The Block – It Was Like Lambs To Slaughter

It took all of five minutes into the episode to realise twins Laura and Emily would not win against Katrina and Amie, as they had no renovating experience whatsoever.

Other applicants who applied must have been extremely peeved when they saw this episode, particularly when it was revealed the twins had not even painted a room before. In fact one of them couldn’t even work out how to use a paint roller. Scott Cam stepped in and gave her the paint roller lesson 101. If it had been any of the Masterchef judges they would have also given her a comforting hug as well, but Scott Cam is far to professional for that. And yes that is a positive thing.

However this article on NINE MSN states they may have gone on the show to try and get their own reality show. They think they might be the new Kardashians!

Sorry to burst their bubble, but their presence on camera was not that charismatic, nor were their to camera pieces. However they should know Kim Kardashian got her own reality show after a sex tape she went in went viral.

So girls you now know what you have got to do if you want your own show…..

Oh but happy to put said tape up on my blog if they think it would help.

Anyway Katrina and Amie did a much better room, but I see the girls struggling on The Block, unfortunately having a tradie partner makes a big difference in what you can and can’t do. But good luck to them I wouldn’t mind seeing those girls kick some arse, and that turquoise not green couch was fabulous.

1 Mia { 06.24.11 at 10:56 am }

Loved Katrina. She’ll make good viewing.

2 AngelSN86 { 06.24.11 at 11:12 am }

My boyfriend and a few other guys on Twitter seemed to prefer the twins. I actually preferred their room over Katrina and Amie’s. Despite the lack of experience and all. The twins would’ve been funnier though on the show, lol. They had enough trouble doing that little room, can you imagine them doing a whole house? One issue I can foresee with Katrina and Amie is a potential budget blow-out. They seemed to be too blase about buying an item (as lovely as that couch was) that basically blew their budget. They did get lucky being able to buy the $2 shop stuff but thats not gunna cut it in the actual competition. Not having a tv and stuff like that will cost them. I was kind of shocked to see them win, with no TV and that horrific window ‘treatment’.

Interesting that both the teams that used a tradie didn’t win, despite saying it wasn’t a breach of the rules or anything.

3 seepi { 06.24.11 at 11:16 am }

I actually liked the twins’ room to. Very cozy. They were a bit rabbit-in-the-headlights tho.

I loved the turquoie couch and cowskin rug, and the bookshelves, but throught the rest of the stuff in th room was bitsy and annoying. A nice yellow lamp and bronze sometings would’ve done it. The exit sign was distracting, and the plastic clocks were tacky and the rest of the stuff was just excessive and bitsy.

The dark haired sister seemed familiar, but I guess she cant have been on telly before if they are from whoop whoop.

4 Heléna { 06.24.11 at 11:42 am }

I thought the twins were fantastic, made for very funny viewing and I preferred their room too – but it was very safe

I agree though that anyone who sent in a tape and actually had an idea would have been annoyed that the twins made it through

5 Tracy { 06.24.11 at 1:16 pm }

The twins’ room was ok, but I thought it was pretty boring and didn’t really show much creativity. It was just ‘nice’ and middle of the road. I thought the other room had more potential, even though it probably didn’t quite get to where it should have. All in all thought last night was the weakest night I saw (I didn’t watch Tuesday night’s ep, so don’t know about that one). I hope the sisters do well, but I think they’ll struggle too. That couch was pretty gorgeous.

6 brain dead dave { 06.24.11 at 5:00 pm }

Yes,Scotty is going as flash as a rat with a gold tooth so far this year.
He may be many things but going the grope isn’t his caper.

7 Wurstsemmel { 06.24.11 at 5:46 pm }

What a joke this episode was. A team who couldn’t even work out how to use a paint roller?

These two were the weakest teams by far, although I liked the non-twin sisters and, yes, the dark haired sister looked familiar to me too…perhaps a touch of the Courtney Cox?

Sorry, anticipating disappointment and hankering back to the original Block days. I seem to be on a Reality TV diet….quit Masterchef, will most likely quit the Block…..

8 AnonyMiss { 06.24.11 at 7:02 pm }

I thought the dark haired sister looks a bit like Jane Hall (Rebecca in Neighbours).

9 nittywitty { 06.25.11 at 4:28 am }

Loved the twins room. At the end of the day that type of decor does sell houses. Have seen it work at many auctions and sales as opposed to the so called eclectic look for want of a better word. Judging by the photos of the finished facade of the sisters house. YUK YUK and more YUK. They seemed to go out of their way to make a potentially pretty house look ugly. No surprise to me.