The Block Is Now Casting For 2012 Season

Well tonight’s episode was definitely the Josh and Jenna show, so no wonder Aimee was getting snarky about it.

However her frustration was about the couple winning the last two weeks rooms and then taking out tonight’s challenge which was a plumbing one. The prize was a night at The Langham Hotel.

But even before all this on tonight’s episode most of the scenes were about Josh and Jenna’s bathroom design and the fact they couldn’t find a carpenter.

With these practical challenges it make it hard for the non-tradie teams to win. However Katrina and Aimee did give it a good shake, but faltered at the last hurdle some of their pipes were ascending so they did not have a water flow they needed to win.

The worst was Polly and Waz, who have no chance in winning The Block, they barely got started.

The new version of The Block has been rating gold for Channel Nine so they are now casting for 2012 season of the show. If you want to apply go to ninemsn.com.au/theblock. Applications close September 1, 2011.

If you want to know what you might be renovating TV Tonight has some pictures of what he thinks are the properties Channel Nine have bought in Melbourne.

With all the design shows on TV there has been allegations The Block stole some ideas from The Renovators show, particularly about having the teams compete in challenges. See the Daily Telegraph article for the full story. The producers of The Block deny it. However some crew worked on both productions.

1 Langham Hotel Melbourne { 07.13.11 at 9:23 am }

Congratulations to Josh and Jenna on winning a night at our club spa suite. We hope they enjoyed it!

2 PollyB { 07.13.11 at 12:14 pm }

Hey RR, I reckon you’re owed a night at the Lamgham now.
Enjoy!

3 Fraggle { 07.13.11 at 12:46 pm }

I am finding this show totally addictive. Considering I wouldn’t know which end of a paint brush to use, it has really surprised me. The contestant selection and production quality seems fabulous.
When I was in Richmond the other day I even found myself ‘accidentally’ driving past the completed houses. Twice.
I agree with Polly b, I think the langham are so very stylish and generous that they should give you a night in a spa suite.

4 akris { 07.13.11 at 1:22 pm }

the block is now my reality show fix of choice over Masterchef…

5 Jenny Draut { 07.13.11 at 9:23 pm }

Akris
agreed with you there!!

so over mastershit is not funny!!

the block on the other hand, enjoying it 100%!! but i didnt get to watch it as my train ran late, anyone can tell me what happened??

6 PollyB { 07.13.11 at 10:10 pm }

Jenny Draut – If you missed tonight, you missed those two whingeing sisters expounding how big a deal it is for two women, two mothers to do this. They haven’t got their kids with them on The Block. I am 100% woman and don’t think this would be harder because of that. I haven’t given birth, but once a woman has does that mean she can’t actually achieve what she could when she was childless? Do these bimbos expect parents to be compensated by society because they are parents? They are fucking pathetic.

7 akris { 07.14.11 at 11:37 am }

Wow PollyB.. that was a bit harsh.. yeh they’re probably the most competitive couple but good for them.. i don’t remember them saying that being a mum makes it harder for them.. they just said it would probably be easier had they done it with their husbands.. which I actually agree with 100%.

And to be honest do you really think the builders would’ve done what they did if there was a man there? and 7K? I’ve never done reno’s really but 7K does seem ridiculous…

I agree that the girls aren’t dealing with the builders perhaps as good as say Josh etc.. but hey at least they’re dealing with them…in the other house.. polly’s job is to give sandwiches… I would’ve shed a few tears by now as well if i was in their position from the stress and frustration.

8 PollyB { 07.14.11 at 3:58 pm }

akris – I heard the blonde one say being women, and mums, makes it hard. I don’t think I’m being harsh. They are playing the female card, and the mum card. I take that as an insult to me as a woman.

9 bella vita { 07.14.11 at 4:27 pm }

drove past The Block yesterday and had a look.
Filming has finished and the 4 houses done.
Saw Josh and a friend talking out the front (right outside our car), very quiet street and we were the only sticky noses!
I like the outside of the Sisters house the best completed, Josh and Jenna’s actually looks quite bland and boring finished in complete white.

10 Jeff Harris { 07.14.11 at 8:30 pm }

I would like to put us forward for the block 2012 could you please send me the link.thanks Jeff

11 Casper { 07.15.11 at 1:13 am }

I think finding the link is the first elimination round. Good luck though Jeff.

12 Jenny Draut { 07.15.11 at 9:29 pm }

PollyB & Akris

thanks for comments about the sisters.

once again my friggin train was late and did not get to watch tonight’s episode again!!!

very frustrating

anyone of you living in melbourne coz im hence the bloody public transport.

anything interesting happened tonight??

13 PollyB { 07.17.11 at 5:57 pm }

I missed Friday night. Bloody IQ, that I pay for in advance, took on a mind of it’s own!
I’m glad this is on Sunday nights now, something to watch before Mastercrap. Although these silly challenges are rather Mastercrap like.

14 Casper { 07.17.11 at 6:33 pm }

PollyB – if you go to ninemsn site you will find easy to follow links to all of the episodes you may have missed through all seasons 1-4.

15 Casper { 07.18.11 at 2:03 pm }

The block for 2012 is on the corner of Dorcas st & Montague st if anybody is interested to go have a look.

16 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 9:30 am }

If you can’t go and see the actual blocks for 2011 and 2012 and want to see the month by month progress, sign onto ‘nearmap’ coz the satellite takes new pics on the 23rd of each month. Very interesting to see what’s happening next door on the vacant block at Richmond.

17 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 9:45 am }

Just found the listing for Polly and Waz’s on ‘domain’and ‘realestate’. The upstairs is beautiful. The first open is on the 28th July and the auction is 20th August. Lucky fans in Melbourne that you can easily go and see it.

18 akris { 07.20.11 at 9:55 am }

@nittywitty: Are you able to send links??

19 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 7:20 pm }
20 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 7:26 pm }

Akris: Have had a second look at the real estate sites and some interior photos (of rooms not yet aired on TV) and also the inspection times have been removed.

21 Casper { 07.20.11 at 7:27 pm }

nittywitty – thanks for the nearmaps tip. appreciated :)

22 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 7:48 pm }

Here’s a link for anyone interested in seeing an interior photo (before Channel 9 moves in to prepare for next series) of 2012 The Block. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-south+melbourne-107409983

23 Casper { 07.20.11 at 8:05 pm }

nittywitty – thanks for the links. Do you know if ch.9 is going to gut the inside cos the interior is pretty damn good.

24 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 9:24 pm }

Casper: Don’t know. Am guessing there are council restrictions in South Melbourne for buildings like that.Not only does it look damn good, but to me it looks like that room in the photo doesn’t need any structual work like walls removed or added, just scraping, polishing , painting and then decorate.

25 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 9:48 pm }

Very good link http://www.walkingmelbourne.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6824 .Lots of photos throughout and on the last page are the photos of Polly and Waz’s upstairs : The ones that were deleted from the real estate listing today.

26 Casper { 07.20.11 at 9:56 pm }

nittywitty – thats what I was getting at. Usually they are a wreck inside but that photo looked like it needed next to no work. Polly and Waz should have waited for this one. They may have had a chance. I noticed it stated on the site that all four terraces had council approval for a third level.

27 akris { 07.20.11 at 10:07 pm }

Thanks NittyWitty.. for ALL the links… Polly and Waz’s upstairs do look quite nice!

28 Casper { 07.20.11 at 10:36 pm }

Just finished looking at the walkingmelbourne link and I am shocked to say the least.

29 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 10:37 pm }

Casper: Third level? Oh yes I read it now.Thanks.I’m wondering though how and where will it go? Hope they don’t stuff them up. They still might not do the 3rd level.I’ll have to wait and see.
akris: If Polly and Waz don’t win next week then the one that does win will have to be pretty good.

30 Casper { 07.20.11 at 10:41 pm }

If the 3rd level is like the 2nd in this season, I’d rather they forget the idea and stay as they are.

31 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 10:57 pm }

Casper: Yes, most definitely. They’re an eyesore.

32 nittywitty { 07.20.11 at 11:06 pm }

Is it true? Outspoken Catholic priest ”Father Bob” McGuire lives across the road from The Block 2012 in Sth Melbourne.

33 Sampson { 08.22.11 at 12:23 pm }

Does anyone know if the contestants are paid anything like a wage or salary for the time they’re on the Block? Unlike previous series no one seem to be going to their day job whilst working on the Block? Did they all live on site throughout all the renovations? Was also wondering how they decided which contestents won the Toyota?

34 Kassandra { 12.03.13 at 9:44 pm }

Hi, Neat post. There’s an issue with your web site in web explorer, may check this?
IE still is the marketplace chief and a huge
section of people will miss your excellent writing because of this problem.

My web page :: コート 直営 (Kassandra)