Masterchef Australia – Marco-Pierre White Growls
I was surprised tonight that none of the females remaining on Masterchef Australia threw their knickers at Marco-Pierre White, though it looked like Sun thought about it.
As @smauge said on Twitter, Rachel from WA would have.
Also I think sleeping with Marco might solve the question that was raised on Q and A last Monday night on “whether a misogynist could be a good lover?” Maybe only if they are gay would have been my response…
I did notice Marco crack his first smile of the evening at Ellie towards the end of the episode and leer and say “I just want to be your friend”. For some reason Little Red Riding Hood came into my head.
Anyway it was a cracker of an episode first we had Mat Beyer making an “honourable exit” because of his use of a smart phone in the house. (See previous blog post on that part of the episode here).
Then the teams were off to Felix to cook in the French/English challenge with Marco-Pierre overseeing them in the kitchen with his head scarf on. He seems very intense. I think it also should be noted he was one of the first celebrity chefs.
However one of the interesting thing was how the teams were picked. Dani was appointed captain of the blue team, as she had won this week. Then she got to pick four other people to be on her team. So she thinks the four strongest cooks in the competition are Michael, Peter, Kate, and Hayden.
The red team was then left as Alana (who was captain), Ellie, Sun and Billy (once Mat was kicked out). Clearly Dani will be getting the cold shoulder from the red team contestants when they got back to the house.
The Blue team had to cook french inspired food for 30 expats and the Red team had to cook english inspired cuisine for the same number of english expats. At least the latter didn’t look like they were cast from the nearest backpackers.
I have to be honest I was busy blogging on the Mat Beyer stuff, and had a person beside me huffing and puffing about State of Origin so I did not take that much notice of the food.
Here are some thoughts on the episode:
- George Calombaris could not complain about the chip and fish roe inspired dish that the red team served up, as at his Press Club Bar he serves chips with his taramaslata, and they are nice.
- Billy Law made a good come back with a good pork belly dish, but his he a two trick pony – desserts and pork?
- I must be a bogan or a lush because I nearly choked when they made the champagne jelly out of Moet with added sugar though the end result did look good;
- Dani showed she is either suicidal or has balls to interrupt Marco-Pierre to give her team a talk to;
- Hayden’s lobster soup looked great, conversely Peter was having trouble with cooking his quails;
- Ellie’s Eton Mess on Chocolate Tart didn’t look as bad as they said what part of the mess bit didn’t they get;
- Marco-Pierre White played up to his persona of being a hard nosed chef, but then was quite nice to them at the end of the episode;
- Matt Moran again shows why he is such a good judge, he is direct and articulate and fills out a suit nicely;
- Congratulations to the editors of this episode as I had no idea who was going to win with the red team winning in the end.
- This means Ellie, Alana, Billy and Sun are part of the eight that will be going to New York.