SPOILER – The Person Who Is Kicked Off Tonight Decides To Do A Spoiler On Twitter

Oh Billy Law what were you thinking? Billy on his twitter account @tablefortwo put the above tweet up which indicates he is for the high jump tonight. He has since taken the tweet down.

atablefortwo Billy (ATableForTwo)

Good to see you all again! I’ve cut the #MasterChef judges with my flavour and I’m outta here! Read about my experience – http://ow.ly/5GgdL
3 hours ago  Favorite Retweet Reply
Seriously even if it is a timed tweet it has gone horribly wrong, and tonight’s episode has now lost all it’s suspense. Kate must beat Billy, because I will be very surprised if Ellie does not play her immunity pin.
Ok I know that sometimes I trade in spoilers – normally following off errors in episode previews, and information gleened off the social media. But can these contestants show some self discipline. We get that you want to promote yourself and whatever you are hoping to do post Masterchef Australia but the reason you have this 15 minutes of fame is because of the show, so give it some respect.
By the way happy to be flamed for being a hypocrite on this issue.
There should be a draconian clause in their contract that states if they put up a spoiler or do anything that indicates they have been eliminated from a reality show whilst it is still on air there is some pecuniary penalty.
At the beginning of July he was fiddling around on his blog which indicated he had been eliminated and had stopped filming the show after his second elimination. The first screen shot  which was taken showed him online, and the second one shows a new page for press and events.

1 KhunDel { 07.18.11 at 1:45 pm }

The message that was on twitter is also on his Facebook page.

2 Danni { 07.18.11 at 2:06 pm }

Psst.. I don’t know if it’s just my computer/browser or what, but the screen caps on this post are blown out across the page and it’s in the side bar of your site.

Umm, just a thought, wouldn’t filming for MC finish just about now? So his tweet doesn’t necessarily mean that he is out.. But just jumped the gun a bit early?

3 Casper { 07.18.11 at 2:09 pm }

I’m pretty sure the producers would have made contestants sign contracts that would have included addressing this type of situation. Probably alot of trouble ahead for Billy.

4 EH { 07.18.11 at 2:20 pm }

I am not sure if this is another teaser similar to Matt made on Hayden’s 2nd pin. Kate was reported to be conducting interviews last 2 weeks could also be an indication that she will be out tonight. The countdown on Billy’s blog shows another 1 week 4 days.

5 JStar { 07.18.11 at 2:21 pm }

Hey RR, I’ve already commented on this on your other post prior to seeing you putting this new post up. It is quite possible that Billy did beat Kate. Got to keep in mind that the finale is in less than two weeks and that in both Seasons 1 and 2, the final episode was filmed 2.5 weeks prior to screening. Hence, Billy and Co have all been released from the Big Brother home for good. I wouldn’t put it past Billy to throw people off the scent ala Matt Preston.

6 davsimp { 07.18.11 at 2:40 pm }

Agree that this could be either or. Billy may still be in after tonight, and like EH and JStar say, it could be a teaser. Wouldn’t be the first and won’t be the last.

However, it is obvious they are all champing at the bit to update their blogs, facebook and twitter status’ etc but agree with RR about the self discipline.

PS, I also have a sneaking suspicion that the finale is being filmed today.

7 Paul { 07.18.11 at 3:47 pm }

They really need to relax the rules regarding communication for the contestants or at the very least, start taping closer to real time rather than the current one month delayed situation.

Its ridiculous in this day and age of social media to expect contestants to abstain from using twitter and facebook after they have left the show. Most of them would have been using some form of social media probably every day for the last ten years.

After being locked up with no real contact with the outside world for almost 6 months, its only natural that they would want to find out whats been going on and make contact with people.

8 littlepetal { 07.18.11 at 4:04 pm }

Sun did mention that she will be doing her last MC filming this week. I took it as they will be filming the cook off between the final 2 this week and the final will be on Aug 7.

9 Casper { 07.18.11 at 4:14 pm }

Paul – great point about filming closer to real time. Maybe MC should get you on the production team.

10 littlepetal { 07.18.11 at 4:28 pm }

Jay has his website up before he was eliminated which gave me the clue that he will be eliminated soon. Not sure why they can’t just wait till they are eliminated on the show (on our TV screen) before updating their FB or Twitter account.

11 Paul { 07.18.11 at 4:29 pm }

Casper,
I think the issue is one of logistics.

The reason why they are able to get so many world class chefs on here in Australia is that a lot of them are here for the various Food & Wine festivals which are generally held in March/April.

However, the peak ratings periods are during the winter months June/July.

Caught between a rock and a hard place.

12 Casper { 07.18.11 at 4:38 pm }

Paul – Now your just proving you’d do a better job producing the show. Show off. :)

13 Jo { 07.18.11 at 7:25 pm }

I think Billy’s talking about the finale filming as well – Kate doing interviews a couple of weeks ago has convinced me that she’ll go tonight.

I think the ban on social media is acceptable. When there’s so many contestants, someone will inevitably say something they’re not supposed to and spoil it. A show like MC lives off suspense and it would just kill it.

14 Masterchef Australia – Billy Bows Out | reality ravings { 07.18.11 at 10:06 pm }

[…] have been dull considering the outcome of who went was known for a lot of the viewers (See spoiler blog post here). Also I will take this opportunity to pimp my appearance on ACA teeth gnashing about Billy’s […]

15 youngmel { 07.19.11 at 1:30 am }

one effect of these season 3 spoilers is to diminish any justification for the harsh conditions imposed on contestants – the live-in, the limit on contact with loved ones, the hotel lock downs. Presumably part of the justification for this is to prevent spoilers – it’s not proving at all effective!

16 Miss Piggy { 07.19.11 at 11:02 am }

The most exciting thing about this spoiler is that MY tweet was mentioned in the online article published by both SMH and The Age! Finally, I’m a published writer…

17 Moo { 07.19.11 at 2:38 pm }

Clearly not the brightest tool in the shed.