Jack Vidgen Wins Australia Got Talent

Jack Vidgen claimed the $250,000 first prize on this year’s Australia’s Got Talent. The talented 14 year old singer was one of the reasons the show rated so well for Channel Seven this year.

The runner-up with Consentino the magician.

Congratulations Jack.

Do you think the right person won?

Source: Daily Telegraph

1 bella vita { 08.03.11 at 10:33 am }

Strong group of finalists this year, however Jack is already starting to see the tall poppy syndrome happening.
I think getting his teeth fixed BEFORE he won was a huge huge mistake….he came across as quite plastic last night…and you think he would have least been coached in saying something more than “Thankyou so much, thankyou”…which was the basis of pretty much everything that’s come out of his mouth.

Timomatic looked mighty P’ off also…didn’t see Tahlia in the audience?

Hope Cosentino does well and snaps up a show in Vegas

2 brain dead dave { 08.03.11 at 1:06 pm }

Poor Jack looks like a pubescent Kevin Rudd with an all too obvious teeth job,singing appallingly nauseating “originals” .

3 L { 08.03.11 at 2:32 pm }

Talia was in the audience bella vita, she was sitting behind Tim’s family. I don’t think he looked pissed off at all… Seemed to be very humbled and in awe by it all.

I think Timomatic or Cosentino would have been excellent winners, but I’m not surprised that Australia went with the cute, white, non-threatening, generic choice. Yawn.

4 Moo { 08.03.11 at 4:21 pm }

One of the reasons I’ve never watched this show is that it’s basically Australian Idol V2. The winner of every single season so far has either been a singer or musician (or a group of them). Surely Australia has a wider range of talent than merely singers/musicians, or am I just being deluded? Sadly, the X Factor seems to be going down the same path as well.

Australia’s obsession with singers/musicians on these shows is starting to become quite nauseating.

5 sue { 08.03.11 at 5:01 pm }

I didn’t think Timomatic looked pissed off at all!!!! Some people must watch totally different shows to me I think?!?!

Jack’s teeth and hair look shocking!

I wanted the barber shop quartet or the old fella to win, but I knew they wouldn’t…sigh

IMO, Jack got in becoz of the tweenies, not because he is white- & he is a carbon copy of bieber (ewwwwww)

6 some random { 08.03.11 at 5:03 pm }

Jack has talent, but he doesn’t have charisma, they audience only voted him through because of all the publicity he was getting. personally, i think Timomatic should have won.

7 brain dead dave { 08.03.11 at 5:21 pm }

I hope for Jack’s sake that the judges didn’t bull$hit him like Ronan Keating telling Altiyan forklift driver that he was an “international superstar” on X Factor.

8 bella vita { 08.03.11 at 5:29 pm }

I cringed every time one of the judges told the finalists that they were absolute “stars”.
Look at all the “winners” of all these talent comps..
Bonnie Anderson…was 12 when she won…now nowhere…Mark Vincent playing to the RSL crowds…Justice Crew charging big money to play at festivals….
Jess Mauboy as a runner up only seems to ever appear on aussie programs as a special guest act YAWN
Anthony..more famous now for coming out as gay….Stan Walker HELLO, Shannon, Damian BLAH BLAH BLAH
I am so bored with aussie talent shows….

and let me just say that Nat Bass is in no way shape or form in the same league to be next to Mel B on The X Factor

9 Amy { 08.04.11 at 11:48 pm }

Do I think the right person won? No.

But it does not matter what others in the TV viewing audience and/or I think… even including so-called ‘votes’, because the ‘Producers’ aka ‘Shysters’ of Reality TV or more appropriate ‘Fake TV’ decide who will win.

Here on RR on the ‘Jack Vigden Received Death Threats On His Facebook Page’ post, I have made my comment about what I think and feel about Jack ‘Celine/Delta/Whitney’ Vigden and his win.

Jack Whitney is as phony as his mumsy, housewife inspired, self blow-waved hairdont, as phony as his upper veneered front rabbit teeth, as phony as his ‘Straight Eye For The Queer Guy’ clothing and as phony as the record label he will record his Susan Boyle meets Julie Goodwin debut CD (CrapDung).
The mums, grandmums, wierd kids that dont ‘fit in, Juliar Guzzard and impressionable wannabes will buy Jack Whitneys CD.

Who knows? Maybe Cravatski, Bald Chilli Sweater and Fenix Penix will buy the Jack Whitney CD too… to play on the next MasterCrap series – 2012. Instead of Jumping The Shark they can deafen it into viewing submission.