Hayden Quinn To Be A Winner From Masterchef

Hayden Quinn the surf lifesaver from Sydney told TV Week he went on Masterchef Australia with an eye on getting his own TV gig.

The Herald Sun has confirmed that his dreams may come true.

It says they believe quite a few brands are wanting to sign him up.

The article says:

Sporting a new look, the surf lifesaver told the Sunday Herald Sun he had had no TV offers yet, but that was because he had been living in the MasterChef Australia bubble.

It would be a different story when the show ended in a few weeks.

“The dream for me is to some day combine my love of travel and culture and food and the ocean. Whether that’s possibly on TV or broadcast media or online, we’ll see,” he said.

“We’ve been locked away but I’m going to get among things when the show’s over and hit the ground running.”

Quinn has been compared to Australia’s most famous TV chef, Melburnian Curtis Stone, who had his start hosting the Channel 7 show My Restaurant Rules in 2004.

“Curtis has obviously done really well being a professional chef and then also as a personality,” Quinn said.

“So to be able to replicate something like that would be great.”

I think the difference between Hayden and Curtis is that he is a professional chef which Hayden does acknowledge, so I don’t get the comparisons. Unfortunately for Hayden Video Hits just got axed so a gig on that is now not available.

I am not sure I would watch a cooking show that he was on,  but maybe if he was on Neighbours I might tune in for a couple of episodes.

The TV Week also said that Alana the journalist from Queensland, also went on the show with an eye on a future career on TV. Apparently she has also had drama lessons and has been in a movie. Alana has not been given as much attention as Hayden, but now it is getting down to the top seven we may get to know her better.

1 Injera { 07.17.11 at 12:07 am }

I *cough*watchNeighbours*cough* (don’t judge me) (okay, judge me) but I would turn it off if Hayden was included in the cast. I’d watch one ep of a show he was on just because, but he is a charisma free zone…

2 Jo { 07.17.11 at 12:40 am }

I watch Neighbours too – (hides) – and I would turn off as well if Hayden got a role. But then again, I did stick with the show when Daniel O’Connor, of Australian Idol fame, was on it…and he was a plank of wood, so who knows. Hayden’s voice really bothers me though.

3 Injera { 07.17.11 at 12:48 am }

Sneaky Neighbours viewers represent! I watched through Blair from Big Brother, too, but Hayden is a bridge too far. Wooden enough to play the bridge across the lake in the Erinsborough park, though…

4 Jo { 07.17.11 at 1:04 am }

Well if they did cast him…I’m fairly sure a character once disposed of a gun in that lake. Just sayin’.

5 Chunks { 07.17.11 at 2:36 am }

Oh come now guys, you obviously kept watching when Blair McDonough graduated from Big Brother to Neighbours, and he couldn’t act his way out of a paper bag. Luckily he seems to have improved marginally in Winners and Losers. Can’t see how Hayden’s voice is any more annoying than Tommmmm Willlllliaaaaams and heeeee’s dooooone quiiite wellllll for himselllllf.

6 EH { 07.17.11 at 9:48 am }

I don’t mind Hayden. He doesn’t irritate me as much as some others.

Vogue forum is getting hilarious and interesting now that Sun (Alice30) is on it and spilling juices. it seems there are two rival camps in the house. Sun is in the same camp with Peter, Adam, Billy and Craig. They are calling some others ‘Emmy nominated actors’ …. She didn’t name names but I am guessing Michael and Dani. Ellie and Hayden are Michael’s good mate. So it’s really not hard to figure out. It does look like Gen X vs Gen Y. Perhaps with some jealousy thrown in as clearly the younger group are getting more love from the producers.

The rivalry between Billy and Michael is quite obvious with Billy openly calling him sneaky squirrel. It’s sad at this stage of the competition, all these juicy bits seem more interesting than the cooking!

7 RarelySeen { 07.17.11 at 10:00 am }

Injera & Jo, you are brave to *cough* up about Neighbours addictions, I stare at you.
I will follow Hayden’s media career with mild interest. He’s a step up from the current stables churned out each week.

8 PollyB { 07.17.11 at 10:22 am }

Curtis was natural on Surfin’ the Menu, but wooden on My Restaurant, and is now kicking arse. The thing is, he always had charisma. Injera you are spot on, Hayden is a ‘charisma free zone’. I couldn’t watch anything with him in it. Except MC of course.

9 wallah { 07.17.11 at 10:53 am }

Maybe, just maybe, after reading this the producers will actually select contestants next season who are actually interested in a career in the industry and not a career in TV? After all, this season was supposed to be “all about the food” or some other bullshit.

10 Fides { 07.17.11 at 11:18 am }

Would have thought Home and Away would be more appropriate. No TV roles for him please – his practice hosting roles with the little video guides on the MC website are so dull. And please don’t film him “hitting the ground running” or any sort of running – he has these weird limp T-Rex arms when he runs. I’m so shallow – I’d be more enamoured if he ran like Daniel Craig.

11 littlepetal { 07.17.11 at 11:36 am }

At least someone noticed how Hayden run!!!! He looked funny running on the road and on the threadmill.

Hayden may look cute but that voice is a no go zone for TV.

I also read that they select contestants based on their desire to be in the food industry but obviously the selectors miss the mark

12 PollyB { 07.17.11 at 12:34 pm }

Fides, yes, those arms. LOL.

13 littlepetal { 07.17.11 at 2:32 pm }

I think Eamon Sullivan will blitz Hayden any time. Eamon’s swimming career is ending soon and Eamon can cook. I will watch Eamon any time.

14 brain dead dave { 07.17.11 at 2:55 pm }

Goldilocks lacks a personality and a voice fit for human consumption. The beige buffoon is dreamin’.

I guess the abs are okay but when you run like supermodel, that won’t cut it.

15 Fides { 07.17.11 at 5:11 pm }

I hope it’s Eamon vs Hayden in Tuesday’s immunity challenge. It will be touted as the battle of the beefcakes (though neither properly fits the bill) and maybe the producers will force them to wear speedos.

16 littlepetal { 07.17.11 at 5:45 pm }

He he he. Yes very good idea. Episode sponsor by Speedo. Everyone turn up in their speedo, including the judges !!!! (not a pretty sight!)
Challenge will be surf and turf. I rather have Eamon than Hayden.

17 PollyB { 07.17.11 at 5:53 pm }

Oh Littlepetal, blech, blech, blech. Don’t even joke about those slobs in speedos. *Picture Matt M’s face only*, now my mind is clear!

18 bella vita { 07.17.11 at 6:29 pm }

I just can’t see the fascination with Hayden…to me he is bland and boring and Alana isnt much better.
let them have their 15 mins cause I can’t see it going past 12..

19 ange { 07.17.11 at 6:59 pm }

With that voice? I am thinking along the lines of impersonating kermit the frog. I honestly can’t see any “it” factor – I think that stemmed from from the trauma of seeing him in his speedos. To me, Billy is the only one with a bit of “presence”.

20 akris { 07.18.11 at 10:18 am }

@chunks: But Tom Williams was THE hottest thing on tele at the dancing with the stars finale!

I would rather Eamon over Hayden too… Networks Are you listening??!!

21 Fides { 07.18.11 at 11:21 am }

Does all this attention and the photoshoot suggest Hayden is soon for the chop?

Eamon could have competed in the regular MC competition and still come out on top.

22 auds { 07.18.11 at 12:51 pm }

How is he doing tv week interviews unless he has gotten the boot?

23 davsimp { 07.18.11 at 2:06 pm }

Hayden and Alana could do a remake of Blue Lagoon. Bout time that eighties classic was reinvented.