The Amazing Race – The Final Leg – Nathan And Tyler Win

This entertaining series breezed by with the three final teams of the male models, female models and the father son team racing for the $250,000.

Their first leg was to go to Singapore with only $20 for the leg, so Nathan and Tyler were hoping there was not too much transport as they have not been able to stash cash since their wallet was stolen on the train in Poland.

The first things the teams had to do in Singapore was to open durians (a very smelly fruit) until they found one with red dye in them. Nathan and Tyler were first to find one and it was off to the detour.

It was either dare – to walk the length of a highwire 200 metres about the ground or stairs, which was where you had to go up and down the stairs twice.

“Every second can mean the difference between the prize money and not getting it” said Jeff. He had a different attitude last week when he went for a six hour layover in Jordan. They decided to do the stairs, and Nathan and Tyler did the sky walk. Nathan has a bit of a heights phobia but he conquered it. The way the rope sat around Tyler’s shorts was hilarious.

Sam and Renae were arguing about which one to do in the end Sam won out, but Renae was flipping out in the taxi as she does not like heights.

Jeff was stuffed half way through getting up the stairs, and Sam and Renae ended up overtaking them. However they kept on going on about how great they had done.

The male models finished first and headed off to a temple to have their fortune read. The girl in the temple who was interpreting was wearing a very short dress.

The fortune tellers were very wrong with Renae they said she could be a professor.

They then had to go to a park and try and find a Confucious statue to get their next clue.

The Singapore flyer was a great challenge as it allowed people to catch up. There was a clue in each carriage but only three correct clues. However if  you got the wrong clue you had to do the circuit which was 21 minutes. They should have used this time to kip.

It was then off to Perth.

Nathan and Tyler, and Jeff and Luke were on the first flight, with the girls arriving 35 minutes later. They did have home ground advantage.

They had to go to King’s Park and they were driving themselves. Both of the teams got a bit lost, however the male models were first to arrive. They then had to drive to Fremantle Prison to unlock prison doors to find their clue. The boys got it in the fourth door, they have had luck on their side this race.

Renae and Same caught up with Jeff and Luke and the girls found the clue before them.

The Roadblock was putting all the countries flags they visited in a row. The trick was there were more than 12 flags in the pile. It again gave an opportunity for teams to catch up, and they all did.

At one stage I thought none of them were going to make it. Jeff decided to meditate, which in hindsight was not a bad idea.

Nathan solved it first and were racing to the pitstop. They asked a few people where, however even locals didn’t know where it was, why didn’t they ask to use a smart phone? Anyway it did not matter as they were first across the finish line and won $250,000.

While Nathan plans to use the money for a deposit on a unit, Tyler hopes to buy land in his favourite surfing destination Bali.

The girls came in second, and they must have been a fair way behind as it was dark by the time they hit the pitstop.

By the way did Lara Bingle announce on radio that they had won it?

If you enjoyed the series then you can apply for the second season of The Amazing Race Australia as applications are now open. For further information and to apply visit www.yahoo7.com.au/amazingrace.

1 AnonyMousse { 08.02.11 at 1:03 am }

Well, grats to them although the girls had grown on me over time and I’d hoped they might get there first. Mostly a boring episode, although that synchronised ‘No’ from the boys when the recorded message in the ferris wheel said it ‘hoped they were enjoying their ride’ made it all worthwhile.

I think there was something like 4 or more cab rides in this episode, so there’s no way the surfies money should have stretched to fit. They must have done some begging at the Sri Lanka airport or on the plane (since it’s illegal in Singapore). It’s a shame it took until the last episode (near the start) to see the father/son team actually smiling and joking around. If they’d been like that more often they’d have been a lot more enjoyable to watch.

2 PollyB { 08.02.11 at 7:11 am }

I’m really going to miss this show.
With Matt & Tom out last week I was glad the boys one. The girls getting stoned on that fruit was funny. And to Jeff, mate, really don’t know as much as you think you do!

3 littlepetal { 08.02.11 at 7:21 am }

I am a bit puzzle with the $20 for transport. It cost S$26 to travel from the airport to the city!!! and the boys still have 3 more taxi rides.

4 Anonymous { 08.02.11 at 9:33 am }

what the fortune teller said was Renae could be a professional coach. the girl interpreted it wrong.

5 Chunks { 08.02.11 at 9:45 am }

Had to laugh about Herrison Island. I think most Perth people would be unable to provide directions to it, even though it’s in the middle of the Swan River right in front of the east end of the CBD. Glad the guys won as they were stellar performers all the way, although would have been happy for the girls to get it too.

6 pjh { 08.02.11 at 11:35 am }

You goose. Not everyone gets to watch the show when it’s broadcast but you just had to feed your ego and tell us who won. By all means, comment on it but leave the spoilers out of the link header. Maybe also re-read your Lara Bingle comment.

7 sourkraut { 08.02.11 at 1:18 pm }

Didn’t bother watching after the embarassing first coupla eps. Just happy the models did not win

8 AnonyMousse { 08.02.11 at 1:32 pm }

Pjh – don’t blame others for your own folly. If you don’t want to know what happens, don’t visit sites like this before you’ve watched it.

Sauerkraut – are you sure that’s not just cultural cringe speaking? I thought it was a well produced series that was almost on level with the US series (almost because, hey, no Phil)

9 akris { 08.02.11 at 2:52 pm }

Agree with Anonymousse.. the production level and casting was great!! Can’t wait for the next one.. but maybe if they’re going to cast beautiful people.. make them less likely to win.. i do love it when underdogs do well…

I was missing the country boys! :-(

10 RealityRanter { 08.02.11 at 3:00 pm }

Shame Nathan and Tyler have such big mouths. I learnt a couple of months ago that they’d won, and that, on account of their big mouths, “the whole of Bondi knew” they’d won too.

11 Reality Raver { 08.02.11 at 3:13 pm }

pjh – Apologies for the spoiler, I don’t usually put who is eliminated in a header, but thought considering it was the final I would. Also I put the post up after 11.30pm last night. There were pictures of the winners all over Daily Telegraph, news.com.au

It is an interesting complaint as it happens a lot on Twitter that people not in the same time zone or not watching it at the same time get peeved about finding out the result. But these sites plus the social media are about communicating and getting news out immediately. In fact I thought it had screened in Perth before I put it up on Facebook and Twitter.

12 TB { 08.02.11 at 6:41 pm }

New to your blog and find reading it and the comments very entertaining, but I too was caught out by the spoiler in the title. Recorded Amazing Race final episode to watch today, came here to see your post on Masterchef and immediately saw your headline spoiling the result. It’s a bit different to a show specific forum which I would avoid until I’d watched the programme. No big deal but maybe something to keep in mind for future final episodes?

13 Reality Raver { 08.03.11 at 10:14 am }

TB – first apologies for taking so long to respond, and thanks for reading. I will take yours and pjh on board. Be also aware that sometimes the first paragraphs of my posts also give away who has eliminated or won.
I put Jack Vidgen in the title today, as it was all over the radio and the mainstream press. Keep reading and commenting, and also think about fill in the survey if you are a reality TV watcher.

14 Syed ejaz ahmad { 12.09.11 at 1:04 am }

My name is Syed Ejaz Ahmad.I am the student of class 8.I was born in 12-07-98.I love this game.No one will love this game like me.I am brave and adventurer.Me and my cosin are partners.His name is Syed Saddam Ahmad.He can drive.We can swim.We can do everything for this game.
COUNTRY:Pakistan