An Australian Celebrity Apprentice – Who Would You Cast?

The Sunday Telegraph printed a rumour that Channel Nine could be producing an Australian version of Celebrity Apprentice.

No news on whether Mark Bouris would take on The Donald role again, but I hope so, he was good in the one and only season of The Apprentice. Maybe flick his two side kicks and bring out the Trump children Ivanka and Donald Jr to give him advice.

I suspect there will be a lot of people trying to get on the show to heightened their profiles.

Now here is who I would think about casting. Matthew Newton could try and rehabilitate his career on the show. He is not adverse to working in reality TV as he was going to host The X Factor.

A former politician would be good. Mark Latham would make good reality TV, as would Peter Costello. Or if Anna Bligh loses office between now and filming she may want to go on the show. I note she went on Celebrity Masterchef and will be on this Wednesday night’s episode of Masterchef.

A former Miss Universe contestant – Rachael Finch wouldn’t be adverse to going on a show like this, however as she is busy, maybe Laura Dundovic would consider partaking.

A couple of sportspeople, like Jason Stevens or Matthew Johns or Mark Taylor.

Other people who should be considered are Laura Csortan, Joey or Richard from The Amazing Race Australia, Dietmar Brummer, Brad Cooper, Roxy Jacenko, Peter Andre, and that dude that used to sell the steak knives. Also I think Sami Lukis could kick some butt on a show like this.

Who do you think should be cast on the show?

1 Casper { 07.18.11 at 12:30 am }

I think they should load it up with all current politicians. You never know they may just learn a thing or two about running things. It surely couldn’t hurt.

2 KhunDel { 07.18.11 at 11:56 am }

The AFl ex-player Akermanis – some of the BS that comes out of his mouth would make him ideal. lol

3 Chunks { 07.18.11 at 12:35 pm }

I was thinking Altiyan Childs would make for colourful TV but then I thought, how about that crazy Altiyan stalker Kerrie whatsername. Now that would be small screen gold.

4 Culinary Boner { 07.18.11 at 2:49 pm }

They need to assemble a good mix of loons, legends and losers. Preferably D-list or below so they don’t hold back for the sake of their ‘public image’. And with a good range of personality disorders. David Boon – Mr Canada Club – would be my ‘special offer’ nominee fo today. A legend on the cusp of becoming a loser. I concur with Matt Newton and Akermanis for the loon element. I’d give Steve Bisley a run also. And for someone in the crazy-talented but volatile category who’d be good TV Frank Sartor. Now Boony’s politely sipping whisky mixers, they also need an alcohol problem on legs. But I’m not nominating in this category due to libel laws. Maybe a rock legend with some attitude? An Australian version of Iggy Pop? Pity. But perhaps we could go with Tex Perkins or Doc Neeson? Women? Chrissy Amphlett? Pauline Hanson? Julie Goodwin?

5 bella vita { 07.19.11 at 3:33 am }

If 9 are doing it, bet there will be a selection of personalities…AFL, NRL, a reporter from ACA, someone from Today, an old 9 personality who hasn’t been seen for a while, a washed up Logie Winner (Rowena Wallace, or Kimberley Davies)
Anthony Callea has been quiet of late, so perhaps him or Tim Campbell…Ricki Lee (she gets herself onto everything) and a has been rocker

My personal fav picks to see to resurge their career
Bruce Samazan
Steve Vizard
Craig McLachlan
Ernie Sigley
One of the singers from Bardot or Scandal’us

I think i should stop now

6 Wurstsemmel { 07.19.11 at 3:58 pm }

What about John Farnham. Might just stop him doing ANOTHER comeback tour?

7 Germaine Greer To Be On Celebrity Apprentice | reality ravings { 08.22.11 at 7:17 am }

[…] Latham, who I suggested on this blog, Peter Andre and Geoffrey Edelsten won’t be on the […]