Mat Beyer – OK Let’s Get Some Closure On This

Well Masterchef Australia is all about Mat Beyer today. See last night’s blog post on what happened on the episode, and while you are at it check out the Marco-Pierre White episode recap. OK enough of the blog pimping.

Where are we up to on this scandal?

The news.com.au article  and the live chat reveals the following:

Mat had not told the Producers prior to him going in to the house about the situation with his missing mother. Considering the production team have allowed mum of three Kate to see her children once a fortnight in a park, Mat probably would have been given extra contact with his friends and family in the outside world.

Mat is not sure or not saying how the producers found out about the phone. He implies they must have asked him about it and he handed it over. Also kills the rumour that he was caught because he updated his Facebook page, he says he doesn’t have one.

He said he didn’t have great reception at the house – yes he was with vodafone….

He thinks Dani and Hayden are good cooks, and he is diplomatic about Sun. He also says Kate is the most competitive in the house.

He said he was unaware of his fate until 15 minutes before Matt Preston turned up to the house;

Mat seems very zen about is eviction;

Also confirms that it was the producers decision not the judges.

My favourite TV Blog after my own TV Tonight actually talked to Mat, so check out his article on it here.

Channel Nine’s A Current Affair will be running a yarn on Masterchef and the Mat Beyer story. I was interviewed for the story, and hopefully a grab or two will make it out of the edit suite.

1 brain dead dave { 07.07.11 at 5:21 pm }

Channel 10 are like vultures feeding on Mat’s pierced carcass. Negus and 7PM promos on Mat’s story have been flogged like a dead horse all day.

I’m so glad it’s all about the cooking this year.

2 Sourkraut { 07.07.11 at 5:23 pm }

Mat having a phone in monster chaff is more significant than world starvation, Floods, Fires Greeces monetary crisis. Cmon people… get real… It really doesnt matter a can of baked beans.

3 littlepetal { 07.07.11 at 5:54 pm }

I think Channel Ten has got their money worth with Mat’s phone scandal. I wonder did Channel Ten ‘leaked’ the news out a month ago to build up the hype.

I am glad it will be over tomorrow and Mat can get on with his life.

4 smauge { 07.07.11 at 5:56 pm }

I’m glad to be finally hearing his side of the story. He’s been vilified for weeks now.

5 littlepetal { 07.07.11 at 6:50 pm }

Just watched A Current Affair and George Negus. Nothing new. Same old story – what we already known. Gary wasn’t very sympathetic towards Mat. Not sure why but from Day 1 I always have to feeling that Gary doesn’t like Mat.

Because of him MC has been a hot topic and there are suggestion that he may be brought back!!! for rating. If Channel Ten do that, that is really milking the cow dry. Let wait and see.

I am not a fan of Mat but I hope he can do well.

6 Ed { 07.07.11 at 9:35 pm }

True Gary didn’t like Mat I heard.

7 littlepetal { 07.07.11 at 11:14 pm }

Mat gave his restaurant a bad review?

8 Fides { 07.08.11 at 12:38 am }

Well if News of the World had been involved, Mat’s phone,and those of his family and friends, would surely have been hacked.

I don’t really see how they can bring him back – swap him for Billy? Or just bring him back and have an extra week? Or even better, a double elimination, then bring him back to even out the numbers again.

9 Jo { 07.08.11 at 12:57 am }

There was a lot of random Sun-hate going on in the live chat…

10 Amy { 07.08.11 at 8:56 am }

I’m guessing one of the other contestants discovered the phone somehow and dobbed him in – that’s why no one is telling us how he got busted.

11 littlepetal { 07.08.11 at 10:17 am }

Channel 10 would love to lengthen the showing of MC. They can just bring Mat back when they get back from NY and then eliminate him later. Milk it for another week. I hope Mat decline the offer to come back if they offer it to him. (Honestly, I don’t think they will bring him back)

12 Ange { 07.08.11 at 10:18 am }

I agree with Amy – I think one of the contestants discovered it and dobbed. I am only surprised it took so long to be discovered. I actually feel sorry for Matt. Its a shame, because maybe he would have won? On top of that, he has been “vilified” by the press. Yes, he did the wrong thing, but he paid a huge price for it.