Masterchef Odds – For The Top Ten

Paul has kindly done the odds again for this week. He is flabbergasted that Sun is still in the competition. But all you have to do is avoid being the worst at this stage. However at least Sun gives good grabs to camera.

Over to Paul:

Well, we are down to the business end of the season now with two of the least favoured contestants getting eliminated this week.

For the first time, I have Michael losing favouritism. Whilst he probably does have the most ability he just seems a touch flaky under high pressure individual challengers.

Kate is one of the big movers and she seems to be getting stronger each week. Alana & Hayden deserve favouritism as both are probably mentally the strongest and coming from a reasonably elite sporting background understand what is needed in the heat of battle.

I know Dani might not be the favourite contestant for some but to be honest she hasn’t really put a foot wrong the last 3 weeks and is starting to emerge as a strong contestant.

And I still don’t understand how Sun is in the competition !!!!!

$3.75 : Alana

$4.00 : Haydon

$5.50 : Michael

$6.00 : Kate

$12.00 : Billy, Dani

$15.00 : Peter

$21.00 : Ellie

$61.00 : Mat

$81.00 : Sun

1 lassescookTV { 07.02.11 at 10:06 am }

I don’t get the whole thing with Alana being most likely to win and Sun being least likely. This isn’t Big Brother…

2 smauge { 07.02.11 at 11:07 am }

If Dani is still in it, it is Big Brother.

3 JRuth { 07.02.11 at 1:08 pm }

I pretty much agree, although I’d put Kate where Michael is on $5.50 and put Michael back to $12 with Billy and Dani…

4 brain dead dave { 07.02.11 at 1:20 pm }

“And I still don’t understand how Sun is in the competition !!!!!’

That’s because it’s not a competition.

Smauge is right..it’s Big Brother with food.

Julie Goodwin and Adam Liaw didn’t come from elite sporting backgrounds,as far as I know.

5 AnnyB { 07.02.11 at 1:58 pm }

I don’t know if it has already been commented on but, Emma, that was a good piece from you on ACA last night. You really looked and sounded great.

6 Sooty { 07.02.11 at 2:13 pm }

What’s so bad about Sun’s cooking?? I’ve not seen much of it as she’s in the middle of the pack most eps where they have a tope three and a bottom three. So how is people can judge her as such a terrible cook who shouldn’t be there – or is it because they don’t like her personality or her crinkly hair?

7 brain dead dave { 07.02.11 at 2:31 pm }

There’s every chance that Sun’s time as a Hare Krishna has made her as mentally tough ,if not tougher than the other peanuts.

Has she gone the blub yet? I don’t recall. Or have the editing nazis not shown it? She gets a tick from me for not bawling.

8 smauge { 07.02.11 at 2:39 pm }

Aw did Imiss you on TV again?? You really have to give us a heads up on that!

9 Paul { 07.02.11 at 3:00 pm }

Hi sooty – just got to judge her on what she’s done so far. She seems to be the weak link in every group challenge and I haven’t really seen her produce anything outstanding either.

Have nothing against her personality. She seems to be quite a nice person from what I can tell.

10 EH { 07.02.11 at 4:22 pm }

Big brother with food! Good one BDD! If this is the case, Hayden and Dani in final 2…. and Hayden will win.

11 brain dead dave { 07.02.11 at 7:32 pm }

Instead of Friday Night Games there’s the innovative Ma$terclass, basically a junket for George and Gary’s families to ride the gravy train while the contestants catch up on some sleep.

Spoiler: Next Friday’s Ma$terclass will be given by George’s dog.”How to steal and bury food”

12 davsimp { 07.02.11 at 7:55 pm }

Paul, yes, I pretty much agree with this lot of odds, except I would probably lump Kate, Michael and Peter in together at this stage.

I agree BDD, I used to watch the masterclass for some cooking tips but they are boring this year, and are just advertisements now, whether it be for cooking appliances or even other countries. I can’t get half way through now without switching off.

13 Jo { 07.02.11 at 9:03 pm }

I’m surprised that you’ve put Alana at such short odds – she never seemed that outstanding to me. Hayden’s also gone to longer odds for mine since he used his immunity pin. I agree about Sun, though – she seemed very middle of the pack so I’m surprised she’s made the top 10.

I would put money on Kate. It depends whether the producers want another mum to win it, though.

14 Reality Raver { 07.02.11 at 11:15 pm }

Jo – they are giving Kate a lot of air time, as they do Ellie, Dani and Michael. I think Alana is a good cook, and is telegenic.

AnnyB – thanks re: ACA – It would be good if I cracked a smile occasionally. But I suppose that is difficult to do when whipping up streets of fear.

Smauge about to put the link up on a reality tidbits to the ACA yarn

I haven’t seen Sun’s cooking for weeks apart from her turning her lamb into an inferno. though her lamb dish in the end looked ok with the gremolata style dressing over it.