The Voice – Will The Producers Also Be Blindfolded?

Channel 9 and Shine Australia have the rights for the new hit reality show The Voice. The concept is a singing show where the judges are blindfolded so they are judging on the singing voice alone, looks and personality don’t come into it.

The show which was created by Endermol, the creators of Big Brother. The US version which has Christine Aguilera in it has been huge in a crowded talent show market.

According to the Sunday Telegraph they are currently trying to sign a big overseas name for the show. Names mentioned have been George Michael, Pink, and Christine Aguilera. It is on the TV schedule for 2012. Also no news on who will host the show. The hosting and judge positions will be highly coveted.

I love the concept, but one thing I would like to know is will the producers be blindfolded as well?

With all these big shows there are preliminary auditions where the huge numbers who turn up sing for the producers or talent scouts. They then put people through to audition for the judges at a later date.

Will they have their eyes covered or will they be seeing what the singers look like and will this influence who they put through. Personally I think for the integrity of the show they should be.

Also who do you think should be the judges and host of the show?

1 Jess { 07.20.11 at 5:32 pm }

Australia has an incredible lack of singing talent. All these shows do is remind me of that fact.
An international judge? I don’t think we could afford Christina Aguilera, really.

2 Casper { 07.20.11 at 6:16 pm }

Can’t really see Christina or Pink signing on but George Michael would be possible.

3 brain dead dave { 07.20.11 at 7:37 pm }

They might be blindfolded but they’ll surely hear the forklift coming.

4 Jake { 07.21.11 at 2:09 am }

I’ve watched a few episodes of ‘The Voice’ on youtube, and I have to say the talent is amazing in the US version. I think it’s a great format, but it really does rely on amazing vocals, unlike other singing competitions like the X Factor which focus heavily on a person’s ‘story’. I’m not sure if Australia has enough amazing singers who would be willing to audition for the show.

5 lungz { 09.15.11 at 8:59 am }

let me tell you one thing guys! melbourne is full of amazing singers who probably wouldnt audition for these talent shows!! i know personally at least 10 absolutely kick ass vocalists that are world class!! But for some reason theyre not the ones auditioning! Maybe ‘the voice australia’ will bring these vocalists out !lol…if they do you guys will be blowwwwwn away !

6 A P... { 01.08.12 at 11:02 pm }

I agree especially one of the Best voices in the country who has paid her dues and worked dammm hard and noone Can touch her ..
what a Voice . She is the voice
Miss LUCY GALE …. you need her as the judge and for the world to hear this God Given Talent unbelievable … these singers are okay .. she is World class …….you would never get people like her on the show she is way too good Australia is missing out…. Lucy Gale World Class.