Has The Masterchef Final Been Filmed?

Has the Masterchef Australia already been filmed? Well according to the Daily Telegraph it has.

It says:

In another coup for Channel 10’s sizzling cooking series, Rene Redzepi of Copenhagen’s acclaimed Noma restaurant has slipped into the MasterChef kitchen for a starring role in this year’s grand finale.

The 33-year-old is understood to have recorded his guest judge role in between a corporate engagement at Neil Perry’s Rockpool Bar and Grill on Wednesday night.

Noma has two Michelin stars and was voted the best restaurant in the world for the second time this year – a credit to Redzepi’s innovative and experimental Nordic cuisine.

What I find interesting is how many of their viewers do they think are foodies who would have even heard of this guy? Isn’t his claim to fame edible dirt?

I thought last year the finale was filmed on the same day, but maybe they won’t film who the winner is until a later date so spoilers won’t leak out.

UPDATE: The Herald Sun has Gary Mehigan in there talking up Kate Bracks and Alana.

1 Fides { 07.23.11 at 11:39 pm }

I thought last year, there was a 2 week gap between filming the actual finale challenges, and the reveal. Wasn’t it that the judges revealing the final scores for the snow eggs was only filmed a few hours before it was shown on TV.

re Gary’s comments about Kate and Alana – maybe they’re now trying to win back viewers by hinting that the final will be a legohead-free zone.

2 Jo { 07.24.11 at 12:40 am }

I think you’re probably right about Kate and Alana, Fides. The internet will explode with rage if it’s the other two girls. I’m not an Alana fan but would prefer her. The producers will probably be trying to eliminate Allie/Dani regardless of their upcoming dishes just to avoid the viewer backlash.

3 JStar { 07.24.11 at 2:13 am }

I indicated on a previous post that Billy, when asked who would win during a radio interview, said that he thought Kate and Alana were the dark horses. Make of that what you will.

4 alicia { 07.24.11 at 3:50 am }

whatever Im not going to watch it anyway

5 Akris { 07.24.11 at 8:03 am }

I might watch if it’s Kate and Alana… But it’s a shame this series is such a sham with great cooks eliminated so early in favor of ellie, dani& sun. It’s definitely ruined masterchef for me.

6 EH { 07.24.11 at 10:14 am }

I am happy if Alana, Kate or Micahel win.

Did Billy Hand out another spoiler? I echoed JStar that he said Alana and Kate were the dark horses in his interview.

7 littlepetal { 07.24.11 at 11:31 am }

So long Dani and Ellie are the next to go and Final 3 are Alana, Kate and Michael, I will be happy.

I also think the Finale has been filmed according to Sun. Maybe only the announcement of who is the winner will be filmed on the day of the airing of the Finale.

8 Fides { 07.24.11 at 11:54 am }

It would be great to have an Alana/Kate final. They’re both tough, competitive and don’t cry at the drop of a hat. Don’t think either of them will ever do the whole “boohoo, I just want to run away” thing. If it was an Allie/Dani final, the Gs would each have to pick a side and no doubt do parts of the challenge for them. And Michael, I hope he comes 3rd – he says he is serious about becoming a chef so winning the title would be more a hindrance to that, but he deserves to finish higher than Allie and Dani.

If it was just Gary saying it, it could be a fake-out, but with Billy saying the same thing (thanks, JStar – thought what you wrote the other day was very interesting) then I guess we have our final 2. Can we just skip the next two weeks then?

9 Sooty { 07.24.11 at 12:10 pm }

Saying they are the dark horses, and tipping them to be likely slots for the final is hardly the same as giving it away that they are in the final. They’re both competent cooks who can hold it together under pressure, so yeah I’d tip them, too.

Alana sure fits the title Dark Horse! She’s been so barely seen until recently, apart from her moment in the top 50 eps, that I still have to remind myself who else is in the final five.

10 KhunDel { 07.24.11 at 1:27 pm }

Don’t know how much faith to put in this… but the Adelaide Now site is putting out the rumour Michael is in the final two.

11 Moo { 07.24.11 at 4:41 pm }

“I indicated on a previous post that Billy, when asked who would win during a radio interview, said that he thought Kate and Alana were the dark horses.”

If Billy seriously thinks they’re the ‘dark horses’, then who the hell does he think the favourites for the title are? Dani and Ellie?

He’s such a knob.

12 brain dead dave { 07.24.11 at 5:15 pm }

May the best mane win.

Rupert started his media empire in Adelaide with a titties and sport rag called The News. Today he’s got the Advertiser and the Adelaide now site referred to above, spreading the Michael as finalist rumour. Michael may have had his phone hacked.

13 JStar { 07.24.11 at 6:36 pm }

Billy was asked who he thought would win in a radio interview after his second elimination and I thought it was interesting that he did not answer that question directly. It was more what he decided to say (i.e. “dark horses”) that makes me believe that Alana and Kate are in the final. Remember Moo, Hayden’s elimination had not yet occurred when Billy gave his interviews. I thought it was strange at the time that Billy did not do what most of the previous eliminated contestants had done, which was to nominate Hayden as the likely winner.

I recall last year leading into the final week with the last six contestants, Aaron (who came 7th) indicated that the audience should look out for Callum as he may surprise (or words to that effect). Sure enough, Callum made it to the final two. Aaron knew who was in the final two thanks to the delay between filming and his elimination being televised.

Billy, like Aaron, would have already known who the final two would have been by the time he began giving his (second) lot of post-elimination interviews.

14 PennyK { 07.24.11 at 7:15 pm }

@MasterchefAlana (Alana’s fan tweeter) just tweeted … Alana talks exclusively to the Mildura Weekly #masterchef http://fb.me/uDjLvQJ5
The article was published last Friday and apparently Alana was interviewed by phone last Wednesday after she had just finished shooting another cooking segment of the show…dare we read between the lines?!?!?
The article goes on to say that some of the final episodes have already been filmed, but Alana is sworn to secrecy about her future chances.
…hmmm

15 Rickard Lomez { 07.25.11 at 1:34 pm }

Hope Kate wins, she is the only one who can cook and is gorgeous, Michael is a bigger drama Queen that Ellie or Dani

16 littlepetal { 07.25.11 at 3:43 pm }

@Penny K – Story do indicate that Alana is still in the competition and most probably in the Final 2. I really hope so.

17 Chris { 07.27.11 at 10:09 pm }

Can anyone tell me which night/date the finale is to be aired?

18 littlepetal { 07.27.11 at 10:26 pm }