Four Weddings – Did The Best Wedding Win?

Four Weddings is back for a second season, this was the surprise hit of the reality TV shows of last year, because when it comes to weddings it bring out the bitch in us.

The premise of the show is there are four weddings, and the brides go to each others ones and score them, rating the dress, ceremony, food, and reception. The person with the highest score wins a luxury honeymoon.

This is cost Channel Seven barely anything to make but last year it was rating very well.

Tonight we had Amy 21 who was having the huge Lebanese wedding, Tanya who was having the Lord of The Flies theme wedding, Brae who was producing her own wedding, and Jules who won her wedding by sumo wrestling six other brides to be.

Baeu’s wedding was first. She was an event manager  and Tom looks exhausted before he even got down the aisle and sighed “I deserve this honeymoon”.

Her surprise was having Justice Crew perform and the groom and his grooms men joining in at the end.

She does seem to talk about it as a production. By the end of it I thought did she love him? However once the wedding started they did look like they were, and they also seemed to have a lot of fun.

The dress was a bit like a mermaid, I had to agree with the other contestants  it had no stand out feature.  The reception was at Darling Harbour. Jules did not think the reception space had no wow factor. Jules is a bit of a boganette, and quite frankly I don’t think a person who won a wedding by sumo wrestling is a arbiter of class. This was compounded by the fact she had only had smoked salmon in a can! I think she is thinking of just plain salmon. Brae’s wedding cost $50,000.

Tanya who was the loveliest of the brides was marrying a movie buff, and hence the Lord of The Rings theme. In her optimism she thought Gollum as a ringbearer would get her over the line. Big mistake. It was weird, funny, but weird and did go on a bit too long. However the Gollum character may get approached for other performances after being on the show.Her wedding cost $20,000.

I thought the other girls were a bit scabby on what they scored her wedding dress.  I thought it suited her and the wedding. Also a special shout out must go to the cake which was designed as the castle/town from the movie. It looked a particularly unappetising colour of grey.

Jules the swim wear model won her wedding by sumo wrestling nine other brides to win their wedding and reception at the  Newcastle Jockey Club.  The hubby was a horse trainer. Even winning the major part of her wedding it still cost her $10,000. Jules was little bit of  bogan she didn’t like a lot of the food at the other weddings, and if she wasn’t getting married I would have suggested she audition for The Beauty and The Geek. Having said that her reception did look like a lot of fun, and I did tear up as they said her foster father was walking her down the aisle, so obviously she hasn’t had a childhood like Pollyanna.

I did crack up at the “horse race” at the end and Jules looked like she was having a hoot of a time. Her husband just looked pissed as he was when he turned up in the hummer with his mates.

Special shout out to foster parents they do a great job. Now that public service announcement is over lets get on with the sniping.

Amy is 21 and was having a huge Lebanese wedding with over 560 people invited, I note all of them didn’t make it to the ceremony but just turned up for the reception. Her budget was over $60,000.

Her dress was what I would call the dress with the lot. It had meringue, feathers, sparkles, beading, diamantes and sequins, and God knows what else. It wasn’t a catastrophe and she looked beautiful, and I thought the other girls could have given her a few more points. What let her down was the other three were not used to the length or noise of a Lebanese wedding, and no doubt it got very boring.

Jules said she only knew one Lebanese word and that was tabbouleh – I doubt she had eaten it. Also the food was not that great if the ravioli was anything to go by.

It was time for the judging and I was surprised when Baeu’s husband stepped from the limo to claim the holiday. With this show sometimes the best person doesn’t win. Also with Baeu’s low scoring of the others this helped to get her over the line?

What did you think of the weddings, the brides, the dresses?

1 seepi { 08.10.11 at 10:44 am }

Loooove this show!!

It mostly makes me think all weddings are a huge waste of money – 50 and 60 thousand. Ouch. No wonder brides flip out when something goes wrong.

the scores were ridiculously low – the winner only got 16 out of 30.

I like Tanya’s wedding, but the gollum bit did go on for far too long. Th cake was gorgeous, but would have been perfect in white with a bit of silver.

2 Kaylen { 08.10.11 at 10:52 am }

I didn’t watch it – someone else in my house did, though. They seemed to enjoy it. Heard a bit of laughter, so… must of been good, at least!

3 Jaime { 08.10.11 at 10:52 am }

Baeu cheated!! Of course by scoring everyone low she was guarenteed the win! What a nasty piece of work!

4 Brad { 08.10.11 at 11:01 am }

I enjoyed it. My family and I have recently discovered the british and amreican versions of the show on foxtel and are kind of addicted at the moment!! The best one to watch in my opinion is the british version because the women are moslty cows who have funny accents and comment on how “weddingy” things were and seriously over use the phrase “I wouldn’t ‘ave ‘ad tha’ at ma weddin”. It’s pretty simple format to reproduce and the Australians do it well – it’s just a bit harder to laugh at ourselves than people overseas I reckon! The best format for scoring I find is the American version, they allocate points for overall experience immediately following each wedding and then after attending all weddings they rank them each from 1-3 in the categories of food, dress and venue (and possibly guests as well if i’m remembering correctly) – this means that the brides can’t deliberately give low scores to better their own chances. However, I do like that the Australian version also allocates points for ceremony, a section often overlooked in the scoring of the overseas versions.

5 Wurstsemmel { 08.10.11 at 11:02 am }

Lord of the Flies? I think you mean Lord of the Rings….at least, I didn’t see any Piggy. :)

6 Culinary Boner { 08.10.11 at 11:42 am }

Did they usher the bride in with The Conch?? lol

I reckon a Lord of the Flies themed wedding would shit on a Lord of the Rings version. Pork, anyone??

7 Bruiser Brody { 08.10.11 at 11:45 am }

Buea (ridiculous spelling for an uber wog-child) totally fixed it! Max scores of 4 for anyone – but then again, what the hell are the others thinking! Its a competition, these aren’t your “mates”, you will never see them again, so why not give them all 2’s?

And wtf was with Gollum wearing the get-up FOR THE WHOLE NITE??? Seriously, we got the package at the ceremony, your contract doesn’t stipulate you must now eat dinner through false teeth with your rotting plastic falling on the table?!?
Shows what happens when you let a guy organise any part of the wedding – whatta bogan!

8 Jaime { 08.10.11 at 1:36 pm }

Totally agree Brody!!

9 Iain { 08.10.11 at 1:46 pm }

Totally agrea Buea shonked her way to victory. They only four out of ten’s she should have given out for the other weddings was her own choices of blubber hugging dresses. They have to fix the scoring else every wedding will eventually score a 3 out of 30.

10 Chunks { 08.10.11 at 4:13 pm }

Wow that really threw me there RR. Perhaps a Lord of the Flies themed wedding would have been a better idea? All the bridezillas running around with sticks stabbing each other and screaming “kill the pig”. Way more fun.

11 Culinary Boner { 08.10.11 at 4:31 pm }

…And all them fly-blown pigs’ heads on poles as decoration.
It’d be awesome.
Sort of like Survivor, but with ‘meaning’ and no Jeff Probst.
Chris Badenoch could do the catering, of course.
Horses douvres could be ‘pig on a stick suprise’ – devils on horseback.
And entree could be chowder in a giant clam-like shell thingy – the conch.
Main would be whole suckling pig.
Not certain about dessert though.
Who needs gollum?
I’d be almost as good as having a Furry Wedding – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS75-oSCZFo.

12 alicia { 08.10.11 at 7:05 pm }

The only thing i dont like about this show is that the contestants get to judge each other how can we be sure that they are fair

13 sue { 08.10.11 at 8:33 pm }

I thought Blondie’s was the best, but agree Beau’s (??) strategic scoring ensured she would win…

14 Sonya Cole { 03.24.12 at 12:29 pm }

Shows like this should have weighted voting like they do with the US version. You gives scores but you also have to vote which one was the best, second & third so that the it makes it fairer. I’m just watching the episode right now in NZ.