The Block – Judging Of The Second Bedrooms
The second week of judging of the rooms on The Block, and everyone but Katrina and Amie did a bedroom. The two sisters did a double study.
A few thoughts on the episode:
- Katrina and Amie’s idea to have a double study was not good one. They said they were aiming their house at professionals, but as the judges said the way they had designed the room really made it difficult to turn it into a bedroom. I couldn’t work out why they put a TV in there, there was only one big chair to sit on. Maybe the room would have worked better with a bunk bed in it to make it a kids room. They are aiming for a professional couple, this could effect them badly at sale time.
- What is with the swingers brown shag pile carpet in Rod and Tania’s house. I know they think people will like it I am not so sure in the inner city market. I am glad Tania for her teenage boy’s room could not find that Ralph magazine. As I don’t think the urbane judges would have thought it was at all tasteful. However I thought they did really well with such a small space.
- Polly and Waz’s room was talked up by the judges. Ok it was twice as good as last week’s white blandness they put up. But really the guitar on the wall and microphone was a bit kitsch and not in a good way. Also their built in wardrobe did not go all the way to the ceiling.
- Josh and Jenna killed one conspiracy theory of mine which was the same team never wins a room twice in a row, so they can share around the $5000 weekly prize. However their kids bedroom was such a standout in the second hand furniture challenge that it would have been wrong for them not to have won.
- Katrina and Amie did not look happy with Josh and Jenna winning again.
- Also next week they have to do the bathroom and laundry which much be a huge advantage again for Josh as he is a plumber. However there is no way they can win three times in a row. Can they?