Manu Feildel To Host A Dinner Dating Show

Channel Seven thinks you cannot get enough of Manu Feildel as he will be hosting a new show called Dinner Date. It merges two reality genres, cooking and dating. Yes my eyebrows are raised.

The article in the Herald Sun states:

Playing on his cooking skills and French way with the ladies, Feildel will host Dinner Date, Seven’s new cooking-meets-dating series.

Marrying a Perfect Match set-up with our current obsession for food TV, the show introduces one single to five suitors, offering three-course menus to earn a date.

Three are chosen to cook for the lucky guy or girl, with the potential for love or indigestion. Just don’t expect Feildel to play cupid.

“I’m not naked with arrows and wings in my back … that would be cute though,” he said, laughing.

Channel Seven have had the golden touch with reality shows lately, but I must confess I will have to wait and see this before I get too excited about it.

I suspect the ladies who apply for the show will be hoping for a date with Manu rather than the single guys.

1 skye { 06.25.11 at 6:51 pm }

That sounds terrible. On par with that one where people had to go around Chadstone or wherever and buy things for their potential date. I think it used to screen at about 1 am.

Bring back Studs, I say!

2 Injera { 06.25.11 at 6:56 pm }

“I’m not naked with arrows and wings in my back … that would be cute though.”

Ugh. I think that has put me off my dinner!

@Skye – STUDS! I’d forgotten about that…

3 brain dead dave { 06.25.11 at 7:57 pm }

Methinks this freelancing frog is getting too kitsch and not enough kitchen.

He’s good on MKR but he’s going to burn out like a forgotten roast.

Next he’ll be selling mops on the morning show.

4 Sue { 06.25.11 at 8:09 pm }

Ugh. Why do people like Manu? He’s not good looking, he’s arrogant as hell, and he’s like Channel 7’s version of Eddie Everywhere at the moment. I’d have to be PAID to go on a date with him! Oh and the show sounds tacky.

Wow that was scathing wasn’t it? LOL!

5 Mia { 06.25.11 at 8:53 pm }

This show sounds like a cheesy trainwreck waiting to happen, and certainly won’t do Manu’s career any favours. But then, I love cheesy, trainwreck telly, and Manu, so I’ll undoubtedly be glued to it.

If Channel 7 are that hard up for trashy, light entertainment program ideas they should consider resurrecting Man O Man. They’ve still got the pool (it’s under the DWTS dancefloor, I believe).

6 librarygirl { 06.25.11 at 8:58 pm }

oh yuck.

7 Predictable { 06.26.11 at 10:19 am }

Oh how predictable. There could have been only one reason why Channel 7 has had DWTS shoving Manu down our throats ad nauseum….it certainly hasn’t been for his dancing. And how anyone finds this pudgy frenchman sexy is a mystery to me. But to each their own. The show sounds awful.

8 Kaylen { 06.26.11 at 11:42 am }

A lot of people doubted Four Weddings, when it was announced. Yet that turned out to be a surprise hit.

As I’ve heard some suggest, if they couple this show with the above and show them back to back? Demographic ratings winner, I think.

Still a terrible idea, and you wouldn’t catch me anywhere near those types of shows. But others like them, so good on ch7 for trying. We would be complaining if they didn’t, at least. 😉

9 Wurstsemmel { 06.26.11 at 2:33 pm }

Brand Manu is plummeting inversely to his ego.

DWTS made me realise Manu was only sexy in the context of food and the more he reveals himself in shows like this and DWTS, the less I give a fig.

Is he so desperate for the tv career that anything goes?

10 brain dead dave { 06.26.11 at 3:28 pm }

Kochie should be watching his back lest we could be watching Frogri$e soon….then again Manu could turn up at Summer Bay, looking to open a cheese factory and having a tilt at a gold Logie.

“Here’s Manu with this weeks X Lotto draw!”

“Manu – Hog Whisperer”

11 Sandra Cruz { 06.26.11 at 4:37 pm }

I want to enter the show??xx

12 Culinary Boner { 06.27.11 at 9:06 am }

All those Menage body-balm fumes steaming off Manu’s hirsute chest are obviously taking their toll.

13 brain dead dave { 06.27.11 at 2:55 pm }

“Dinner Date”. How did 7 ever come up with a brilliant title like that?

How about “Beige, Contrived Trash”?

14 Pollywaffle { 06.27.11 at 2:59 pm }

Theres always a role on Friday Nights for Manu’s Merde Mystery

15 brain dead dave { 06.27.11 at 3:21 pm }

Lol,Pollywaffle.

Soon he’ll be releasing his own “frogrance”.

“Zits in ze kitchen are not sexeee…zat’s why je usee ze Proactiv*!

16 Wurstsemmel { 06.28.11 at 9:59 am }