The Block – Another Challenge Turning New To Old

The Block is really packing in the challenges this series. On Tuesday night we had the Bargain Hunt challenge which Rod and Tania won. This pair are going strong on the challenges, but then they should be he is a sheet metal worker.

Tonight it was a combination of Tabou, Charades and distressing some brand new furniture.

Polly and Waz communicated well, and got an early head start. Waz is my favourite guy on the show, he is just lovely, as is Polly.

Jenna showed she might be young but she is smart when it came to the paint grabbed a ready made tin and ran back to the warehouse, as she said it takes time to get paint mixed – shot to the three others standing there looking like fools.

I would love to know how they managed to get a warehouse opposite a Mitre 10 store. As it appears like a real store.

Anyway my preview disc just clacked out – so I don’t know who won. Can someone fill me in?

Who is your favourite team thus far? And who do you think will win The Block?

1 Peter A { 07.07.11 at 8:19 pm }

Came here to find out as I had fallen asleep. According to my wife, the sisters won.
PS. Nice ACA interview.

2 PollyB { 07.07.11 at 9:55 pm }

This was sooo boring.

3 seepi { 07.07.11 at 10:12 pm }

the sister’s won. Polly and waz came second. I like waz, but terrible name.

The prize seemed lame – thousand dollar champagne and a decanter, to put on th mantlepiece…is that the latest aspirational real estate tip for selling homes?

The shorts for tomorrow shoed Rod complaining that the builders had put the light in the wrong spot after he did his own plasterboard – it seems like this show is more about dealing with tradies than do-it-yourself reno.

Also showed Josh telling Jenna to apologise to him ‘in front of australia’. Not so classy – bet he regrets that in hindsight.

4 JM { 07.08.11 at 7:00 am }

I’m getting very bored with these anoying, pointless challenges.

I like Polly & Waz but have absolutely no idea how they got on the show. They don’t know how to renovate, they don’t know what they like – what the hell did the enter the competition for. At least Jenna/Josh and the sisters have some design flair.

I think I want Jenna/Josh to win because they think outside the box, they mix old and new and they really seem to have a passion for decorating unlike the others (except for Tania & whatshisname buy I don’t like their eurotrash, brown shag carpet decorating style).

All the couples are likeable though.

5 Wurstsemmel { 07.08.11 at 2:32 pm }

I’m probably going to be out on my own here but I can’t stand Polly. She drives me insane. Love Waz though. I selected this team in the first few minutes of episode 1 (in my defence) but don’t think they have a hope in hell. They have no experience, don’t really seem to have any interest in renovating and it makes me wonder why they bothered – except maybe to get on tv?

I really hope Jenna and Josh win. Like their style so far. Don’t mind the married couple, like the blonde sister (a lot of fun) but the other one seems to think she’s all that and takes herself way too seriously.

Still seems like last year where it’s more about what you can get tradies can do.

At least the Shelley Craft factor has been minimal so far.

6 Sooty { 07.08.11 at 4:50 pm }

Polly has no taste and is incredibly rude about things she doesn’t understand – like vintage, retro, antiques… er everything. I was amazed they were chosen for their hideous ‘Billy’s’ Bedroom in the opening challenges. It was horrible! But they add some personality and frankness to the comp.

I like Jenna and Josh too, and have picked them as my team to win, or the ones I’ll keep watching to see how they go.

The shagpile couple. No. Just no. And the entitled sisters? Particularly the brunette Courtney Cox one. Ugh. Don’t like either of these couples decorating styles.

So it’s Polly and Waz for entertaining commentary and Aussie Battler factor, and Jenna and Josh as the only ones I care two hoots about and am curious to see what they do etc.

7 seepi { 07.10.11 at 9:53 am }

I’m yet to work out what style Polly actually does like – beige with shiny silver accents perhaps?

I also can’t work out why they felt the need to rough up those poor terraces quite so much. If the couples aren’t the ones who have to fix the damp peeling walls etc, then why even have them?

And why bother smashing off the original bathrooms nad kitchens? a few awful brown bathrooms and 50s kitchens would have added as much interest as the stupid toilet block they’ve made, and making them cook on a bbq in the rain – why? we’ve only seen tiny glimpses of any of that, so it is n’t even creating tv moments.