George Calombaris Baby Should Be Seen Soon

George Calombaris and his partner Natalie Tricario are reported to have been paid a swag of money by a magazine for the first shots of baby James George Calombaris.  They left hospital yesterday and kept the baby well wrapped up. (Source: Herald Sun)

I think it fine that George is selling the photos and story of the birth, however the downside is don’t start complaining about privacy. I must confess I am looking forward to see the photos, to see if he looks like his father.

The timing of the birth means George will be at the announcement of the winner on Sunday night. Masterchef Australia’s final starts at 6.30pm I will be live blogging.

1 Jasmin { 08.04.11 at 11:39 am }

‘They left the hospital yesterday and kept the baby well wrapped up” (see photo above)
Know you like a bit of ‘Mystery Box’, George, but carrying your kid around wrapped up like a present is going a bit far…!

2 brain dead dave { 08.04.11 at 11:51 am }

George is $alivating again.

3 Pollywaffle { 08.04.11 at 1:03 pm }

Caption for photo:

George the only Greek who regifts pastry

4 brain dead dave { 08.04.11 at 1:16 pm }

George is the now the proud father of a Greece monkey.

5 littlepetal { 08.04.11 at 1:39 pm }

They are all the same. When it suits them, they want the money and the publicity. Other times, leave me alone.

The one that I admire is Daneilla Spencer (wife of Russell Crowe). You hardly see her in the gossip magazines or the papers. She doesn’t go out and say ‘look at me, look at me’. Just happy to do her own thing.

6 Anonymous { 08.04.11 at 4:34 pm }

“George Calombaris Baby Should Be Seen Soon”
How many months pregnant is he?
I’d say 6 months based on that photo

7 Suzanne { 08.04.11 at 7:23 pm }

Of course the baby will look like George – short, chubby and bald.

8 brain dead dave { 08.04.11 at 7:29 pm }

They left the hospital yesterday and kept the baby well wrapped up” – in proscuitto.

9 AnonyMousse { 08.04.11 at 8:26 pm }

“don’t start complaining about privacy.”

I actually don’t agree with this. That might work in a perfect world where people don’t take pictures of you without your permission, but we instead live in a world where paparazzi know that the first person to get a clear picture of the baby will get the highest selling price for their pictures, and there are unscupulous people out there who would gladly trespass or worse to get the payoff. By selling the first photos you control the bounty situation that would otherwise occur and reduce the temptation for freelancers to treat your private life like their pay packet.

10 George { 08.06.11 at 10:15 am }

Yes, grapevine news….not just a new baby.. & another show…”Top Notch Cuisine”reality game show. Inreractive, studio audience (taste food, celebs, judges& viewer vote..twist..can you tell professional or amateur cook??? Question is will other 2 join him????