Masterchef Australia – Billy’s Gone But Will He Be Back?

Well there goes my Mat was flicked with the smart phone scandal to bring back the golden child Hayden – seriously disappointed.

Also there goes my theory that Mat got to New York meets David Chang and then was flown back home in disgrace. (See previous blog post on that here).

As the preview of the Wednesday (I think) night’s episode shows Matt Preston going to the Masterchef house and saying he has bad news. I suspect this is laying down the ground work for Mat to leave the show.

If the smart phone theory has any legs at all he must be booted off after the Wednesday night challenge. At the time of the Mat being kicked out of the show, the articles said it was because he may have used a smart phone in a challenge where they were to have no access to cookbooks.

But this could have been filmed after they get back from New York? But somehow I doubt it how are you going to get all the remaining contestants to keep the mouth shut about that.

Or maybe Mat just left the show under his own volition.

Well the good news for Billy fans is that if Mat is flicked before Thursday night’s elimination challenge then he is back in. If this is the case and he misses the Marco Pierre White challenge, he should have to do the elimination challenge with the losing team on Thursday. Or do you think that is too harsh?

Ok to tonight’s episode where they had to make salt crusted guinea fowl, mushroom duxelle with a jus, and two sides of their own choosing.

Here are some quick thoughts on the actual episode:

• The 75 minutes was too short a time for prep and making of the dishes the fowl was meant to take 40 minutes to cook, but they implied none of them got it into the oven within that timeframe;
  • Of course there was the gratuitous shot of Hayden without a shirt on running up the beach, I can see him on Bondi Rescue next season;
  • Is celeriac the new foodie black – with both Hayden and Mat making a puree with it;
  • Gary Mehigan said they [the contestants] have to do something to show they are the best cook in this bunch. Which is bollocks you just have to not be the worst on the pressure test night.
  • Also I thought it interesting that Matt Preston told Mat that this was the first time heΒ had seen Mat engaged in the kitchen. Then how did Mat make the top 10?
  • Billy’s jus and his raw beetroot and apple salad was the reason he was sent home.
  • Billy has said he would like to open a dessert bar. He also has a food blog www.atablefortwo.com.au

UPDATE: In the Daily Telegraph Billy confirms that Mat breached rules, and just about says he is back in the competition.

He says:

In an exit interview yesterday the 34-year-old web designer said he would make the most of any second chance.

“It’s a very special situation. It isn’t a set-up by the producers like last year where they intentionally brought people back to cause drama. It’s unusual circumstances where someone’s breached the rules,” Law said.

“Mat breached the rules so obviously they had to come up with a solution.”

1 AnonyMousse { 07.05.11 at 2:29 pm }

Zoe – that part’s actually easy. Remember the recent team challenge where they divided by upstairs/downstairs and Mat was the only male on his team? That’s apparently because all of the other people bunking in his room have already been eliminated a while ago. Shouldn’t be too hard to recharge in the privacy of your own room

2 brain dead dave { 07.05.11 at 2:44 pm }

How serendipitous for the producers that tomorrow night’s explo$ive, hyped smartphone episode will clash with the NRL State Of Origin decider telecast. Jowl$y’s done up to the nines to deliver the “bad news”.

3 Fides { 07.05.11 at 3:13 pm }

Speaking of Jowlsy, did anyone else get unpleasant images when he bleated “my leg is a little dry”? Put me right off my food imagining what skin conditions might live under there.

4 brain dead dave { 07.05.11 at 3:24 pm }

Looking at Jowlsy’s turtle packing abdomen,it’s not just the guinea fowl that needed trussing.

5 Pollywaffle { 07.05.11 at 3:26 pm }

Yep Matt P’s bound to have a full range of Henry VIII infestations under those lairy pants… his leg is just as often moist as it is dry

6 Pollywaffle { 07.05.11 at 3:28 pm }

Maybe he’s gone into the house in the middle of the night on Wednesday to borrow Sun’s organic ezcema preparations

7 brain dead dave { 07.05.11 at 3:47 pm }

Moist or dry, the bedbugs in NYC will have a feast on Jowlsy’s legs when he hits the sack ,bloated and exhausted after a bang on night.

8 Sooty { 07.05.11 at 3:56 pm }

Janice G –
“@Sooty: Apparently we are unlikely to convince you but I still think that you’re equating two terms that are not always the same – breaking a rule in a way that does not affect the outcome of the competition is not the same as cheating to gain an advantage in winning the competition. ”

Not be too pedantic, but there is no ‘we’ here. You are the one trying to convince me. And, forgive me, but I’m not stupid. But I am not into debating either, so please let’s drop it.

Besides all of this, we don’t know what he used it for. Anal stimulation maybe? :)))

9 brain dead dave { 07.05.11 at 4:03 pm }

Anal stimulation maybe? Maybe he thought it would make him a real smartar$e.

Ha,Mat just liked the ringtone.

10 Reality Raver { 07.05.11 at 5:18 pm }

Sooty and BDD – maybe that is what the viber app on the iphone is used for ie. anal stimulation as it sure as hell doesn’t work for free calls via the internet phone conversations. I have had a 100% failure rate with it. But clearly not using it properly.

Pollywaffle – LOL re: your three scenarios.

Re: Matt’s editing, did he get the bad edit once they kicked him out (I am not sure how far in advance the eps are made up). This is to ensure no one is too upset when he gets his head lopped this week. Might run that theory in tonights blog, that and if Dani wins what that Mosman restaurant has done to Masterchef producers….

11 PollyB { 07.05.11 at 5:25 pm }

Smauge – Comment 23.
I agree, re Matt.

12 RarelySeen { 07.05.11 at 5:55 pm }

I leave you alone for a day and look what happens! What does an internet punch look like? No please don’t …
Billy was my raison d’etre for watching Ma$terchef, I was loving his vibe, I agree RR bring back Cleo, she was shafted.
Every house needs a resident goth, I applaud his fearlessness in the face of the nasty little fat judges asking questions like an employment pyscholodegustationist.
Fides, v . funny re the guinea pig; loved the unscreened endings Pollywaffle.

13 brain dead dave { 07.05.11 at 5:59 pm }

Ch 10 were fined 85 grand today for a joke made on one of their shows. Pass the ti$$ues,please.

14 JaniceG { 07.05.11 at 7:02 pm }

@Sooty: Sorry – I wasn’t trying to argue but to discuss. However, I’ll obey your wish to drop it.

15 Natalie { 07.05.11 at 8:16 pm }

You really need to proof your rants before posting. Awkward to read when there are words missing in parts.

16 smauge { 07.06.11 at 7:27 am }

BDD – Don’t tease!! What were they fined for?
My last pro-Mat comment (for now πŸ˜‰ ) – people rave about his greasy hair = bad hygiene. It’s clear that he’s using a serum in his hair to style it in the manner he prefers. It still looked beter than Hayden’s did when he first entered the house. Maybe Mat lent him some of his serum? I hope he lets him keep it after he’s evicted!
I’m also concerned that the previews have been a big tease and tonight ISN’T the night he gets evicted. I’ll be so pissed off if that’s the case.
and everyone – NO MORE ABOUT THE BULLFROG OND SKIN CONDITIONS!! Some of us can’t cope with such visions. Now someone please pass the bleach so I can wash clean my mind’s eye…

17 Paul { 07.06.11 at 9:01 am }

smauge,
Mick Molloy, a panellist on Before The Game (an AFL panel show) said a deragatory remark about Nicole Cornes (the wife of an ex AFL coach) on air.

She took Ten to court and won.

Correct decision too.

18 sourkraut { 07.06.11 at 1:28 pm }

I could not care less who they bring back as long it is NOT the 3 chances ImPOHster or miss universe of cooking 2 chances Justine

19 sourkraut { 07.06.11 at 1:31 pm }

Paul
Is that why we never hear from CJ any more?

20 Paul { 07.06.11 at 1:33 pm }

CJ ????

21 Sourkraut { 07.06.11 at 6:57 pm }

paul
the one who was in love with e- Clare

22 smauge { 07.06.11 at 7:59 pm }

I thought that Nicole Cornes thing got sorted ages ago. She obviously didn’t believe his on air apology LOL!
I still don’t know who CJ is.
I thought the Mat thing was handled well. Unfortunately with the leaking of the info he’s already been hauled through the coals. I hope he recovers. He doesn’t deserve to be branded a cheat for the rest of his life.
I am glad that Billy’s back though. He deserves his spot a bit more than some that are still left inthere. Go Billy!

23 miss_london xx { 11.11.11 at 5:56 am }

yay he is out ~(no offence) but i really liked billy he was a gr8 cook and he had potential where as matt he didnt
still sad to see him go though