Dani Venn Hits Back At Her Masterchef Critics

Dani Venn who was eliminated last night from Masterchef Australia has hit back at her critics. Today in Daily Telegraph she has a slash back at her haters.

The article states:

Add a few “people who don’t have much going on in their lives,” with another bunch who “don’t know how to turn their televisions off,” and what’s left is an acidic mob who feed off their own negativity.

However it appears she is not too concerned about it as the article continues:

In her bubbly way, Venn laughed off the attacks amid claims she had been “set up” to take this year’s title.

The winner of two immunity pins this season, she became the target for all that fans say is wrong with this series: mismatched challenges, inconsistent judging and over-the-top tasks.

But falling short of Sunday night’s finale, the 26-year-old said she had “worked as hard as anybody else” to get this far.

“I don’t think I got it better than anybody else and at the end of the day it comes down to the taste of your dish. Other people can criticise they haven’t tasted it. We should give the judges credit for their talent and knowledge and know they aren’t rigging the competition.”

Laughing off the attacks, she hoped angry fans would “ease up a little bit” now she had been eliminated.

“People were convinced that I was being put in the spotlight, that I was being favoured and that I was going to win…(laughing) so maybe now they know I’m not, they might ease up a little bit.”

She has become the poster girl for cyber bullies, describing attacks on Australia’s Got Talent’s Jack Vidgen and The Block couple Josh and Jenna as “a rampage on reality television people.”

She also did a live chat on news.com.au and she reveals the biggest scandal of the Masterchef house. There is no espresso machine! She said she had to have a lot of instant coffee. I could put up with a lot of thing being locked away for Masterchef, but no real coffee would have me escaping in the first week.

I don’t get it it meant to be a food show I would have thought proper coffee would be standard.

Also she said she wants to open an Asian grocery store and snack bar. She is also open to further television opportunities, and food demonstrations. She may have been the most criticised in the house, however she will be one of the few remembered from this season of Masterchef Australia.

Check out her website www.danivenn.com

1 brain dead dave { 08.03.11 at 1:37 pm }

As deluded as she ever was and reacting like a vampire being shown a crucifix. Good riddance,legohead.

2 littlepetal { 08.03.11 at 1:57 pm }

She tend to cook with Asian (mainly Vietnamese) flavour. Adam and Marion are better with Asian cooking. Why would you go to her Asian grocery store when there are so many Asian grocery stores run by Asian and cheaper?

3 Paul { 08.03.11 at 2:12 pm }

BDD,
How is she deluded from that piece in the paper?

4 brain dead dave { 08.03.11 at 2:32 pm }

Paul…When a contestant has been given every possible assistance from the producers, demonstrates on any number of occasions that she can’t cook and is still expressing a desire to open an Asian grocery store and snack bar( embarrassingly reminiscent of the abortive The Hearth),I have to wonder.

As usual ,she’s not blaming herself at all but the public-for not having lives,etc,whatever.

I call that being deluded.

5 Chunks { 08.03.11 at 2:34 pm }

I’m sorry but $100,000 is not really that much these days. How much do they get if their book sells well? Is it all worth having to drink instant coffee for the best part of a year? NO.

6 Paul { 08.03.11 at 2:37 pm }

Chunks,
I think its the challenge that drives them.

The money would not be the primary motivator. And if it is, you’re entering for the wrong reasons.

7 ange { 08.03.11 at 2:48 pm }

Hi,
I think it was time for Dani to go. I for one am glad lego-head has gone. She can criticise negative content on forums but surely she must be aware that being on television may leave you open to criticism (as well as fans). I agree with Chunks & Paul – $100,000 might not the motive for entering, so many other variables can come into play

8 brain dead dave { 08.03.11 at 2:55 pm }

Dani may be able to jag an appearance on Ready,Steady Cook . Today last year’s also rans Jimmy and Matthew are cooking. Jimmy revealed that he only made two cakes before Ma$terchef. Who would have guessed?

Matthew “Every dish has a lot of elements’ Well,really? He’s gone back to being an accountant but he’s got a food blog.

9 seepi { 08.03.11 at 2:58 pm }

Actually I’d go to her asian grocer – I’m a bit intimidated by the traditional ones and have no idea what to buy. I dunno if there is a big market of people like me though.

I like the idea of having take away type food available too – little salads and won tons etc – perhaps with recipes and ingredients for sale.

10 Paul { 08.03.11 at 3:02 pm }

I’m the same seepi.

I also think the take away idea is a good one too – if you like an item you could speak to someone there and get ingredients possibly.

11 brain dead dave { 08.03.11 at 3:26 pm }

Dani might be better going for something “more simpler”…..like toasting buns.

12 smauge { 08.03.11 at 4:44 pm }

Dani – it’s not the judges that were biased (depending on who you ask) it was the challenges. Michael got three dishes against Ezard; Dani got a dessert against Eamon Sullivan. I rest my case.

13 Anonymous { 08.03.11 at 4:49 pm }

I think Paul is secretly Dani.

14 brain dead dave { 08.03.11 at 4:56 pm }

Furthermore,the legoheaded loser sugar coats the entire rort by bleating that she “earned” the ammunity pins. Der.

Couldn’t a hot spoon get that crap ice cream out of the bucket? Or is that ” too simpler” ? (giggle ,giggle) Better to blame the appliances etc, whilst mindlessly gurning at the cameras.

15 Anonymous { 08.03.11 at 5:16 pm }

I think brain dead dave is secretly the person Dani was describing.

16 smauge { 08.03.11 at 5:17 pm }

Not secretly anonymous

17 Chunks { 08.03.11 at 5:44 pm }

Come on Paul, are you secretly Dani and if so did you have a smart phone in the house in order to be able to post on this blog?

18 Angel86 { 08.03.11 at 6:20 pm }

This whole week of Ready, Steady, Cook has been Masterchef contestants so far. It was Jay and Courtney on Monday, Marion and Joanne yesterday and then Jimmy and Matthew today. They all pick the weird ingredients though. I used to like watching that show to be able to see quick, easy meals that I could try but I don’t want to cook kohlrabi or other weirdo stuff.

19 anonymice { 08.03.11 at 7:42 pm }

Don’t get too upset Dani! Kate is doing a great jobn ow replacing you and your annoying, over-reacting manner!

20 Dutch Courage { 08.03.11 at 7:51 pm }

What’s this ‘Lego head’ rubbish. Is it about looks now? Dani is quite an attractive lady, we’ve seen a lot worse on MasterChef.

21 lulu { 08.03.11 at 8:27 pm }

anonymice…..I know!!! What’s happened to her, has she been Danified?

22 Mac { 08.03.11 at 8:30 pm }

The Legohead comments is dumb as hell since her hair is cute and totally suits her style. To sum up Dani’s comments, “Haters gonna hate. Don’t hate me, hate the game. Deal with it.”

23 Jo { 08.03.11 at 8:54 pm }

I’m very surprised about the lack of expresso machine! Foodies are often very into their quality coffees. Rachel mentioned that she starts each day with a four shot macchiato. Why hello withdrawal! It’s probably another way to make the contestants feel antsy to get some drama.

24 littlepetal { 08.03.11 at 9:36 pm }

Maybe Dani don’t know how to operate the espresso machine and nobody want to do it for her!!

25 ange { 08.03.11 at 9:48 pm }

I got really bored with tonight’s episode and feel asleep – who won?

26 littlepetal { 08.03.11 at 9:58 pm }

Michael is into the Final and Alana and Kate in the elimination challenge tomorrow night

27 wayno { 08.03.11 at 11:03 pm }

Yaay… Michael going through tonight was probably the first time I got genuinely excited about this season (although it was a mere moment of fist punching excitement) and then I slumped and went back to my cup of tea.

28 SaintsDeano { 08.04.11 at 6:42 am }

No espresso coffee is truly a scandal. No wonder there were so many disasters served up this season.

29 smauge { 08.04.11 at 6:59 am }

Did you celebrate Michael-style, wayno? That was a classic!

30 librarygirl { 08.04.11 at 7:58 am }

Dani was on 7 p.m. project last night. She said about the social media hating on her something like : “it’ll pass – they’ll start picking on one of The Renovators” next.

Too true.

31 Suzanne { 08.04.11 at 9:03 am }

Take the plunge Seepi. Asian grocers are a place filled with fantastic foodie delights. Start slowly with a familiar item, like soy sauce, and then build up your confidence. We have always had great success with asking the shop owners/ workers for their recommendations. There’s always an elderly lady ready to offer advice :-)
I don’t know that I would shop at Dani’s grocer, but I can see how it would make some ingredients more accessible.

32 Skod { 08.04.11 at 10:00 am }

I save my hate for politicians.

33 sourkraut { 08.04.11 at 1:57 pm }

Skod
Especially the clowns in Govt at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34 sourkraut { 08.04.11 at 2:00 pm }

Speaking of clowns….I think WE (self included) are all guilty of being clowns due to the fact that we allow ma$tershit to suck us all in emotionally to boost their miserable ratings performance.
This show has REACHED ITS USE-BY DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 Mark { 08.04.11 at 4:22 pm }

I’m surprised to read that Dani is ‘hated’ by a whole group of internet people (I avoided reading about Masterchef online this year since I was behind and didn’t want to be spoilerified). I love everything about Dani, her personality and even her dorky laugh etc. are really endearing, and her face is truly beautiful (though I didn’t realise how gorgeous she is till I’d been watching for at least a few weeks for some reason). And no, this isn’t Dani and nor do I know her haha.

36 Wayno { 08.04.11 at 10:06 pm }

I must say the show is tiring for me but the finale looks fun and even the Friday night this week looks watchable.

37 Woycie { 06.06.13 at 6:35 am }

How sad for brain dead dave and littlepetal – clearly, they have a personal problem with Dani. I can think of many of the contestants that did not make it – nor did they deserve to get through. Dani was a lovely girl, good looking (BDD needs his eyes tested) and a pleasure to watch. She also did some fantastic cooking, and was eliminated at about the right time in the competition. both BDD, and littlepetal should suck it up and move on.