I will have to watch this but betting the IQ ffwd will be getting a hefty workout.

5 Reality Raver { 06.17.11 at 8:47 pm }

30 minute eps nice little lead in to MC

6 Reality Raver { 06.17.11 at 9:39 pm }

Sorry wrong hour episodes. so taping is required of MC, but then with all the ads you would pretty much catch up with MC

7 brain dead dave { 06.19.11 at 6:11 pm }

Scotty Cam five nights a week. That’s enough to do my block in.

8 frano { 07.01.11 at 11:45 pm }

Can’t they just renovate and stop playing stupid games and challenges. I just want to see some actual renovating work get done! No crazy twists and turns, no looking for little red houses, no wasting time building a little wall and hanging up pictures. Just good old roll up your sleeves hard renovating WORK!!

9 polly and waz cheat { 07.07.11 at 7:57 pm }

Did anyone just realise that Polly and Waz were just cheating in that challenge? Waz looked of the card after the host repeatedly told them not to look at the card !cheaters !

10 Pam { 07.20.11 at 7:49 pm }

I say, kick the spoiled brats ( Josh Jenna) off the show!!!! No respect!!! Really rude how Josh was to the Forman…. Fire them from the block!!!